Question Anyone seen the trade-in kit?

Search This thread

adrman

Jul 17, 2012
NYC
Exactly what the title says. I've got two orders, one from 7/22 and one from 7/26. Both show the trade-in kit as "not shipped", "pending". Yesterday I contacted Google support and supposedly they shipped two new kits because I should have had the original ones by now, but I haven't received any shipment emails on those either. Just curious if others were experiencing the same.

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Not yet, though they said mine shipped and said 7 business days after receiving the device. I would expect them soon.

Reactions: adrman

Zaxx32

Mar 23, 2019
Morgantown
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G7
Mine came yesterday. Sending my 4a back tomorrow.

fwiw, I gotta say, that's one hell of a deal! If I count the Pixel Buds A at their retail price of $100 then I'm out only $50 for a BIG step up vs. the 735G chipset plus it fixes my main grump about the 4a being just a lil' too small. I was lookin' at used (open box) Pixel 5s mostly for the 6" 'perfect' screen size, imo, right before this deal popped. Hell...6.1", close enuff!

piperx

I already sent mine out on Monday 😃

It was my Pixel 3A.

I made a video of it working then rebooted it, then clean flashed it and then packaged it up and sent it out

I made the video just in case Google says anything wrong about it or anything. It's a pristine condition and I should get my $300.

There's not one scratch on it barely used as I am disabled, don't use a phone much. Always make a video of whatever you're doing with any phone

Reactions: Lada333

jawiler

May 7, 2010
Kit came on Thursday and I shipped it back, it's supposed to arrive there on Monday

nextohel

Dec 24, 2009
Chicago Area
Received my kit last Monday and mailed it back the same day. Google still hasn't received it. It is now two days late.

Last edited:

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
Can someone post a picture or two what the kit and return form looks like? Since mine says delivered and I never got it, I'm about ready to just pay to mail it back myself. Just want to be sure I get the paperwork/return address right.

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Can someone post a picture or two what the kit and return form looks like? Since mine says delivered and I never got it, I'm about ready to just pay to mail it back myself. Just want to be sure I get the paperwork/return address right.
Its a small box, just slightly bigger than the one the phone comes in. Maybe 10x5x1" or so. All white with a address label with a barcode on it, and feels empty as there is only paper in it.

ritchea

Sep 6, 2011
okeechobee
Google Pixel 6a
3a trade-in box.jpg
Mail to: RECEIVING MANAGER-DOCK 25
601 MASON RD STE 180; LA VERNE TN 37086-9917. There is more data re trade-in (invoice & item numbers plus Trade Date) on the return label.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3a trade-in box.jpg
    Mail to: RECEIVING MANAGER-DOCK 25
    601 MASON RD STE 180; LA VERNE TN 37086-9917. There is more data re trade-in (invoice & item numbers plus Trade Date) on the return label.
    Received my return kit beginning of last week. Sent the phone out last Weds. Once it was in the USPS system it had an estimated date of delivery of Saturday 8/6. What I have showing currently is "
    August 8, 2022, 5:53 am
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    NASHVILLE TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
    Your item departed our USPS facility in NASHVILLE TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX on August 8, 2022 at 5:53 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."
    From reading the other posts I'm getting concerned that this is not going to end well. Looks like Google's subcontractor is not prepared to receive and process the number of tradeins they are receiving and that many will just disappear into the system or be mis-handled.
    What recourse does one have if either the USPS loses the return or Google claims they never received it?
    Not yet, though they said mine shipped and said 7 business days after receiving the device. I would expect them soon.
    Ahh, sorry....I have 2 as both my wife and I are trading our phones in.
    Ahh sorry back. It was @adrman I meant to quote. He reordered the kits and will have 2 coming for one device. I had that problem before and It took many calls for them to find the return.
    If I'd have known it'd take an extra week, I'd have used their labels over the old ones of the box it came in...ofc not everyone's budget gets stretched too far cuz of a $450+ hold tying up their cash flow or 'cash dribble' at times... :rolleyes:
    I know what you mean. I had to delay payments on my 2nd Tesla because of this...