Question Anyone tried to flash XQ-BC72 with XQ-BC62 (US Version) firmware?

Search This thread
Just got my Xperia 1 III (XQ-BC72) couple days ago, flashed SEA firmware with no problems so far. Except too bad it doesn't support Volte in Canada, which used to be fine on my previous Xperia 1 J9110 with SEA firmware as well.

I was wandering is that possible to flash it with US firmware to unlock that, plus features like more 5G bands support?

Anything helpful would be appreciated.

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
Just got my Xperia 1 III (XQ-BC72) couple days ago, flashed SEA firmware with no problems so far. Except too bad it doesn't support Volte in Canada, which used to be fine on my previous Xperia 1 J9110 with SEA firmware as well.

I was wandering is that possible to flash it with US firmware to unlock that, plus features like more 5G bands support?

Hi, any updates on this? I have an XQ-BC72 coming, and if I can get USA firmware on it I am hoping it will work for me.
Question for you: how did you flash the SEA firmware? Official Sony tools / firmware upgrade?

morphius88

Dec 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Sony Xperia 1 III

Hi, any updates on this? I have an XQ-BC72 coming, and if I can get USA firmware on it I am hoping it will work for me.
Question for you: how did you flash the SEA firmware? Official Sony tools / firmware upgrade?
I flashed US firmware yesterday but it appears that it still wont work with Verizon even though all the 4G bands are there. I could care less about 5G where I live. I have CMDA less feature activated too but still no go. Worked fine on the HK version of Xperia 5 II so I though I would be OK on this one as well.

@i7killpii you are unlikely to get VoLTE to work (aside from maybe on T-Mobile). Its possible that a Canadian provider may also allow it but I doubt it. You also wont get access to more bands just by switching firmware. Whatever bands came with the phone is all you have access too.

@charlatan01 you can follow the directions here: https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-flashing-xq-at51-firmware-on-xq-at52-device.4147027/
These are for the Xperia 1 II but its the same process for the 1 III as well. If you use Verizon and somehow figure out to make it work, let me know. Please note, flashing firmware will erase everything. Also I am not responsible for any bricking or issues you may get into. It worked for me on the first try.

Forbesii

Aug 17, 2021
Sony Xperia 1 III
I flashed my XQ-BC72 using XQ-BC62 rom before. I cannot afford 5G plan so I didn't try. About VoLTE, I am using Fido and the carrier services are not available (including VoWiFi, VoLTE, showing 4G instead of LTE, etc.). Also I got a lot of problems such as LTE connection disconnection about every 30 seconds. So I flashed it back to TW rom. Still all carrier services are not available but at least the LTE is functioning.
I've searched about the carrier services issues. It seems it's because the carrier isn't cooperating with Google so no carrier configuration is available (I'm not sure because fido has android phones on their website).

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
I flashed US firmware yesterday but it appears that it still wont work with Verizon even though all the 4G bands are there. I could care less about 5G where I live. I have CMDA less feature activated too but still no go. Worked fine on the HK version of Xperia 5 II so I though I would be OK on this one as well.

@i7killpii you are unlikely to get VoLTE to work (aside from maybe on T-Mobile). Its possible that a Canadian provider may also allow it but I doubt it. You also wont get access to more bands just by switching firmware. Whatever bands came with the phone is all you have access too.

@charlatan01 you can follow the directions here: https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-flashing-xq-at51-firmware-on-xq-at52-device.4147027/
These are for the Xperia 1 II but its the same process for the 1 III as well. If you use Verizon and somehow figure out to make it work, let me know. Please note, flashing firmware will erase everything. Also I am not responsible for any bricking or issues you may get into. It worked for me on the first try.
Thanks for the follow-up. I managed to cancel my order for the Asia version and am going to snag the NA version when I can.

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
try only flashing /OEM partition with the OEM files of the firmware from your area.

Usually that brings VoLTE functionality and stuff

morphius88

Dec 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Thanks for the follow-up. I managed to cancel my order for the Asia version and am going to snag the NA version when I can.
I called Verizon and got them to add the IMEI to my phone line along with CMDA-less feature. It actually worked. I can make phone calls and send/receive texts so it appears its possible to get Verizon to work on Asian model. However, VoLTE is a different story. I dont think I will get that work.