Question Anyone succeed on overclock gpu using Konabess on Poco F3?

Search This thread

Angyone1

Sep 6, 2018
Brescia
You're not thinking rationally... 1650 overclocks by how much ? Few MHz at best above factory clocks.

Surely does not overclock by 50%

That's what we're talking about here , difference is immense when you put it that way. Almost double the GPU clocks.
You are jumping from mid tier to the flagship level performance.

There's always a more demanding task/ need for overclock , you are prolly using really lightweight apps / games so you don't even notice how much this cpu sucks...

Any more demanding game will eat this cpu up , it drops frames ever so often during high intensity scenes. In comparison iPhone devices 2 years old score twice as much as our phones in benchmarks and in games that I play offer MUCH better experience mainly because the FPS drops are not as severe...

Not even Snapdragon 888 can match apple silicon performance, that in itself should be enough of a reason to overclock ( Every single apple silicon also struggles to provide 100% stability without FPS drops despite being so much better , the only outlier is M1 iPad. That shet eats everything up including genshin impact )
2015mhz without overvolt , by default Boost: 1740 MHz and base clock : 1530mhz
only 3 fps in cyberpunk and 5 on games like metro exodus etc etc...

you are sick lol! I keep playing on pc and with adequate cooling ... I don't throw away 400 euros of phone for whim ... lol a couple of months and your cpu-gpu will be completely burned, I would like to see your temperatures during the game ...

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
2015mhz without overvolt , by default Boost: 1740 MHz and base clock : 1530mhz
only 3 fps in cyberpunk and 5 on games like metro exodus etc etc...

you are sick lol! I keep playing on pc and with adequate cooling ... I don't throw away 400 euros of phone for whim ... lol a couple of months and your cpu-gpu will be completely burned, I would like to see your temperatures during the game ...
15% overclock ... And no it actually doesn't blow up your phone lmao.

Phone has built in thermal throttling regardless of what you set up - CPU and GPU play in tandem. And max heat on miui is 42C before severe throttling hits. One goes up , other goes down when there's no heat leaway which is ridiculous argument if you're gonna be bringing money into this...

Might as well buy Peltier cooler for 30$ then and keep the phone constantly below 20C while gaming or doing whatever... There's lots to choose from including completely inconspicuous ones that magnetically attach to phone...

Please...

Angyone1

Sep 6, 2018
Brescia
15% overclock ... And no it actually doesn't blow up your phone lmao.

Phone has built in thermal throttling regardless of what you set up - CPU and GPU play in tandem. And max heat on miui is 42C before severe throttling hits. One goes up , other goes down when there's no heat leaway which is ridiculous argument if you're gonna be bringing money into this...

Might as well buy Peltier cooler for 30$ then and keep the phone constantly below 20C while gaming or doing whatever... There's lots to choose from including completely inconspicuous ones that magnetically attach to phone...

Please...
you know overclock of gpu nvidia or amd ?? o_O only 15% seriously? is it impossible to obtain more of 2040 mhz witout overvolting and also with overvolting the gpu, you reached max 2075 mhz...

so if you don't havve an liquid nitrogen cooling you can't go beyond that frequency...
so how you can overclock the gpu of a phone at over the 50% withot have permanent damage ? I know that there is a safety system whereby if certain temperatures are reached he cuts everything, but my friend with those frequencies the temperature will rise immediately and the system will castrate everything precisely! so your overclock on the phone will only be useful in the first 2 minutes of play ... after 2 minutes it will be like not having it unless you put the phone in liquid nitrogen! lol
sorry my bad bad english... I hope you understanding

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
you know overclock of gpu nvidia or amd ?? o_O only 15% seriously? is it impossible to obtain more of 2040 mhz witout overvolting and also with overvolting the gpu, you reached max 2075 mhz...

so if you don't havve an liquid nitrogen cooling you can't go beyond that frequency...
so how you can overclock the gpu of a phone at over the 50% withot have permanent damage ? I know that there is a safety system whereby if certain temperatures are reached he cuts everything, but my friend with those frequencies the temperature will rise immediately and the system will castrate everything precisely! so your overclock on the phone will only be useful in the first 2 minutes of play ... after 2 minutes it will be like not having it unless you put the phone in liquid nitrogen! lol
sorry my bad bad english... I hope you understanding
There's article on Snapdragon 865 that you should check out... This has already been done and no the phone didn't sit in liquid nitrogen... https://min.news/en/tech/08bf147232edb5c7fe9a975174e128f4.html

Tldr. Phone consumed 7.68W before overclock , after overclock same consumption but higher clocks. How ? All the phones overclocked on same voltage step - nom 1. Stock 670mhz clock also uses nom 1 voltage so the chips are plenty powerful already it's just that Qualcomm is intentionally downclocking them for whatever reasons... Most likely to leave room for future "plus" series chips that basically are same thing just higher clocks that they intentionally left room for... Quite scummy , as it stands at the same power consumption the heat will remain the same as well...

Do research please ... I'm not gonna be replying anymore. You're arguing about some future overclock when it's not even known whether it's possible anymore or not... Rumour is that Qualcomm locked all 870 chips few months after pre orders so not everyone can oc

Angyone1

Sep 6, 2018
Brescia
Do research please ... I'm not gonna be replying anymore. You're arguing about some future overclock when it's not even known whether it's possible anymore or not...
what?? me ? it is you who are talking about overclocking on phone gpu not me lol! I don't want and never will overclock on a phone. this is my point! you are obsessed xD

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
what?? me ? it is you who are talking about overclocking on phone gpu not me lol! I don't want and never will overclock on a phone. this is my point! you are obsessed xD
You came on overclocking thread to tell me I'm obsessed about overclock? ha ok 🤡

Never overclocked , never heard about possible overclock and how it works yet you're here to tell us what should and shouldn't be done... Yikes dude.

I'm gonna mute you now , bbye 😹

Reactions: Skeuomorphic

tojdvd

Jan 5, 2013
i have eu rom 12.5.6 and TWRP, NO root,
any solution to do this without root?
Like someone pack everything into a zip or img file then i could flash it over twrp?
Thanks

Last edited:

DyingDeep777

Aug 20, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hey, i tried a'lot with Konabess and Poco F3.
I couldn't go higher than 677 Mhz from stock 670 Mhz and it seems the problem is the frequency table in SD870 Kernel, another guy was succesful on very early miui 12.0.x kernel of a SD870 Device released before march 2021, he said that qualcom or xiaomi restricted the upper frequency tables.

But nvm, it would only be great for benchmark scores above 670+, after few minutes the max frequency decreases (heat, power draw)

managed to undervolt the stock frequencys by a huge amount -> results in much more stable max frequency (smoother gameplay) and greatly reduced temperatures / power usage = more SoT ^_^

the attached konabess config file works for me stable
it could crash on another f3 cuz of silicon lottery

import config file in konabess apk
repack kernel and restart (root required ofc)

Idk why but when i tried to decrease the voltage to sys l2 (670mhz)and freq 620 voltage to sys l1,my device was stuck 8n a bootloops, but when I tried using your profile(which has both overclocking and undervolting to the same voltage level as mine) there were no bootloops and it was stable as stock. I wish to undervolting my GPU without overclocking but I couldn't. Any help is greatly appreciated

DrDrag0n

Jan 12, 2018
EDIT 3: Do NOT SKIP THIS WARNING

everyone has bootlooped on rickpads config, I recommend just sticking to mine. the difference is really small anyway.
I will leave it up for any more sillicone lottery winners

Hey guys, i've been playing around with KonaBess for a couple of days now and have come up with some great results.

1. Don't bother with HentaiOs, you won't get sustained performance nor will you get very good fps overall in games such as genshin impact. It is nice having 940mhz GPU clocks for a smooth feeling but man does it sip a lot of extra juice (1690ma + powerdraw), and hentaios is already silky smoothe so it is honestly not an option for gamers.
a) I did not play around with any extra settings as I kept running into bootloop problems with Hentai. Experiment at your own risk. You can try manipulate the lower clocks of the HentaiOS config to match @Rickpads config clocks, however i bootlooped and hentai is a pain in the ass to fix.

2. Using @Rickpads config (slightly tweaked to allow higher max frequency), I experienced perfection in all synthetic benchmarks & the lowest powerdraw. However, genshin running @ max60fps would crash (every other game etc was fine) so I decided to tweak his config slightly and I actually achieved much stabler FPS with only slightly (2-5ma on average) increased power draw. I also bumped his max frequency from 677 to 683 as it is supported and gave me a substantial boost on synthetic benchmarks (around 7%). I have attached my stable config and Rickpads tweaked max frequency config below.
a) I suggest trying rickpads config first
- if you experience any visual artifacts, go to my config if not, continue
- run geekbench 5 vulcan & opengl, if you score below 3500 (im hitting 3650-3700) go to my config, if not, continue
- Run genshin impact @ max settings 60fps, if you crash, go to my config, if not, congratulations you have great silicone!
p.s if you don't actually want to run genshin impact @ max 60fps (probably the most demanding android game) but only @ medium settings, Rickpads config should be completely fine and offers slightly better powerdraw.

THE results: (genshin impact max settings 60fps) I will upload some side by side tests, but basically: 60-80ma less powerdraw compared to stock (4-6% improvement) and much stabler fps, rarely dipping below 56fps.
of course running genshin @ medium settings yields even larger improvements in power draw and incredibly stable fps, never or very rarely dipping below 60.

EDIT: I would like to finish by saying, the phone feels a LOT cooler in hand and battery life improvements are noticeable. hope this helps anybody :)
EDIT2: Forgot to add the config files

EDIT3: Here are some very very basic test results. I will run a full hour long testing session where I will map a path to take for a daily farming run on genshin over the next week to get more in-depth results but for now this will do.

Test: GENSHIN MAX SETTINGS 60FPS. 8:30mins exploring & battling random mobs in liue, minlin, Yashiori island. followed by floor level 4 chamber 1-3 spiral abyss (7mins). (spiral abyss is very very stable in both runs, only fps drops are seen when exploring dense areas and teleporting)

Stock run:
pocof3 gpu stock test.png

Undervolt run:
pocof3 gpu undervolt test.png

Findings: Feels noticeable smoother with undervolt. I believe this is due to 13% improvement in jank and 18% improvement in big jank performance. Powerdraw is somewhat lower but very marginal, will need a proper extended test. the 2c lower temps does feel significant in the hand. I should note I ran the undervolt tests cold and undervolt tests directly after stock performance tests and felt slightly cooler to the touch.

the 3 extra fps is noticeable in very polygon rich areas.

to summarise: Much better stability (15%) & slightly more FPS (3%) in graphically intensive games. With very slightly lower powerdraw.

ROM: Cassanova mimax, 60hz with increased touch sensitivity enabled. Game Booster disabled.

Attachments

• RickPad683[1].txt
    847 bytes · Views: 204
  • 683_Genshin_Max60fps[1].txt
    871 bytes · Views: 390
Last edited:

varunrocks17

everyone has bootlooped on rickpads config, I recommend just sticking to mine. the difference is really small anyway.

Hey guys, i've been playing around with KonaBess for a couple of days now and have come up with some great results.

1. Don't bother with HentaiOs, you won't get sustained performance nor will you get very good fps overall in games such as genshin impact. It is nice having 940mhz GPU clocks for a smooth feeling but man does it sip a lot of extra juice (1690ma + powerdraw), and hentaios is already silky smoothe so it is honestly not an option for gamers.
a) I did not play around with any extra settings as I kept running into bootloop problems with Hentai. Experiment at your own risk. You can try manipulate the lower clocks of the HentaiOS config to match @Rickpads config clocks, however i bootlooped and hentai is a pain in the ass to fix.

2. Using @Rickpads config (slightly tweaked to allow higher max frequency), I experienced perfection in all synthetic benchmarks & the lowest powerdraw. However, genshin running @ max60fps would crash (every other game etc was fine) so I decided to tweak his config slightly and I actually achieved much stabler FPS with only slightly (2-5ma on average) increased power draw. I also bumped his max frequency from 677 to 683 as it is supported and gave me a substantial boost on synthetic benchmarks (around 7%). I have attached my stable config and Rickpads tweaked max frequency config below.
- run geekbench 5 vulcan & opengl, if you score below 3500 (im hitting 3650-3700) go to my config, if not, continue
- Run genshin impact @ max settings 60fps, if you crash, go to my config, if not, congratulations you have great silicone!
p.s if you don't actually want to run genshin impact @ max 60fps (probably the most demanding android game) but only @ medium settings, Rickpads config should be completely fine and offers slightly better powerdraw.

THE results: (genshin impact max settings 60fps) I will upload some side by side tests, but basically: 60-80ma less powerdraw compared to stock (4-6% improvement) and much stabler fps, rarely dipping below 56fps.
of course running genshin @ medium settings yields even larger improvements in power draw and incredibly stable fps, never or very rarely dipping below 60.

EDIT: I would like to finish by saying, the phone feels a LOT cooler in hand and battery life improvements are noticeable. hope this helps anybody :)

EDIT3: Here are some very very basic test results. I will run a full hour long testing session where I will map a path to take for a daily farming run on genshin over the next week to get more in-depth results but for now this will do.

Test: GENSHIN MAX SETTINGS 60FPS. 8:30mins exploring & battling random mobs in liue, minlin, Yashiori island. followed by floor level 4 chamber 1-3 spiral abyss (7mins). (spiral abyss is very very stable in both runs, only fps drops are seen when exploring dense areas and teleporting)

Stock run:View attachment 5427139

Undervolt run:
View attachment 5427141

Findings: Feels noticeable smoother with undervolt. I believe this is due to 13% improvement in jank and 18% improvement in big jank performance. Powerdraw is somewhat lower but very marginal, will need a proper extended test. the 2c lower temps does feel significant in the hand. I should note I ran the undervolt tests cold and undervolt tests directly after stock performance tests and felt slightly cooler to the touch.

to summarise: Much better stability (15%) & slightly more FPS (3%) in graphically intensive games. With very slightly lower powerdraw.

ROM: Cassanova mimax, 60hz with increased touch sensitivity enabled. Game Booster disabled.
Thank u so much bro for ur efforts.....I appreciate them..so much

I couldn't go higher than 677 Mhz from stock 670 Mhz and it seems the problem is the frequency table in SD870 Kernel, another guy was succesful on very early miui 12.0.x kernel of a SD870 Device released before march 2021, he said that qualcom or xiaomi restricted the upper frequency tables.

But nvm, it would only be great for benchmark scores above 670+, after few minutes the max frequency decreases (heat, power draw)

managed to undervolt the stock frequencys by a huge amount -> results in much more stable max frequency (smoother gameplay) and greatly reduced temperatures / power usage = more SoT ^_^

Very nyc preset.......works like a charm

emperor22

Oct 12, 2021
if a config undervolts too much, will it result in my phone bootlooping and me reflashing my rom?

hassan216

Apr 22, 2013

Stock run:View attachment 5427139

Undervolt run:
View attachment 5427141

can you tell me how to apply this file
iam already rooted
and does this work on miui or aosp roms only
thanks in advance

Bronze Sil

Jun 9, 2021

My device came with the old version,i think my device was manufactured early,so I think I can overclock it to higher table frequency

remafr

Oct 5, 2022
Hello, just for sharing !

Poco f3 rooted, with xiaomi.eu stable 13.07 rom !
Gpu restricted to 683mhz because kona 2.1 !

Screenshot_2022-10-05-14-24-51-850_com.cpuid.cpu_z.jpg

my settings :
cpu gouvernor set to performance mod !

cpu geekbench :
Screenshot_2022-10-05-14-38-06-849_com.primatelabs.geekbench5.jpg

gpu gouvernor forced to performance, min frequency : 683mhz max frequency 683mhz, undervolted too !

v615 adreno driver, thermal unlocker 855 magisk module !

miui performance set to performance via miui downloader hid features !

some screens next !

vulkan geekbench :
Screenshot_2022-10-05-13-57-45-727_com.primatelabs.geekbench5.jpg

antutu benchmark :
Screenshot_2022-10-05-13-57-18-950_com.antutu.ABenchMark.jpg

more than enough so !! Not slower than some sd 888 devices only in gpu parts but i don't practice gaming activities !! Just like to optimized to the best !!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stock run:
    pocof3 gpu stock test.png

Undervolt run:
    pocof3 gpu undervolt test.png

Thanks. Any rom will work or vice versa? Which rom you using this config?
    Works on all MIUI Roms and also on many Aosp, currently using the cfg on Pixel5 Beta4 (A12 Port) without any problems
    just HentaiOs didnt boot with the konabess mod, but u can backup dtbo.img in twrp and if your device not boot u can flash backup
    if a config undervolts too much, will it result in my phone bootlooping and me reflashing my rom?
    No you will have to flash only boot n vendor boot
    Hi guys. I just want to know if someone manage to overclock gpu using Konabess on Poco F3?