• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Anyone Have ZenFone 8 on Verizion?

Search This thread

Thranx

Jul 31, 2008
it looks like it has the right frequencies to operate on Verizon, and it will initially connect to the network on boot, but then drops off.

Any ideas here?

kfeltes

May 25, 2010
Central Illinois
Hi - Mine arrived over the weekend and I put in my Verizon 5G sim card and i was able to connect to verizon data network. All things data worked.

But I can't place or receive calls as volte isn't working (my account has volte active). I don't have 5G where I live - so I'm on the LTE network.

I opened a support case with Asus this morning - they said to wait 24 to 48 hours for their engineers to review it. They originally told me to call Verizon, which Verizon told me they can't help. Verizon said Asus has to work with them to get the phone certified. I'm not sure what to do at this point except wait for Asus to reply. I will be returning it if they don't get it sorted out very quickly.

noesi5

Sep 30, 2021
Out of the box I had data only without ability to make calls. After rooting the the phone and installing LineageOS I was able to make calls and and operate the phone on Verizon network without any issues.

briank6932

Apr 5, 2017
Out of the box I had data only without ability to make calls. After rooting the the phone and installing LineageOS I was able to make calls and and operate the phone on Verizon network without any issues.
Can anyone confirm this? And if so, why does LineageOS work, but not the default ROM?