Anyone seen the sense zero info?

Search This thread

punshkin

Jan 6, 2010
I'd love to see zero sense to give some new life to my behoved and now back in my hands g1

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

alex_camacho

Dec 8, 2010
Ive used this on my hero, and i have to say it runs quite nicely. I asked over in the hero forum if someone could try porting it to the g1 for a friend, but i was answered with "we don't support that device". I think it will run nicely because the reason its called Sense Zero is because its actually a bit lighter than the original sense. Ive noticed when i run Zero Hero as its called i have a lot more free space on my phone.
So hopefully someone can get their hands on this and port it.
If need be ill ask over on the Zero Hero forum permission to drop the latest Zero Hero here so you guys can have a look and tinker with it.

darius99

May 8, 2011
In Da Treez
Ive used this on my hero, and i have to say it runs quite nicely. I asked over in the hero forum if someone could try porting it to the g1 for a friend, but i was answered with "we don't support that device". I think it will run nicely because the reason its called Sense Zero is because its actually a bit lighter than the original sense. Ive noticed when i run Zero Hero as its called i have a lot more free space on my phone.
So hopefully someone can get their hands on this and port it.
If need be ill ask over on the Zero Hero forum permission to drop the latest Zero Hero here so you guys can have a look and tinker with it.

sounds good. hope the mods really check this out.:rolleyes:

alex_camacho

Dec 8, 2010
I actually got a reply form ,Dastin I think his name is, over on the Zero Hero thread he said he could probably port it over easily to the g1, but he doesn't have one to test on. So ask around to see if anyone is willing to sell him one on the cheap or better yet donate. The kid knows what he's doing give him a shout over on the Zero Hero thread in the Heroc forum. Thanks guys, keep up the good work.

alex_camacho

Dec 8, 2010
Hahaha e334 already ported this, its unbarably slow.... I wouldn't even recommend putting the effort into it :/

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk
oh damn, really! Could you maybe give a link, cause I haven't seen it anywhere. And are you sure its the new zero sense and not Sense 3.0, cause the zero sense or sense 3.5 was made for some new low-end devices,and it supposed to be easier to handle on devices with less ram. It runs smooth on my HTC hero for example.

J

jianC

HTC Hero has 288 MB of ram vs 198 MB of ram on G1.. I ported sense 3.5 (a.k.a. sense zero) from here hero forum here but it is horridly slow so I never posted it. I did post a few screenshots of it (see 5th page) but its near impossible to get it running decently on the G1.. hey it is 4 years old device...

I have managed to get sense 2.1 running decently on 32B devices with a half-compatible aosp kernel but i'm working on porting 2.6.35.10 32A cha-cha kernel by sebastianFM to 32b so it will have proper camera and graphics drivers so look out for that :)

alex_camacho

Dec 8, 2010
HTC Hero has 288 MB of ram vs 198 MB of ram on G1.. I ported sense 3.5 (a.k.a. sense zero) from here hero forum here but it is horridly slow so I never posted it. I did post a few screenshots of it (see 5th page) but its near impossible to get it running decently on the G1.. hey it is 4 years old device...

I have managed to get sense 2.1 running decently on 32B devices with a half-compatible aosp kernel but i'm working on porting 2.6.35.10 32A cha-cha kernel by sebastianFM to 32b so it will have proper camera and graphics drivers so look out for that :)

Good stuff man, thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on this. I may be getting a g1 soon just for the fun. My friend is getting a Sidekick 4g so she is going to give me her's.

J

jianC

Would anyone be willing to sacrifice camera for more memory? although it would be nice to have camera..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Like i said, its the gingerbread sense ROM and NOT the pico ROM. But you can propably just use the libs from GB Sense that i will release in some days so bluetooth will work on pico ROM if someone can port it. I'm too lazy to do that now.

@jcarrz1: Yeah, it's a Sense ROM xD

Wanna see pictures of it turned on? :D