Anyone tested GTS/GTR 2nd Version

loko755

Sep 27, 2018
2 weeks i have GTR2.Battery 14 days, normal use. Updated, playing music from the watch, speaking with the watch and Swimming. Really good stuff for a 170 usd. Change strap for metal bracelet. Looks amazing!

Attachments

fuadhdmini

Oct 16, 2010
2 weeks i have GTR2.Battery 14 days, normal use. Updated, playing music from the watch, speaking with the watch and Swimming. Really good stuff for a 170 usd. Change strap for metal bracelet. Looks amazing!
How do you transfer mp3 files to the watch. Mine keeps failing

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
Used since 2 days and steps counter seem totally wrong in daily tracking. Before go to sleep my Fitbit One has 1300 steps and GTR2 310 steps. Fitbit One is always right steps count because it is in the pocket and count only when the leg move. In exercice mode GTR2 has right steps. It is like GTR2 start to count steps anly after 40 (or more) continuous steps :(
At this time Fitbit One 6136 steps vs GTR2 3302 steps, totally wrong and unusable :(

GTR Watchfaces from "Notify for Amazfit" do not load, Fail each time.

deepblue2000

Apr 8, 2016
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow
the steps counting is better, if you do perform a reset on the GTR2/GTS2.. (after the last fw update)

watchfaces from 1st generation do not work on GTS2/GTR2 !!!

and there are no custom watchfaces yet, seems to be the apps for modding are still missing.

battery life of my GTS2 is about 9-10 days ... my GTS1 got 19-24 days

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
the steps counting is better, if you do perform a reset on the GTR2/GTS2.. (after the last fw update)
Tried factory reset, nothing changed. After 40min in my kitchen, my Fitbit One count 306 steps (and with the One it count only when the leg move) and the GTR2 counted 62 steps. So still totally unusable as daily tracker.

Really incredible that Amazfit can stay with a new (recent) watch wich can not do the basic with counting right steps ???? I can use my GTR Lite and the steps are correct, no much difference with my Fitbit One.

BravoCharlie

Jun 2, 2008
Tried factory reset, nothing changed. After 40min in my kitchen, my Fitbit One count 306 steps (and with the One it count only when the leg move) and the GTR2 counted 62 steps. So still totally unusable as daily tracker.

Really incredible that Amazfit can stay with a new (recent) watch wich can not do the basic with counting right steps ???? I can use my GTR Lite and the steps are correct, no much difference with my Fitbit One.
The algorithm for steps counting is trying to measure actual walking steps not just random movements which is why it's best checked in a walking activity. I got my GTR 2 a couple of weeks ago and so far I'm happy with the step counter.

BravoCharlie

Jun 2, 2008
But it fail ;) today Fitbit 6200 steps just for leg movements and not arm and GTR2 2800 steps, totally wrong
That's weird, maybe you have a faulty one. I have GTR 2 and my wife GTS 2 and step counting is good on both (around 1200 steps per kilometer during activity) and even around the house it accumulates as expected. Try to feedback to Huami in Zepp app and see what they say.

Reactions: KeRNeLTR

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
That's weird, maybe you have a faulty one. I have GTR 2 and my wife GTS 2 and step counting is good on both (around 1200 steps per kilometer during activity) and even around the house it accumulates as expected. Try to feedback to Huami in Zepp app and see what they say.
But it fail ;) today Fitbit 6200 steps just for leg movements and not arm and GTR2 2800 steps, totally wrong
Firmware update for GTR2 yesterday ;)
In change log :
- setup for wrist watch
- optimize accuracy of steps counting

at this time :
- Fitbit One : 3767 steps
- GTR2 : 3897

so no faulty unit, just faulty Amazfit developers :)

Reactions: BravoCharlie

afterall

Sep 13, 2015
Well I have a gts 2 and I've been a bit disappointed with it so far. No Alexa connection (to follow so amazfit have told me) and the on board voice control is only part working.
I can start playing a song via voice command but cannot then say play next song or pause playing.
Contacted amazfit about the problem and they said oh yeah we know about that and we're working on it!!
Ever get the feeling that you bought something a bit too soon 🙄

diego2188

Feb 25, 2021
Hi all,

I'm having problems with the heart rate monitor, while I'm resting it's more or les accurate, but when I'm doing some exercise it's useless, having a differences somtimes up to 50 bpm lower than the real heart rate, I tried a factory reset but is still the same.

Does any of you have a similar problem? I have just sent a feedback on the app, let's see

It's a great watch but I'm thinking on returning it...

AMoosa

Sep 24, 2006
Does anybody get voice reminders when doing a run for example? There's a setting during the run for voice volume, and I have it set to maximum, but there's no voice to say 1 mile and the time etc. Is my unit faulty? Music works OK.