Anyone there?

Search This thread

KSH2014

May 13, 2014
LG Optimus 4X HD
I'm still around, checking this forum from time to time. Looks like its all dead.

I wondered if there is anyone out there still using this phone daily, like me.

If there is anyone, please share your ROM info too. Which ROM is the best for your liking?
I'm still using X-Los13_p880-ufoFFICIAL-201904CVE--1c6ea70874 since 01-2020.

Reactions: Phoenics

Phoenics

Jul 27, 2018
Berlin
Yep. I'm still around, too. And checking from time to time, too.

But, in the last years all is going veeery silent. That's not surprising, i guess.

My 4X HD is already in daily use, too... and i am using X-Los13 201711 (last version with QR).

Alternative is AOSP Nougat 7.1.2 or CM13/MM 6.0.1 quite good (if you don't need QR).

But... i see, you already know that! ;)

PS: My secret favorite was always SlimKAT 4.4.4 build 9 (after Rom, install the Cyodak-X3-Kernel (!)).

Last edited:
Reactions: KSH2014

KSH2014

May 13, 2014
LG Optimus 4X HD

But, in the last years all is going veeery silent. That's not surprising, i guess.

My 4X HD is already in daily use, too... and i am using X-Los13 201711 (last version with QR).

Alternative is AOSP Nougat 7.1.2 or CM13/MM 6.0.1 quite good (if you don't need QR).

PS: My secret favorite was always SlimKAT 4.4.4 build 9 (after Rom, install the Cyodak-X3-Kernel (!)).
Wow! Thanks for the reply. :)
Devs were active at the peak of Kitkat era so our device has a wide variety of KitKat based roms. I've tried many rom+kernel combination back in the day. Now 4.4.4 become completely obsolete for me as some of my -must have- apps. forcing Android 5+. :(
I didn't try Slimkat 4.4.4 build 9 with Cyodak X3 though. I'll try it sometime for fun!

Latest CM13 is a performance monster. If I remember correct, it also has codec tweaks too. Allowing for better bitrate video recording and/or stereo sound on recorded videos. Main drawback is unstable.
AOSP 7.1.2 is the highest Android version available for our device but it's dull AOSP.
@oF2pks 's Linage is like a balanced medium. Performance is good and it's very stable for daily use. 30+ days runtime without rebooting is almost always possible.
Do you have any GPS related issues?

Phoenics

Jul 27, 2018
Berlin

Sorry for my very, very my late response.

Sometimes, i use my P880 vicarious for Navigation (or for Geo-Caching) and i had never problems with GPS.

Works fine for me.

I agree with you. But with X-LOS13 i noticed that when there are more and more apps on the smartphone, booting takes longer and longer (like 5 minutes) and also generally slows down. To counteract this, i've started sorting out apps that shouldn't be booted with a reboot (i.e. only run if you open them by yourself). With this I could e.g. reduce the boot time to 3 minutes. The disadvantage, however, it takes longer to start the app (because its not preset in RAM by booting).

PS: I loved SlimKat 4.4.4. Unfortunately, there are no new apps backwards compatible (SDK/API20).

Last edited:
Reactions: KSH2014

KSH2014

May 13, 2014
LG Optimus 4X HD
Late is better than never. :)

I agree with you. But with X-LOS13 i noticed that when there are more and more apps on the smartphone, booting takes longer and longer (like 5 minutes) and also generally slows down.
I had to re-flash LOS13 several times from this reason too. :(
The last time however, I needed QR code so I flashed Euphoria 5.1.1 latest 20160208 and still using it.
Raised the max. CPU freq. to 1700 too. No signs of slow down yet.

ViniLima

Jun 18, 2014
Osasco
Hi! Good to see some activity!
I want to repair my old LG. The screen and touch are trashed and the battery is puffed. I found an almost free screen with LCD and battery and I'll repair it.
I remember I tried so many ROMs in this phone... The best performer was the Mourta's 4.4.4, but the battery consuption was bad. I ended up flashing the stock firmware 4.1.2, but it was still usable back in the day. Today is useless.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm still around, checking this forum from time to time. Looks like its all dead.

I wondered if there is anyone out there still using this phone daily, like me.

If there is anyone, please share your ROM info too. Which ROM is the best for your liking?
    I'm still using X-Los13_p880-ufoFFICIAL-201904CVE--1c6ea70874 since 01-2020.

Wow! Thanks for the reply. :)
    Devs were active at the peak of Kitkat era so our device has a wide variety of KitKat based roms. I've tried many rom+kernel combination back in the day. Now 4.4.4 become completely obsolete for me as some of my -must have- apps. forcing Android 5+. :(
    I didn't try Slimkat 4.4.4 build 9 with Cyodak X3 though. I'll try it sometime for fun!

Latest CM13 is a performance monster. If I remember correct, it also has codec tweaks too. Allowing for better bitrate video recording and/or stereo sound on recorded videos. Main drawback is unstable.
    AOSP 7.1.2 is the highest Android version available for our device but it's dull AOSP.
    @oF2pks 's Linage is like a balanced medium. Performance is good and it's very stable for daily use. 30+ days runtime without rebooting is almost always possible.

Sometimes, i use my P880 vicarious for Navigation (or for Geo-Caching) and i had never problems with GPS.

Works fine for me.

I agree with you. But with X-LOS13 i noticed that when there are more and more apps on the smartphone, booting takes longer and longer (like 5 minutes) and also generally slows down. To counteract this, i've started sorting out apps that shouldn't be booted with a reboot (i.e. only run if you open them by yourself). With this I could e.g. reduce the boot time to 3 minutes. The disadvantage, however, it takes longer to start the app (because its not preset in RAM by booting).

PS: I loved SlimKat 4.4.4. Unfortunately, there are no new apps backwards compatible (SDK/API20).
    Late is better than never. :)

I agree with you. But with X-LOS13 i noticed that when there are more and more apps on the smartphone, booting takes longer and longer (like 5 minutes) and also generally slows down.
    I had to re-flash LOS13 several times from this reason too. :(
    The last time however, I needed QR code so I flashed Euphoria 5.1.1 latest 20160208 and still using it.
    Raised the max. CPU freq. to 1700 too. No signs of slow down yet.