Anyone having any Lag & Heat Issues???

Search This thread

chrispyutec

Apr 6, 2011
Tyler, Texas
Having Lag & Heat Issues???

Is anyone having lag issue or any heat issues? I guess I have one of the problem notes as mine has extreme lag and heat problems. I have cleared all caches and have also factory reset several times. What's weird is that the lag will come and go, but it's there more often than not. Even scrolling in settings has the jitters.

Any ideas anyone. I might be better off going through the miserable process of exchanging through the mail.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reactions: ram4ufriends

Majin101

May 8, 2010
You'll have to boot to safe mode to see if the issue persists. Also, make sure power saving mode isn't on (I've left it on before).

Reactions: chrispyutec

ShrekOpher

May 14, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
My guess is it has to do with one or multiple of the apps you have installed. There is a 3 step process to fix this issue.

#1 - See if any of the apps you have installed are running rouge. Check, battery usage, RAM usage, and Data Usage to see if you have any bad apps. Uninstall any 3rd party apps that you installed that are running too much. They may just still need updated to be optimized for this new device. Also you can use the "sleep" (doze) feature in battery management to restrict apps that are running TOO much in the background. Also on any apps that are using too much data or RAM check the permissions. If an app does not need access to Data, Media etc to work properly turn off those permissions.

#2 Debloat the device. I like "Package Disabler Pro". Basically if it has Facebook, FB, or ATT in the name you should disable it. Also you can go through an disable any Samsung software you do not use as well. I would be careful about using the "disable all bloatware" button because it is not setup correctly for this new device yet.

#3 Give it some time. It you have a TON of media on a micro EXSD card then it can take a new phone a long time to index and create thumbnails for all of that information. It should speed up i about a day or so once it finishes indexing. this will also effect your battery life till it is completed.

Reactions: burrzoo

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
My guess is it has to do with one or multiple of the apps you have installed. There is a 3 step process to fix this issue.

#1 - See if any of the apps you have installed are running rouge. Check, battery usage, RAM usage, and Data Usage to see if you have any bad apps. Uninstall any 3rd party apps that you installed that are running too much. They may just still need updated to be optimized for this new device. Also you can use the "sleep" (doze) feature in battery management to restrict apps that are running TOO much in the background. Also on any apps that are using too much data or RAM check the permissions. If an app does not need access to Data, Media etc to work properly turn off those permissions.

#2 Debloat the device. I like "Package Disabler Pro". Basically if it has Facebook, FB, or ATT in the name you should disable it. Also you can go through an disable any Samsung software you do not use as well. I would be careful about using the "disable all bloatware" button because it is not setup correctly for this new device yet.

#3 Give it some time. It you have a TON of media on a micro EXSD card then it can take a new phone a long time to index and create thumbnails for all of that information. It should speed up i about a day or so once it finishes indexing. this will also effect your battery life till it is completed.
I used the disable all bloatware. Looks to be working fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

ShrekOpher

May 14, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Can you provide a list?

Definitely. It gave me the perfect opportunity to try out the scroll capture. Let me know if you have any questions. This is what I have disabled so far without any issues. Once I get a full completed list I'll probably do a write up about how to clean up the dock ROM. I think I'm about 70% done with the list.

So far I'm getting about 6.5 hrs of SOT and about 28 his of usage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160823-104232.jpg
    Screenshot_20160823-104232.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 405

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Definitely. It gave me the perfect opportunity to try out the scroll capture. Let me know if you have any questions. This is what I have disabled so far without any issues. Once I get a full completed list I'll probably do a write up about how to clean up the dock ROM. I think I'm about 70% done with the list.

What is the file that could mess up Samsung pay? I can always restore disabled apps correct?

chrispyutec

Apr 6, 2011
Tyler, Texas
I'm exchanging mine tomorrow and was hoping for better news but from your experience it sounds like I may have to deal with an expensive piece of crap.

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

I used this app and it's worked wonders.

Sent from my Galaxy Note7 using XDA Labs

This phone lags a lot especially in Chrome and other scrolling apps.. sometimes switching between apps takes lot of time too...I have been using Samsung phones for quite sometime, but unfortunately this is the phone lagging more than any other phone for me..debloated almost 150 apps, still the same..and it gets hot as well when watching videos...none of this happened for me on Note 5...I think Samsung screwed with Note7 software..when they initially released Grace UX software for Note 5, it was very smooth...but the final Note7 software seems to be laggy...the same apps and setup on Note5 doesn't give me these issues....gonna return and try my luck with new one...but good thing is battery life has been very good for me...easily 5hrs SOT whereas on Note5, I used to get only 3.5 hrs

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Is anyone having lag issue or any heat issues? I guess I have one of the problem notes as mine has extreme lag and heat problems. I have cleared all caches and have also factory reset several times. What's weird is that the lag will come and go, but it's there more often than not. Even scrolling in settings has the jitters.

Any ideas anyone. I might be better off going through the miserable process of exchanging through the mail.

I am exactly facing this issue..I am a heavy XDA user, so I monitor all the apps on phone and debloated lot (around 150) apps...still the same.. thing is lag doesn't happen all the times..but it starts from no where..but the phone consistently gets hot while moderate usage

Last edited:

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
When the phone is working properly, bloatware should make no noticeable difference and debloating is unnecessary.

My Note 7 usually responds instantly, with no lag, no matter how heavily I'm using it. That's with nothing disabled or debloated. (I'm using the Google Now launcher but everything else is stock/default, with no esoteric apps or settings.)

However, on three occasions in the week I've had the phone, it's gotten into a mode with serious lag while typing. In this mode, even though the characters I type still show up on the screen instantly, I can type 3 or 4 characters with no sound feedback or vibration feedback; then, there will be 3 or 4 delayed clicks and vibrations in rapid succession.

When this serious-lag mode starts, it continues even if I close all apps and put the phone in Airplane mode. It also makes no difference if I turn on power-saving mode, or even maximum power-saving. The only thing I've found that fixes it (for a while) is rebooting.

The intermittent occurrence of the serious-lag problem shows that it's not a matter of the phone being underpowered or overloaded. There's some specific bug that needs to be fixed.

UPDATE: It just happened for a fourth time. And when the serious-lag mode starts, it's not just typing that has a delay with audio feedback. The feedback delay also occurs when I tap on icons, tap on the Back or Recent-apps soft-buttons, etc. There's a delay of up to a second or two between tapping and hearing the feedback.

On the other hand, compute-intensive tasks--such as playing streaming video--work properly even when the phone is in serious-lag mode. So that's further evidence that there is some specific bug, and not a general problem of being underpowered or overloaded.

Last edited:
When the phone is working properly, bloatware should make no noticeable difference and debloating is unnecessary.

My Note 7 usually responds instantly, with no lag, no matter how heavily I'm using it. That's with nothing disabled or debloated. (I'm using the Google Now launcher but everything else is stock/default, with no esoteric apps or settings.)

However, on three occasions in the week I've had the phone, it's gotten into a mode with serious lag while typing. In this mode, even though the characters I type still show up on the screen instantly, I can type 3 or 4 characters with no sound feedback or vibration feedback; then, there will be 3 or 4 delayed clicks and vibrations in rapid succession.

When this serious-lag mode starts, it continues even if I close all apps and put the phone in Airplane mode. It also makes no difference if I turn on power-saving mode, or even maximum power-saving. The only thing I've found that fixes it (for a while) is rebooting.

The intermittent occurrence of the serious-lag problem shows that it's not a matter of the phone being underpowered or overloaded. There's some specific bug that needs to be fixed.

UPDATE: It just happened for a fourth time. And when the serious-lag mode starts, it's not just typing that has a delay with audio feedback. The feedback delay also occurs when I tap on icons, tap on the Back or Recent-apps soft-buttons, etc. There's a delay of up to a second or two between tapping and hearing the feedback.

On the other hand, compute-intensive tasks--such as playing streaming video--work properly even when the phone is in serious-lag mode. So that's further evidence that there is some specific bug, and not a general problem of being underpowered or overloaded.

Curious, do these typing lags occur on the hangouts app?!?! It seems to be the ONLY app on my Note 5 (and all the other phones I've used) that has a VERY NOTICEABLE KEYBOARD LAG, especially with Samsung Stock keyboard. This happens even with other keyboards, but is WORST with samsung keyboard.....

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
Curious, do these typing lags occur on the hangouts app?!?! It seems to be the ONLY app on my Note 5 (and all the other phones I've used) that has a VERY NOTICEABLE KEYBOARD LAG, especially with Samsung Stock keyboard. This happens even with other keyboards, but is WORST with samsung keyboard.....
No, the problem I'm seeing is unrelated to any app or keyboard. When my phone is in serious-lag mode, the problem occurs across the board. When it's not in lag-mode (which it usually isn't), then there's no lag in any app, including Hangouts.

No, the problem I'm seeing is unrelated to any app or keyboard. When my phone is in serious-lag mode, the problem occurs across the board. When it's not in lag-mode (which it usually isn't), then there's no lag in any app, including Hangouts.
Hmmm.....interesting....I use the app os monitor to show which processes are running at high cpu %. Perhaps that can shed some light on your lag issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you provide a list?

You'll have to boot to safe mode to see if the issue persists. Also, make sure power saving mode isn't on (I've left it on before).