Anyone still using this phone?

Search This thread

st1ll1n1t

Mar 5, 2021
I recently purchased this phone for $20 on ebay. It's in pristine condition, not a scratch on it. My reasoning for purchashing it is I wanted an older phone that was easily rootable for music and other stuff. Finally got linage OS installed on it, and I am very impressed. I was worried about the battery but it seems fine. Thinking about getting an sim card adapter and trying it out as my daily. It's a breathe of fresh air compared to the unrootable bloat-infested carrier-branded phone I am currently using.

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
I recently purchased this phone for $20 on ebay. It's in pristine condition, not a scratch on it. My reasoning for purchashing it is I wanted an older phone that was easily rootable for music and other stuff. Finally got linage OS installed on it, and I am very impressed. I was worried about the battery but it seems fine. Thinking about getting an sim card adapter and trying it out as my daily. It's a breathe of fresh air compared to the unrootable bloat-infested carrier-branded phone I am currently using.

As of Jan 1 2021 AT&T requires VoLTE enabled phones. This phone never had VoLTE so your sim would be deactivated by AT&T. You could try a sim from another carrier but Verizon would probably not activate either. I'm not sure about Sprint (T-Mobil). I use this phone as a learning tool for building roms.

st1ll1n1t

Mar 5, 2021
As of Jan 1 2021 AT&T requires VoLTE enabled phones. This phone never had VoLTE so your sim would be deactivated by AT&T. You could try a sim from another carrier but Verizon would probably not activate either. I'm not sure about Sprint (T-Mobil). I use this phone as a learning tool for building roms.

Ahh that's a shame. They will always find a way to force us to upgrade won't they? Guess I will have to find a newer phone that is compatible with lineage because I cannot go back to dealing with stock. I'll keep this little guy as a media device.

dust_off

Dec 23, 2016
Toronto
Ahh that's a shame. They will always find a way to force us to upgrade won't they? Guess I will have to find a newer phone that is compatible with lineage because I cannot go back to dealing with stock. I'll keep this little guy as a media device.
Isn't it true that Atrix HD won't work in USA on AT&T network with VoLTE? I am from Canada and mine works ok here... I use custom rom (updated Android 7.1) and no issues in Canada. Any other US network can do?

dust_off

Dec 23, 2016
Toronto
I use it as a car dash cam: its pretty good. Ebay had even the nice car mounts on sale for these Atrix HDs

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
Isn't it true that Atrix HD won't work in USA on AT&T network with VoLTE? I am from Canada and mine works ok here... I use custom rom (updated Android 7.1) and no issues in Canada. Any other US network can do?
According to Kb8no over on the Moto X Pure thread if you do not hve VoLTE AT&T will disable you sim and you have to call them to enable it again.
BTW I successfully compiled CRDroid the the AtrixHD. If anyone is interested I will start a new thread and upload it.

dust_off

Dec 23, 2016
Toronto
According to Kb8no over on the Moto X Pure thread if you do not hve VoLTE AT&T will disable you sim and you have to call them to enable it again.
BTW I successfully compiled CRDroid the the AtrixHD. If anyone is interested I will start a new thread and upload it.
Yes that will be great thank you! BTW, I have few older ROMS for Atrix HD on my computer - CyanogenMod Android 5.1.1, Bliss roms Android 6.0.1 and Chinese rom (Suda Mod) android 6.0.1 that were started by someone but not continued.. They aren't that stable (most stable is Android 5.1.1) but less and less apps compatible with Lollipop now. Where can I upload them?

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
Yes that will be great thank you! BTW, I have few older ROMS for Atrix HD on my computer - CyanogenMod Android 5.1.1, Bliss roms Android 6.0.1 and Chinese rom (Suda Mod) android 6.0.1 that were started by someone but not continued.. They aren't that stable (most stable is Android 5.1.1) but less and less apps compatible with Lollipop now. Where can I upload them?
This CRDroid is based on Lineage14.1 and has many but not all of the new secuurity updated included. It's still dated 2018 because CRDroid stopped including the patches in their source code. Once I figure out how to merge the patches it will be totally up to date. It runs smooth without gapps and is pre rooted.
Screenshot_20210324-124938.png

Last edited:

dust_off

Dec 23, 2016
Toronto
This CRDroid is based on Lineage14.1 and has many but not all of the new secuurity updated included. It's still dated 2018 because CRDroid stopped including the patches in their source code. Once I figure out how to merge the patches it will be totally up to date. It runs smooth without gapps and is pre rooted.View attachment 5258793Hi Wheels564, how are you? Did you make that ROM-CRDROID for Moto Atrix HD? Thanks

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
I'll upload it when I get a chance for you to try.

Edit: Since it's a new rom I have to make a new Thread dedicated to the rom with all the information.
Edit no. 2: I'll build a new one with April updates and send you a personal link until I get the thread up.

Last edited: