Anyone just using screen protectors and no case?

Search This thread
Sep 22, 2020
Just can't find a front and rear case that I'm 100% with. They are mainly to Bulky or to flimsy.

Ao at present I'm using front, rear and hinge 'screen protectorso
Think I might be being foolish though. Guarantee I drop it now!

hazem77

Apr 17, 2005
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Same here actually. I have the Armid case from Samsung but I usually prefer phone naked so it is the same with Fold 2. I didn't remove yet the inner screen protector but planning to.

carlitos66

Dec 19, 2010
I was using the phone without any protective case because like you said, none of them fits 100% to my liking, and guess what happened. I have dropped the phone from 2 feet and cracked the edge of the front screen. I couldn't sleep for 2 days how upset I was, but fortunately my local Samsung care center replaced the screen right away for roughly $150.00, but they installed new front screen that has absolutely no factory screen protection, so I am using the phone naked outside. Yesterday my Ringke case arrived so I put it on immediately, just in case but it's not perfect. But I will have to live with it. I am receiving Samsung Aramid case tomorrow, so I will see which one I will keep on the phone.

D.J.ChriZZ

Oct 29, 2019
I don't know if this idea is good to remove the inner display protector. I don't do this. for what ? perhaps scratches in the inner display ? not for me :)
has anybody removed the outer display protection ? I think this is not a big problem cause gorilla glass victus is here.

njan_ivide

Dec 9, 2008
I don't know if this idea is good to remove the inner display protector. I don't do this. for what ? perhaps scratches in the inner display ? not for me :)
has anybody removed the outer display protection ? I think this is not a big problem cause gorilla glass victus is here.
It doesn't matter what sort of glass it is, if you look at the right hand side corners the glass is bulged out so any impact there will 100% shatter it. I had/ have a note 20 ultra with a broken screen, still under repair (for more than a month now) so don't completely trust the victus branding.. glass is glass and glass breaks :crying:

Martin5000

Oct 30, 2008
Ballerup
I removed the inner screen protector as I didn't like the feeling of it. It was also very difficult to keep clean of fingerprints and smudges and I was unable to see past that.
Now, the screens looks and feels ALOT better, but I've noticed some small scratches on the screen. They appear to come from my left thumb nail while scrolling. Even though I keep my nails fairly short. The scratches are only visible when the screen is off an from the right angle. I can't feel them, but they can be wiped away.
There aren't enough bad scratches to bother me yet and I don't regret removing the protector... but I thought you should know.
If the scratches get bad, I'll get a screen replacement and maybe consider a protector... but I'll only keep the phone for a year, so it'll probably be naked again even after a replacement ??

Dr8ven

Nov 21, 2018
I went naked as well for tha same reason I couldn't find a good case...stock screen protector inside and out!

krabman

Sep 22, 2008
No protectors inside or out, no case, pure naked. It's a joy to run this way but one little drop later I could be weeping like a schoolgirl with a skinned knee. That window ends in about a week as I finally found a case as premium as the phone and I'll be in a wallet soon.

D.J.ChriZZ

Oct 29, 2019
Fit good for the first test. Arrived today from china ...

Attachments

• 20201106_173028.jpg
    20201106_173028.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 471
  • 20201106_173042.jpg
    20201106_173042.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 470

atvxda

Apr 3, 2008
Boston
I'm not prone to dropping my phones or having butter fingers, however I don't want to chance it. So far I have purchased a Whitestone dome for the front (have not installed it yet), Samsung's aramid and leather cover (still waiting on my leather cover to arrive). The last phone I rocked without a case was my HD2? That thing is a tank!

Last edited:

hazem77

Apr 17, 2005
Abu Dhabi, UAE
My simple experience after around 2 months of use. I finally got the courage few days back to remove the inner screen. Knowing I prefer always my phone without a case and a protector.
The inner screen , without a doubt is way clearer and less smudgy without one and it is perfect.
Anyways, I have already bought 2 orotectors, both are somehow the sam price, however, one turned out to be excellent and as good as without protector and one is more smudgy than the original.
My recommendation for ones who doesn't want to keep inner screen without protection is to get the good one, you get the best of both words, clarity and protection.
I have the samsung aramid case since day one but I never used to be honest, only the first few days...
The good protector and the bad one in sequence:

https://www.amazon.ae/ccessory-Scre...+&sr=1-1-82924ca5-d5c8-45d1-a40c-360835499ae5

https://www.amazon.ae/FanTing-Samsu...+&sr=1-2-82924ca5-d5c8-45d1-a40c-360835499ae5

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

I forgot to mention both came in a typical outside packaging to my surprise... I thought they are bluffing actually

pho35

Dec 4, 2020
I used matte black outside screen protector and Orzero inner screen protector which is night and day comparing to the stock plastic feel one. For case, I went with Spigen Slim case works well because I dropped the phone once and some minor scratches on the edges.

PipoXtreme

Nov 4, 2010
Zürich
I just removed the inner (original) screen protector and installed matt hydropel screen protector. The original one is really just badly ;). I like the matt taste now on the inner screen and of course no fingerprints anymore...

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I went ahead a few days ago and removed the inner and outer screen protectors. The inner was getting nastier looking with smudges plus I signed up for Samsung Care+ so if anything happens to the screen I only pay like $29 for a replacement.