Anyone w/ an LG G4 want to start a dang Bumper Case company with me!!???

Search This thread

psechler

Jun 2, 2015
Asheville, North Carolina
Sheeesh this is getting ridiculous that there's maybe 2 out there and both companies look sketchy and they're in china and take weeks, maybe a month, to get (if they even will fit).

Whoever actually does finally mass produce one will make a killing on the leather backed G4 market. Maybe someone at one of the big guys like Spigen, UAG, Incipio, etc. will read this post and get off their butts and get some out there. I think I'm speaking for most of us when I say we don't want a bumper with a clear back so the leather is mushed inside and we can't feel it.

psechler

Jun 2, 2015
Just saw this one for the iphone. I'd love to see something like this instead of that silly frame thing from zdelco.

Draco-Ducati-6-bumper-case.jpg

Reactions: Mega Montana

tourbound129

Jun 15, 2010
I'm with you. I don't want to hide the leather back either but would like some sort of protection on the corners. The profit margin has to be huge. I can't believe nobody has imported a couple thousand or so units, marked them up a couple bucks and made them available on Amazon with reasonable shipping times.

Mega Montana

Jul 23, 2013
Sheeesh this is getting ridiculous that there's maybe 2 out there and both companies look sketchy and they're in china and take weeks, maybe a month, to get (if they even will fit).

Whoever actually does finally mass produce one will make a killing on the leather backed G4 market. Maybe someone at one of the big guys like Spigen, UAG, Incipio, etc. will read this post and get off their butts and get some out there. I think I'm speaking for most of us when I say we don't want a bumper with a clear back so the leather is mushed inside and we can't feel it.

Just got done searching for one myself before heading over here to this forum for any help...you took the words right out of my mouth (or keyboard I guess). I'm sure eventually there's going to be more options, but unbelievable just how few there are at the moment, considering the leather back is one of the biggest selling features of the phone.

LancerV

Nov 20, 2007
I dunno never seen a bumper provide any kinda protection so might as well go are

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

psechler

Jun 2, 2015
I had a metal bumper on my GSIII that took all sorts of abuse and kept the phone pristine. Why would you think it wouldn't provide protection?

Exactly.... as long as the bumper has nice corners and general layering and around the edge is fatter than the face and back by a few millimeters then your protected from drops. Unless of course you drop it on something sharp not flat which would be rare.

Ballistic made some cool cases imo that would be a nice bumper. The corners were thicker and overly fat, but the rest of the edges fit close to the phone so kept a slimmer feel.

tourbound129

Jun 15, 2010
Got my bumper, skinomi tech glass, and my black leather G4 yesterday and I'm happy to report they work together great. Bumper is a little snug but it certainly fits.

Here's the one i got.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/131517775534?_mwBanner=1

Was it tough to get it on? Is it so snug that you think it might damage or leave a mark in the leather? Convenient to take it on and off to swap batteries?

kidcope06

Apr 25, 2012
Kansas City Missouri
Was it tough to get it on? Is it so snug that you think it might damage or leave a mark in the leather? Convenient to take it on and off to swap batteries?
I wouldn't say it was very tough at all to put on but I would guess it's probably easier on a plastic back.

It may leave a depression in the leather after a year or so but I wouldn't guess that's likely.

I'm not sure what your threshold for convenience is so i can't guess. It won't bother me to take it off a couple times a week.

tourbound129

Jun 15, 2010
I wouldn't say it was very tough at all to put on but I would guess it's probably easier on a plastic back.

It may leave a depression in the leather after a year or so but I wouldn't guess that's likely.

I'm not sure what your threshold for convenience is so i can't guess. It won't bother me to take it off a couple times a week.

Sounds good. Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably order one to try it out.

Reactions: psechler

psechler

Jun 2, 2015
I had a metal bumper on my GSIII that took all sorts of abuse and kept the phone pristine. Why would you think it wouldn't provide protection?

How's the lip on it; does it look like it'll keep the glass from making contact? And also that weird looking white liner inside the bumper looked cheap. Is it fairly solid and even tho it's minimal will it provide some shock absorption ?

kidcope06

Apr 25, 2012
Kansas City Missouri
How's the lip on it; does it look like it'll keep the glass from making contact? And also that weird looking white liner inside the bumper looked cheap. Is it fairly solid and even tho it's minimal will it provide some shock absorption ?
Lip is good. It will keep the screen from touching when face down. The liner is certainly minimal. It's like a foam rubber band. It's probably not going to do any shock absorbing but it will keep the metal from rubbing on the plastic. Keep in mind this was only like $7.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Does the bumper affect WiFi or cell signal at all? Tia

None that I can tell.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think I finally found the bumper I'm looking for. It's rubber and flexible and only 4.99. I guess I'll find out in 2 to 4 weeks. Here's the link for others that were interested.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=381298599870&alt=web

Lip is good. It will keep the screen from touching when face down. The liner is certainly minimal. It's like a foam rubber band. It's probably not going to do any shock absorbing but it will keep the metal from rubbing on the plastic. Keep in mind this was only like $7.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Does the bumper affect WiFi or cell signal at all? Tia

None that I can tell.

Just saw this one for the iphone. I'd love to see something like this instead of that silly frame thing from zdelco.

Draco-Ducati-6-bumper-case.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone