anyone running android P beta?

Search This thread

techlogik

Aug 23, 2006
It's not ready for prime time and daily use IMO. I run Nova. Along with many other apps, you will be getting Toast messages due to the libraries etc not all being updated by the app vendors yet. Among other annoyances at times. Will wait for better App support and no messages/app closes on the Beta before I go back. Not sure how long it will take the devs to update apps to support P entirely.

But if you want to check it out and see what is coming, it is worth the effort. I played with it for maybe 2 days, but got tired of the toast messages/errors with my daily stuff I need. So just went back to Nitrogen/root/flash kernel for my daily.

myk.robinson

Jan 15, 2011
www.wheremothandrustdestroy.com
Panic attack like the app freaked out? Or you thought you lost your pix?

Is magisk working on this dp?

Thanks!
Google Photos flickers , blacks out, and is unusable. My photos are secure, they all still show up just fine on the Google Photos website.

I have Magisk 16.4 installed on the stock kernel. It's working but feels it's not quite ready. It force closes from time to time, and sometimes forgets what I set to hide.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Probably going to clean flash the May security release when I get home, or perhaps at the office tomorrow.

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
Have had two apps that worked in Oreo not work at all in P.... PowerAmp causes a reboot (looks like just a UI reboot as it only takes a second), MX Player just crashes back straight away. Apart from these two apps it's been pretty flawless for the last 6hrs...

One thing I can't work out is how to get to the Easter Egg... you can't constantly press on the version information as it pops up in a separate dialog box
I'm running PowerAmp and MX Player with no issues. How did you install P?

TheSt33v

Jun 12, 2014
The Stupid Country
I only had it very briefly because I found that after the initial PIN entry after the first restart, it would not let me swipe up to enter a PIN on the lockscreen. It tried, but no longer how quickly I swiped up, the number pad would never stick.

RickGrimes411

Jul 11, 2014
I registered for the beta and took the OTA. I had the april update on a google play version. Not unlocked or rooted, 100% stock. I dont know what happened, it booted and brought up the Android Beta message but it kept doing little quick restarts or something every few seconds. I couldnt even hit OK on the beta message or enter my pin. It was like a boot loop but a post boot boot loop. Not sure what to call it. I did manage to get the power menu up and restarted into recovery and factory reset. That fixed it. Gotta reinstall everything but it is working now. Just thought i would share in case anyone else ran into it.

fiffan86

Dec 2, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's not ready for prime time and daily use IMO. I run Nova. Along with many other apps, you will be getting Toast messages due to the libraries etc not all being updated by the app vendors yet. Among other annoyances at times. Will wait for better App support and no messages/app closes on the Beta before I go back. Not sure how long it will take the devs to update apps to support P entirely.

But if you want to check it out and see what is coming, it is worth the effort. I played with it for maybe 2 days, but got tired of the toast messages/errors with my daily stuff I need. So just went back to Nitrogen/root/flash kernel for my daily.

How did you run the beta that dropped today for 2 days? I haven't seen one toast message about that. I've had a pretty much flawless experience with the current beta the last few hours.

misiokicio

Jul 4, 2010
Bathgate
Extremely smooth... But comin from dp1.. so no issues here, dp1 was already very smooth.. but beta seems to be more polished

dobbs3x

Dec 25, 2010
Eugene, OR
Really smooth so far my two gripes so far. Text prediction or auto correct feature just seems "janky" random letters are being typed more often causing me to delete and retype. And the keyboard seems to want to minimize often on it's own while I'm typing.

Other then those annoyances it's been pretty awesome. Battery seems better imho.

Madanzo

Dec 5, 2012
Lonehill, Johannesburg
Has anyone been able or gotten the ota to roll back? My banking app unfortunately doesn't work with P and keeps crashing. I use it daily so need to roll back asap.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts