• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Anyone managed to root lg k51?

Search This thread
Since its unlocked now, when will it be possible to flash TWRP and/or install LineageOS?

I tried so myself, but the signature enforcement (forgot the exact name) is still enabled and wouldn't let me. I can still get into fastboot though, but there's no bootloader, so it has to be done from a computer with adb.
So far on the k51 there is no twrp that I know of, but there is the ability to flash an android 11 gsi, {Mod edit}

Last edited by a moderator:
So far on the k51 there is no twrp that I know of, but there is the ability to flash an android 11 gsi, {Mod edit}
@Warlockguitarman I've edited your post above and deleted other of your posts throughout different threads, which you posted lately.

As an exemption from the last bullet of rule no. 5 of the XDA Forum Rules, we grant only developers the privilege to share references to their social media in their own development threads. These conditions obviously don't apply to your posts, you or this thread. For this reason the reference to your social media has been removed. Please refrain from sharing of social media in future. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

@Warlockguitarman I've edited your post above and deleted other of your posts throughout different threads, which you posted lately.

As an exemption from the last bullet of rule no. 5 of the XDA Forum Rules, we grant only developers the privilege to share references to their social media in their own development threads. These conditions obviously don't apply to your posts, you or this thread. For this reason the reference to your social media has been removed. Please refrain from sharing of social media in future. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator
I apologize for that, I will be following rules and regulations and applying for developer status than you for being patient with me.

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke
I apologize for that, I will be following rules and regulations and applying for developer status than you for being patient with me.
Thanks very much for your reply. I'm going to respond to your PM as soon as possible.
Regards
Oswald Boelcke

I did, it works for the stylo 6 and k51 and k61 and nearly every single mediatek device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    K51 UNLOCK NOW AVAILABLE WITH MTKCLIENT
    Ive been learning from xda for some time now. Bricked a few phones in my learning curve and tonight i had my first success with my g7, and wrighting this on my new k51. This is my first post and I think that was pretty rude of you to say. This is supposed to be a place to learn, share knowledge, and help those who are less educated. Not look down on people and say crap like that. If he wants to learn even if it takes a couple bricked phones to do it, let him. Either give him the proper procedures or dont say nothing at all. How long did it take you? How many phones? Its taking me quit a while but i am finaly getting somewhere. Keep with it guy. Dont let this dude, or any one else for that matter, bring you down.
    Absolutely no of the crap above works at all in any capacity especially sprint. Generic postings like hold volume down and power also doesn't work to go into fastboot so if you guys are following the advice of some of these guys don't because you'll drop more money on a new phone then you will unlocking it some variants verizon is one I think you have to call LG I know I spent 6 hrs on the phone with "tech support" aka "jokes with a screen to read from" to FINALLY get into touch with an engineer who told me the only way "NOW" to unlocked the bootloader is in his office which means it has to be depot to be unlocked which as of this moment lg is not doing that WILL change in the future that was 12/03/2020. Even running external adb with kali linux to hack it broke the bootloader and sends you into an infinite reboot loop
    Oh my. You know you need to do all this from a computer, right? Can't do it in an Android terminal because fastboot commands are only valid in a phone's bootloader environment. And if you didnt know that then rooting and all of the dangers that come with it just isnt for you. But yes, it's rootable. So here you go anyway.

Reboot the phone to download mode.

Install LG's K51 usb drivers, and install adb and fastboot, on your computer.

Open a command prompt and type: fastboot oem unlock

If it does anything other than pat you on the back and tell you it's proud of you and how well you follow instructions, then go back and follow the effing instructions.

Otherwise, type: fastboot reboot.

Download magisk manager.

Do the magisk manager.

Use the LG flash tool on your computer to flash what you just did when you did the magisk manager.

And presto, you're rooted. Or I successfully left out enough info and you dont know how to use Google, leaving your device still not rooted. And thank god for that.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator