Question anyone have the Mix Fold 2 already? where is the mix fold 2 forum?

Search This thread

Ariana2013

Nov 8, 2022
Hello! I have a problem with my xiaomi mix fold 2 and maybe you can help me and give me an advice. My Phone arrived (in Romania) few days ago and from the Day 1 I have some problems with whatsapp. First of all I notice that my entire agenda doesnt upload – I made a backup before transfer all the data from my last xiaomi) but the contact names doesnt appear în whatsapp until I go to a random conversation and “add contact” but not finishing the adding. That was the first problem, not resolved because just few minute ago my whatsapp account was temporarily banned. I start reading some info in help center what that means and they say that or im using an unofficial version or that I might be harvesting information, which is known as scraping. How can I fix this? The app I took down from google play and I m not scraping..I dont even know what that means…so…please,...an advice what should I do because I cant risk that my whatsapp account be banned. Thank you

Dfis

Sep 21, 2022
I have a mix fold 2 and added morelocal 2 to change the language. It works like a Charme.
Hello. I really like to purchase the phone but am afraid about the language alignment wise...
My language is Hebrew which is right to left.
Can you please share a screenshot of your phone's settings?

Prydateer

Dec 10, 2022
I also posted a short while ago a method to enable the use of any 3rd party launcher.
Here's my debloat list (on top of user-uninstallable software from Android settings):

pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.browser
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.mms
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.quicksearchbox
pm uninstall --user 0 com.mipay.wallet
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.analytics
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.bugreport
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.contentcatcher
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.contentextension
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.core.internal.assistant
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.gallery
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.miservice
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.nextpay
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.personalassistant
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.phrase
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.player
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.screenshot
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.securityadd
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.systemAdSolution
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.touchassistant
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.translation.kingsoft
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.translation.xmcloud
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.translationservice
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.tsmclient
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.video
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.voiceassist
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.voicetrigger
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.yellowpage
pm uninstall --user 0 com.sohu.inputmethod.sogou.xiaomi
pm uninstall --user 0 com.unionpay.tsmservice.mi
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.aiasst.service
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.aiasst.vision
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.finddevice
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.gamecenter.sdk.service
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.market
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.migameservice
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.payment
pm uninstall --user 0 om.miui.translation.kingsoft
pm uninstall --user 0 org.mipay.android.manager
Hi, I did all this but now I do not have SMS functionality anymore. How can I solve this?

Glesi2323

Jul 29, 2022
Hi, I did all this but now I do not have SMS functionality anymore. How can I solve this?
I might be wrong but once you delete something critical, you have to reset the phone. I learned my lesson when I accidentally took off xiaomi cloud and I kept getting a constant pop up saying there was an error connecting to the cloud, which I couldn’t remove without resetting the phone again.

Prydateer

Dec 10, 2022
Shoot! My Xiaomi Account (cloud) is also not working anymore. Which "bloatware" is responsible for this and is it also possible to undo this while not have to completely reinstall my Fold 2?

Prydateer

Dec 10, 2022
Is there somekind of list with an explanation for these services. So what they actually do. Some are obvious of course like Browser, Wallet, Player etc. but some are not at all.

pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.personalassistant
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.phrase
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.player
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.screenshot
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.securityadd
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.systemAdSolution
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.touchassistant
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.translation.kingsoft
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.translation.xmcloud
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.translationservice
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.tsmclient
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.video
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.voiceassist
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.voicetrigger
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.yellowpage
pm uninstall --user 0 com.sohu.inputmethod.sogou.xiaomi
pm uninstall --user 0 com.unionpay.tsmservice.mi
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.aiasst.service
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.aiasst.vision
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.finddevice
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.gamecenter.sdk.service
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.market
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.migameservice
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.payment
pm uninstall --user 0 om.miui.translation.kingsoft
pm uninstall --user 0 org.mipay.android.manager

Ikatz001

Jan 8, 2023
Hi, surprised no one has mentioned this except at the beginning of the thread some lost messages they were never answered but.. There is no way to customize the app grid?? It only has the default 4x5 option and no way to change it, am I missing something? Is there a way to fix this without rooting, etc?
Thanks!

jamesbilluk

Mar 12, 2019
Im using Fluid Navigation Gestures along with the magisk props module to hide the three button navigation by setting the prop "qemu.hw.mainkeys" to 1.

I had to disable pause on lock screen inside advanced>rules per app to stop the gestures breaking after a screen lock and unlock.

The rest of the settings are set up to be as close to android default as possible: left side quick swipe back and nothing fold hold, right side quick swipe back and nothing fold hold, bottom quick swipe for home and hold for recents. As for the other settings like sensitivity and size they are all just preference.
That looks great! Thank you. I'll see if I can give that a go.

indigold

Aug 11, 2011
warri
Hello! I have a problem with my xiaomi mix fold 2 and maybe you can help me and give me an advice. My Phone arrived (in Romania) few days ago and from the Day 1 I have some problems with whatsapp. First of all I notice that my entire agenda doesnt upload – I made a backup before transfer all the data from my last xiaomi) but the contact names doesnt appear în whatsapp until I go to a random conversation and “add contact” but not finishing the adding. That was the first problem, not resolved because just few minute ago my whatsapp account was temporarily banned. I start reading some info in help center what that means and they say that or im using an unofficial version or that I might be harvesting information, which is known as scraping. How can I fix this? The app I took down from google play and I m not scraping..I dont even know what that means…so…please,...an advice what should I do because I cant risk that my whatsapp account be banned. Thank you
Were u able to solve this . I have same issue. I ordered mine from China . Am in the uk

BeeFGee

Nov 13, 2007
Understand that it's been some time since anyone replied to this thread.
But I'm facing this issue now as well. Did you manage to fix this?
Just to help out others facing the same issue here.
I have managed to use WhatsApp without issue for a couple of days now without being "temporarily banned".

The problem seems to stem from MIUI constantly killing the WhatsApp service thus requiring a restart. At restart, from what I gather is that WhatsApp pulls user data from your phone contact list to update its own contact list.
However, if you like me previously had many many open chats, it results in a large number of updates constantly. I believe this is what makes WhatsApp think we are carrying our data scalping, or using a bot to constantly change our contact list in order to automate message sending.

Thus the simple solution that worked for me was:
Archive all my old chats and have a smaller number of active chats. I believe this stopped the constant updating of contacts and thus allowed me to use WhatsApp as per normal!

Fingers crossed! Hope this helps others!

Reactions: luffy1090

Prydateer

Dec 10, 2022
Someone any experience with a dead pixel in the crease? Mine has one since this morning. It was just there all of sudden. Did not dro the device or anything like that. It now has a very thin white line both horizontally and vertically running from the dead pixel all the way up the the bezels.

Is an invoice necassery in China for a warranty claim? Because the device cannot be older then 12 months.

dallas1164

Jan 29, 2015
Vivo X Fold
Someone any experience with a dead pixel in the crease? Mine has one since this morning. It was just there all of sudden. Did not dro the device or anything like that. It now has a very thin white line both horizontally and vertically running from the dead pixel all the way up the the bezels.

Is an invoice necassery in China for a warranty claim? Because the device cannot be older then 12 months.
its just about 12 months I believe. Where did you buy it from? They might have some kind of warranty

nmhusa

Mar 8, 2006
also, wanted to point out in case anyone misses wireless charging

these work great. I can't live without wireless charging as I'm so used to it, especially in my car as I just plop the phone down on the built in charger.

I have this behind my case and it charges with no problem.
Honor Magic V2 misses out on Wireless charging. Mix fold 3 does not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is just a quick user summery for those thinking of importing Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 over to UK. I’ve had mine for just over a week now and I’m happy with it so far pretty much all working and I’m using it on EE network.

Push notifications has been a challenge as there is several settings (detailed below) that needs to be done in order get the notification working fully for your desired apps that being said as some pointed out here even after applying these settings some apps still not getting notifications immediately. Lucky for me these settings are working so no need to root the phone.

Having used Galaxy Z Fold 2/3 for last couple years hardware wise I think Mix Fold 2 is superior, it feels better in the hand just like using a normal phone, most everyday task can be done on the cover screen while the inner screen is great for multi-tasking, media consumption and web browsing etc…

However, software wise the Samsung One UI Fold 2/3 & 4 is far more polished than Xiaomi MIU, so if software is of paramount to you and bearing mind Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 is not IP rated and does not have true Flex mode then I would recommend sticking with Galaxy Z Fold 3/4.

For me I’m ok to compromise a little on the software side just to have a better hardware experience on Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 especially the in hand feeling and IP rating doesn’t bother me as I had the Galaxy Fold 2 had no issues and never used Flex mode.

Settings I enabled:

STEP 1:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Scroll down to the Apps sub-menu.
    3. Select Permissions.
    4. Tap Autostart.
    5. Choose the apps that you want push notifications.
    6. Toggle the slider to ensure the apps always start automatically in the background.
    STEP 2:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Battery
    3. Tap the Setting/Cog Top Right corner
    4. Under Lock Screen Settings - Turn off mobile data when device is locked set to Never
    5. Under Lock Screen Settings – Clear Cache when device is locked set to Never
    STEP 3:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Battery
    4. Scroll down to App Battery Saver
    5. Select the App that you want push notifications.
    6. Choose No restrictions.

STEP 4:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Battery
    4. Scroll down to Scenarios
    5. Disable Sleep mode

STEP 5:
    1. Launch Security app
    2. Select Battery
    4. Scroll down to Boost speed
    5. Select Lock Apps
    6. Select the App that you want and toggle slider to Lock app in the background

Pros​

• Incredibly thin light premium build.
    • Large cover/inner folding screen than competition
    • Zero gap fold mechanism
    • Leica Camera OK for most shots
    + Softer crease less visible inner screen with AR
    + IR blaster nice to have

Cons​

• Software not polished as competition
    • No flex mode
    • No IP Rating
    • Aggressive Battery Management
    • China Only No Global Release
    Got mine a few days ago definitely better that the Samsung fold 4 )
    Hi, I just got a new update for my mix fold 2. I am rooted with unlocked bootloader. Stock recovery. Can I update?
    If you are rooted with Magisk you can do what I did yesterday:
    I first turned off "automatically install updates" in Developer Settings. Then I went into Settings and clicked on my MIUI 13.1.16 version and it prompted me to check for updates. When it found an update for 13.1.21 it asked if I wanted to download it and I clicked yes. When it finished downloading it asked me if I wanted to install and I clicked yes. It quickly downloaded a relatively small 1.8 GB incremental update and began to install it and part way through it stopped and said "error installing MIUI ROM update". I went back and checked for update again and again was prompted to download the update. This time it downloaded a much larger 5.4 GB update and when I chose to install. It took about twenty minutes to install but finished and then prompted me to reboot. I DID NOT reboot. Instead I opened the Magisk Manager app (I hadn't turned off Magisk or any of its modules) and within the Magisk Manager I chose to "install" Magisk (not 'install Magisk app') and I was then given three choices as to how to install Magisk. I chose "install to inactive slot after OTA"). When this completed within Magisk I was prompted to reboot my phone and it took about five minutes to boot back up (just like it did when I first flashed Magisk) and the phone was then up and running with the update installed and with Magisk still installed and all its modules still installed and active.

Xiaomi will allow OTA updates with root, but apparently only full, not incremental updates. When it first tries to install an incremental update it will fail, but just do it again and this time it downloads the full update and you are good to go.
    Can you please provide some details on how you achieved these gestures? Looks really smooth.
    Im using Fluid Navigation Gestures along with the magisk props module to hide the three button navigation by setting the prop "qemu.hw.mainkeys" to 1.

I had to disable pause on lock screen inside advanced>rules per app to stop the gestures breaking after a screen lock and unlock.

The rest of the settings are set up to be as close to android default as possible: left side quick swipe back and nothing fold hold, right side quick swipe back and nothing fold hold, bottom quick swipe for home and hold for recents. As for the other settings like sensitivity and size they are all just preference.
    I also posted a short while ago a method to enable the use of any 3rd party launcher.
    Here's my debloat list (on top of user-uninstallable software from Android settings):
    n.b. you will lose SMS/MMS functionality; either install another client (like QKSMS) or don't uninstall com.android.mms from the list below).