Anyone know how to port the Pixel 5 TWRP to 4a5g?

Search This thread

rspkt

Nov 24, 2012
Someone came out with TWRP for the 5 here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...mwin-recovery-project-redfin-testing.4240711/

I tried booting it on the 5g, and it loaded but touch controls not working and adb not working;. The phones share kernels. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard to adapt it to the 5g. Would be amazing!
I imagine this will be ported to our device once the P5 version is working properly. It's still in "testing" according to @bigbiff. I'd just be patient for that since he's been working on it since I had my Pixel 3 XL. Lots of hurdles to overcome unfortunately.

Homeboy76

Aug 24, 2012

v.garne

Dec 17, 2020
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Someone came out with TWRP for the 5 here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...mwin-recovery-project-redfin-testing.4240711/

I tried booting it on the 5g, and it loaded but touch controls not working and adb not working;. The phones share kernels. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard to adapt it to the 5g. Would be amazing!

-Try a GSI 10(Q) in activeslot=a
-reboot-bootloader
-./fastboot --set-active=b
-reboot-bootloader
-./fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.img
-reboot-bootloader
-./fastboot -w boot xxx.img

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011
-reboot-bootloader
-reboot-bootloader
-reboot-bootloader

welcome to the forum, i notice this is your first post.

what does gsi 10q mean? I know what active slot means

what does flash disable verity and disable verifaction do? also, what is vbmeta and where do I get vbmeta.img?

one the last command, what does the -w do? I know I usually delete all -w as they indicate a data wipe.

for what it's worth, my normal android runs on slot b, don't know if that makes a difference for these specific steps.

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011
I imagine this will be ported to our device once the P5 version is working properly. It's still in "testing" according to @bigbiff. I'd just be patient for that since he's been working on it since I had my Pixel 3 XL. Lots of hurdles to overcome unfortunately.

Sounds like it's already able to make backups on the P5, which is the main function I'm interested in, even if can't decrypt /system yet.

I'd like to help him as much as possible. I posted on his thread and he said he needs dmesg to see what's not working. Any idea how to provide that?

v.garne

Dec 17, 2020
Google Pixel 4a 5G

what does flash disable verity and disable verifaction do? also, what is vbmeta and where do I get vbmeta.img?

one the last command, what does the -w do? I know I usually delete all -w as they indicate a data wipe.

for what it's worth, my normal android runs on slot b, don't know if that makes a difference for these specific steps.

for what it's worth, my normal https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list runs on slot b, don't know if that makes a difference for these specific steps.
Generic system image,

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011
I was able to get touchscreen working in TWRP by flashing it to the boot partition, then booting the proton kernel installer (which flashes the proton kernel to the boot partition). no ADB though. Can't get the dev a dmesg/catlog, unless someone knows how to get one without ADB from inside TWRP.

Master Cylinder

Oct 31, 2013
Albuquerque
-reboot-bootloader
-reboot-bootloader
-reboot-bootloader
Is there a GSI 10(Q) available for redfin or bramble? I can't find any.
I was able to get touchscreen working in TWRP by flashing it to the boot partition, then booting the proton kernel installer (which flashes the proton kernel to the boot partition). no ADB though. Can't get the dev a dmesg/catlog, unless someone knows how to get one without ADB from inside TWRP.
I could not mount /data or /storage so I couldn't make a backup.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone