anyone running android P beta?

Search This thread

liver20

Dec 24, 2012
Charge fast or still 2 hours

Enviado desde mi Pixel 2 XL mediante Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Charge fast or still 2 hours??

Enviado desde mi Pixel 2 XL mediante Tapatalk

Devhux

Mar 1, 2008
I didnt do anything, it worked 'out of the box'.

There is nothing in the release notes to indicate SafetyNet is broken (or not working) as there has been in past DP builds/betas.
Is your bootloader unlocked?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

pimpmaneaton

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2010
West Jordan UT
Been running it since yesterday and running pretty dang smooth for an early alpha. Have seen a few graphical glitches here and there but nothing to major. Using systemuu tuner from play store to hide some icons leaves a gap but new status bar they are working on I guess that's a minor bug. Samsung Galaxy gear app fc when trying to pair to my s3 frontier so it is useless as of right now, have submitted a bug report for it. But all in all, smooth.

If you have not already I recommend signing the change.org petition that Android authority setup to see if we get get Google to add back Sony's oms commits and support themes again.

dobbs3x

Dec 25, 2010
Eugene, OR
Been running it since yesterday and running pretty dang smooth for an early alpha. Have seen a few graphical glitches here and there but nothing to major. Using systemuu tuner from play store to hide some icons leaves a gap but new status bar they are working on I guess that's a minor bug. Samsung Galaxy gear app fc when trying to pair to my s3 frontier so it is useless as of right now, have submitted a bug report for it. But all in all, smooth.

If you have not already I recommend signing the change.org petition that Android authority setup to see if we get get Google to add back Sony's oms commits and support themes again.
Pretty sure they don't want theme support in their developer previews. They want to work on getting the base code working. They probably will add theme support later on as long as licensing with so you is still negotiated.

poor2rican1

Jan 1, 2011
Orlando
can any tell me how i can flash this on my verizon version with locked bootloader? I read you can and yet i have not been able to. i keep getting error 21 :wrong footer or something of the sort. Ive googled this and I have tried all the possible fix's still nothing. any help?

Badger50

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2011
Kansas City
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
can any tell me how i can flash this on my verizon version with locked bootloader? I read you can and yet i have not been able to. i keep getting error 21 :wrong footer or something of the sort. Ive googled this and I have tried all the possible fix's still nothing. any help?

You can side load it through stock recovery with adb. However, you can't go back, or move forward until the betas come out. It's your call, but I wouldn't.

Reactions: poor2rican1

poor2rican1

Jan 1, 2011
Orlando
You can side load it through stock recovery with adb. However, you can't go back, or move forward until the betas come out. It's your call, but I wouldn't.

well thats my thing ive been sodeloading it and i get the error i stated above. ive tried using usb 2.0, different cables, and several downloads. Still nada! maybe a link to some steps to this particular issue anyone?

dobbs3x

Dec 25, 2010
Eugene, OR
well thats my thing ive been sodeloading it and i get the error i stated above. ive tried using usb 2.0, different cables, and several downloads. Still nada! maybe a link to some steps to this particular issue anyone?
Intructions are on the Google developer site where you download the OTA from, make sure you download load the correct one for your device i.e. XL or non XL

poor2rican1

Jan 1, 2011
Orlando
Intructions are on the Google developer site where you download the OTA from, make sure you download load the correct one for your device i.e. XL or non XL

I surely am and have performed this step by step many a times. Some reason this is not working this time around. The error I get in recovery is (error 21 - wrong footer. )
So I'm just looking to see if anyone has encountered this or heard of and can help with some tips or ideas

t3knokon

Sep 30, 2010
Pretty sure they don't want theme support in their developer previews. They want to work on getting the base code working. They probably will add theme support later on as long as licensing with so you is still negotiated.

It's like you didn't really read the message you quoted. :confused:

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
Anyone having issues with okay Google or active edge turning on the screen? When I press power I can see Google Assistant activated.

doctorew

Mar 30, 2015
ATL
I installed the Developer's Preview 2 today. So far, the only real issue I've noted is a panic attack from Google Photos. I'm sure there's other oddities, but it seems to be running well for the few hours I've had it installed.

Panic attack like the app freaked out? Or you thought you lost your pix?

Is magisk working on this dp?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone