Anyone think the headphones are crap?

Search This thread

Zheranon

Jan 23, 2010
New York, NY
They are better than I expected. As stated above, bundled headphones are usually crap. I agree about the bass, but I kept using them because of the in-line controls and mic.

#GoodEnough

Kil4Thril

Jul 4, 2013
I haven't even taken them from their plastic sleeve. I have the ones from the LG V20 that are very good on the RATE occasion I can use wired. I'm truly hoping the BT ones that come with the immersive bundle are top notch

AKW

Oct 6, 2015
Jacksonville
Honestly they're not that bad. I'm no audiophile by any means, but they're at lease as good as the Skull Candy buds I was using before. For the bass problem, download Bass Booster from the Play Store and set it to around 75-80%. Much better. Also, don't forget to set up your equalizer, put on UHQ Upscaler, and personalize your Adapt Sound. I find those steps make them pretty good for in-box buds.

zathus

Aug 25, 2009
They're more comfortable than the ones that came with my S7 or with the iPhone. As far as sound quality they're about what I expected. Nothing amazing but useful in a pinch.

Futant

Oct 7, 2010
They seem improved over the normal Samsung offerings but are not great. I got way better bass response when I attached some Comply foam ear pieces in place of the stock ones. A good seal is important for bass response and the stock ones just didn't fit in my ears well. They stayed put, but not a very good seal. For a pack-in wired headset, I am happy, especially with my foam ear tips.

AKW

Oct 6, 2015
Jacksonville
I understand that you can download and move settings around but it's appalling to me that the no name headphones that were inboxed with my Note 7 blow the AKG headphones away.

Sent from my SM-G955U using XDA-Developers Legacy app

They're not technically AKG headphones. They're Samsung headphones (as are the ones that came with your Note 7), but these ones were "tuned by AKG." I'm gonna say that they're better than the ones that have come with all my past Samsung phones, including the Note 7.

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
They're not technically AKG headphones. They're Samsung headphones (as are the ones that came with your Note 7), but these ones were "tuned by AKG." I'm gonna say that they're better than the ones that have come with all my past Samsung phones, including the Note 7.
Then I guess mine are defective. I mean I'm a DJ and I have a very good ear for sound and compared to the No Name Samsung Note 7 headphones that I receive which I'm using now these AKG headphones sound like crap.

llawen

Dec 5, 2012
Tried them today. Got the phone a week ago. YES! Suck is being politically correct. I would say they >§;[€®¢©£

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They sound tinny and have no bass. I went back to the ones that came with my note 7 and wala bass... All that talk about those great headphones.

Honestly they're not that bad. I'm no audiophile by any means, but they're at lease as good as the Skull Candy buds I was using before. For the bass problem, download Bass Booster from the Play Store and set it to around 75-80%. Much better. Also, don't forget to set up your equalizer, put on UHQ Upscaler, and personalize your Adapt Sound. I find those steps make them pretty good for in-box buds.
    I found the Comply memory foam pads on Amazon and can confirm that they make a huge difference in the bass response. Sound good now.

I bought a pack with small, medium, and large sizes, not knowing which to choose. Ended up liking the biggest ones because they stay put and create the best seal. I also noticed that these pads keep the sound IN better, too, so people near you hear almost nothing of your music.

I found the Comply memory foam pads on Amazon and can confirm that they make a huge difference in the bass response. Sound good now.

I bought a pack with small, medium, and large sizes, not knowing which to choose. Ended up liking the biggest ones because they stay put and create the best seal. I also noticed that these pads keep the sound IN better, too, so people near you hear almost nothing of your music.

Got a link

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone