Question Anyone succeed on overclock gpu using Konabess on Poco F3?

Search This thread

CrazyRoux

Jul 6, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
I see somebody manage to overclock to 683mhz. I try it and it work. I use rickpad config and change it to 683mhz and upgrade volt table by 1 step (from 512mhz until 683mhz).

Last edited:

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
For anyone on Hentai OS,
This should let you do 900mhz. Dont try on any other rom, you wont be able to boot. Always backup vendor boot to flash with twrp if something goes wrong.
Wtf really?

Anyone confirm this ?

This doesn't look like it's for 870

Edit: Does look like the frequencies go into 870 table, and the voltage is there at turbo 1 . I'd try it right away on arrow but I don't have twrp installed atm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210826-005742.png
    Screenshot_20210826-005742.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

samantas5855

Jan 26, 2017
Wtf really?

Anyone confirm this ?

This doesn't look like it's for 870

Edit: Does look like the frequencies go into 870 table, and the voltage is there at turbo 1 . I'd try it right away on arrow but I don't have twrp installed atm
I literally said hentai os only, it WONT work on Arrow, I tried it myself and can confirm. Hentai uses a different device tree to every other rom that isnt foss

m0lly.

Jul 23, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
Why the hell I try konabess I get artifact's. Btw 900mhz sounds too good to be true send some shots.
What he said ... Artifacts are normal occurrence when the frequency is starved for power , If it artifacts bump up the voltage and hope it doesn't artifact anymore...

Blue screen above should be artifacting as well. I've seen some really weird shiit whike trying to undervolt like it boots works well but when you scroll or something like that which pushes lower frequencies more than just idling at home screen I had my display implode with various kinds of weird shiit.

You can't really kill it with voltage I think , I used turbo l1 on 680+ mhz for a bit ( You shouldn't need this high any time unless you are 900mhz and even then idk if it's necessary , then I went back to Nom1 all works well.

You should have made BACKUPS before doing any of this... If it doesn't go back after restoring stock settings manually then maybe go flash miui and see if it'll be restored =/

I don't wanna share my boot-vendor as idk what's inside or if it'll even work on your phone. I'll send you stock config though that you can import into konabess then flash.

Attachments

• Original.txt
    847 bytes · Views: 101

K-scorpion

Sep 19, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
What he said ... Artifacts are normal occurrence when the frequency is starved for power , If it artifacts bump up the voltage and hope it doesn't artifact anymore...

Blue screen above should be artifacting as well. I've seen some really weird shiit whike trying to undervolt like it boots works well but when you scroll or something like that which pushes lower frequencies more than just idling at home screen I had my display implode with various kinds of weird shiit.

You can't really kill it with voltage I think , I used turbo l1 on 680+ mhz for a bit ( You shouldn't need this high any time unless you are 900mhz and even then idk if it's necessary , then I went back to Nom1 all works well.

You should have made BACKUPS before doing any of this... If it doesn't go back after restoring stock settings manually then maybe go flash miui and see if it'll be restored =/

I don't wanna share my boot-vendor as idk what's inside or if it'll even work on your phone. I'll send you stock config though that you can import into konabess then flash.
yep youre right its kinda weird glitchy because of the voltage but sometimes it just doesnt go above a certain freq

Angyone1

Sep 6, 2018
Brescia
hello guys, what is the advantage of overclocking the gpu or cpu on a phone? this is really too much for me lol ... can you really gain even 3 fps? besides, most of the games seem to me to be locked at 30 or 60 fps ... sorry for the noob question ...

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
hello guys, what is the advantage of overclocking the gpu or cpu on a phone? this is really too much for me lol ... can you really gain even 3 fps? besides, most of the games seem to me to be locked at 30 or 60 fps ... sorry for the noob question ...
You gain a bit of fps right but I also feel like phone is faster overall...

I gained like 5℅ increase in benchmark from going 670mhz to 680+ ...

Hitting that 900mhz would be insane increase of performance...

As for games well it's a bit complicated... More and more games are actually moving towards higher refresh rate but many can also be modified to allow for fps unlock...

Mobile legends , league wild rift , genshin impact ( lmao ) is what comes to mind rn...

Even pubg you can unlock fps even if devs don't support device so yeah ...

There's apps like gl tools - https://gltools.app/

Although idk about that one... It's closed source and from my testing doesn't really seem to be doing much other than breaking games if you mess with shaders .-. Fps monitor doesn't work and I haven't found a single game that can be fps unlocked by it , but there are quite a few videos on yt showcasing games that it can unlock ...

samantas5855

Jan 26, 2017
I dont think overclocking the cpu is possible. For gpu going from 670 to 940 gives a huge boost to everything gpu limited. Have you never overclocked the GPU on your pc? Games use the gpu to draw stuff on the framebuffer so if you dont hit full fps on a game oc will get you there or at least closer. I only play on emulators cause mobile games are hot garbage. ****ra for example only has an OpenGL ES renderer and this api isnt very fast due to bad drivers and not being opengl so on a lower tier device oc can help you reach full speed (30/60 fps). Bare in mind that console games are mostly tied to the framerate so if you dont hit the target the game wont be just choppy but slower too.

Angyone1

Sep 6, 2018
Brescia
I dont think overclocking the cpu is possible. For gpu going from 670 to 940 gives a huge boost to everything gpu limited. Have you never overclocked the GPU on your pc? Games use the gpu to draw stuff on the framebuffer so if you dont hit full fps on a game oc will get you there or at least closer. I only play on emulators cause mobile games are hot garbage. ****ra for example only has an OpenGL ES renderer and this api isnt very fast due to bad drivers and not being opengl so on a lower tier device oc can help you reach full speed (30/60 fps). Bare in mind that console games are mostly tied to the framerate so if you dont hit the target the game wont be just choppy but slower too.
i understand what you say and i too have always overclocked on pc gpu with msi afterburner and i know that more than 3 or 4 fps I don't get them .. 10 fps in rare cases (i have a gtx 1650 super from msi)
but on a phone I honestly do not see the usefulness ... moreover the Poco F3 has a cpu and a gpu of the best on the market so the performance will certainly not increase drastically. to me yours is just a placebo effect. but maybe i should try and see with my own eyes but i don't want to burn the phone which is already very hot ... lol

samantas5855

Jan 26, 2017
i understand what you say and i too have always overclocked on pc gpu with msi afterburner and i know that more than 3 or 4 fps I don't get them .. 10 fps in rare cases (i have a gtx 1650 super from msi)
but on a phone I honestly do not see the usefulness ... moreover the Poco F3 has a cpu and a gpu of the best on the market so the performance will certainly not increase drastically. to me yours is just a placebo effect. but maybe i should try and see with my own eyes but i don't want to burn the phone which is already very hot ... lol
How is it a placebo, I havent overclocked. GPU Utilization is always at 99% on emulators. The guy who overclocked had a huge improvement in 3d mark

Reactions: Skeuomorphic

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
You're not thinking rationally... 1650 overclocks by how much ? Few MHz at best above factory clocks.

Surely does not overclock by 50%

That's what we're talking about here , difference is immense when you put it that way. Almost double the GPU clocks.
You are jumping from mid tier to the flagship level performance.

There's always a more demanding task/ need for overclock , you are prolly using really lightweight apps / games so you don't even notice how much this cpu sucks...

Any more demanding game will eat this cpu up , it drops frames ever so often during high intensity scenes. In comparison iPhone devices 2 years old score twice as much as our phones in benchmarks and in games that I play offer MUCH better experience mainly because the FPS drops are not as severe...

Not even Snapdragon 888 can match apple silicon performance, that in itself should be enough of a reason to overclock ( Every single apple silicon also struggles to provide 100% stability without FPS drops despite being so much better , the only outlier is M1 iPad. That shet eats everything up including genshin impact )

Last edited:
Reactions: Skeuomorphic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT 3: Do NOT SKIP THIS WARNING

everyone has bootlooped on rickpads config, I recommend just sticking to mine. the difference is really small anyway.
    I will leave it up for any more sillicone lottery winners

Hey guys, i've been playing around with KonaBess for a couple of days now and have come up with some great results.

1. Don't bother with HentaiOs, you won't get sustained performance nor will you get very good fps overall in games such as genshin impact. It is nice having 940mhz GPU clocks for a smooth feeling but man does it sip a lot of extra juice (1690ma + powerdraw), and hentaios is already silky smoothe so it is honestly not an option for gamers.
    a) I did not play around with any extra settings as I kept running into bootloop problems with Hentai. Experiment at your own risk. You can try manipulate the lower clocks of the HentaiOS config to match @Rickpads config clocks, however i bootlooped and hentai is a pain in the ass to fix.

2. Using @Rickpads config (slightly tweaked to allow higher max frequency), I experienced perfection in all synthetic benchmarks & the lowest powerdraw. However, genshin running @ max60fps would crash (every other game etc was fine) so I decided to tweak his config slightly and I actually achieved much stabler FPS with only slightly (2-5ma on average) increased power draw. I also bumped his max frequency from 677 to 683 as it is supported and gave me a substantial boost on synthetic benchmarks (around 7%). I have attached my stable config and Rickpads tweaked max frequency config below.
    a) I suggest trying rickpads config first
    - if you experience any visual artifacts, go to my config if not, continue
    - run geekbench 5 vulcan & opengl, if you score below 3500 (im hitting 3650-3700) go to my config, if not, continue
    - Run genshin impact @ max settings 60fps, if you crash, go to my config, if not, congratulations you have great silicone!
    p.s if you don't actually want to run genshin impact @ max 60fps (probably the most demanding android game) but only @ medium settings, Rickpads config should be completely fine and offers slightly better powerdraw.

THE results: (genshin impact max settings 60fps) I will upload some side by side tests, but basically: 60-80ma less powerdraw compared to stock (4-6% improvement) and much stabler fps, rarely dipping below 56fps.
    of course running genshin @ medium settings yields even larger improvements in power draw and incredibly stable fps, never or very rarely dipping below 60.

EDIT: I would like to finish by saying, the phone feels a LOT cooler in hand and battery life improvements are noticeable. hope this helps anybody :)
    EDIT2: Forgot to add the config files

EDIT3: Here are some very very basic test results. I will run a full hour long testing session where I will map a path to take for a daily farming run on genshin over the next week to get more in-depth results but for now this will do.

Test: GENSHIN MAX SETTINGS 60FPS. 8:30mins exploring & battling random mobs in liue, minlin, Yashiori island. followed by floor level 4 chamber 1-3 spiral abyss (7mins). (spiral abyss is very very stable in both runs, only fps drops are seen when exploring dense areas and teleporting)

Stock run:
    pocof3 gpu stock test.png

Undervolt run:
    pocof3 gpu undervolt test.png

Findings: Feels noticeable smoother with undervolt. I believe this is due to 13% improvement in jank and 18% improvement in big jank performance. Powerdraw is somewhat lower but very marginal, will need a proper extended test. the 2c lower temps does feel significant in the hand. I should note I ran the undervolt tests cold and undervolt tests directly after stock performance tests and felt slightly cooler to the touch.

the 3 extra fps is noticeable in very polygon rich areas.

to summarise: Much better stability (15%) & slightly more FPS (3%) in graphically intensive games. With very slightly lower powerdraw.

ROM: Cassanova mimax, 60hz with increased touch sensitivity enabled. Game Booster disabled.
    Hey, i tried a'lot with Konabess and Poco F3.
    I couldn't go higher than 677 Mhz from stock 670 Mhz and it seems the problem is the frequency table in SD870 Kernel, another guy was succesful on very early miui 12.0.x kernel of a SD870 Device released before march 2021, he said that qualcom or xiaomi restricted the upper frequency tables.

But nvm, it would only be great for benchmark scores above 670+, after few minutes the max frequency decreases (heat, power draw)

managed to undervolt the stock frequencys by a huge amount -> results in much more stable max frequency (smoother gameplay) and greatly reduced temperatures / power usage = more SoT ^_^

the attached konabess config file works for me stable
    it could crash on another f3 cuz of silicon lottery

import config file in konabess apk
    repack kernel and restart (root required ofc)
    Thanks. Any rom will work or vice versa? Which rom you using this config?
    Works on all MIUI Roms and also on many Aosp, currently using the cfg on Pixel5 Beta4 (A12 Port) without any problems
    just HentaiOs didnt boot with the konabess mod, but u can backup dtbo.img in twrp and if your device not boot u can flash backup
    if a config undervolts too much, will it result in my phone bootlooping and me reflashing my rom?
    No you will have to flash only boot n vendor boot
    Hi guys. I just want to know if someone manage to overclock gpu using Konabess on Poco F3?