Question Anyone want to collaborate to port LineageOS to Tab P11 Plus?

Search This thread

nexuspb

Jul 9, 2014
It's a mediatek processor and supports SPFlash byapss in case we screw up we can still recover...

Lenovo posted the 4.14 kernel, I tried building it and it seems to compile without any errors. Just need help getting the proprietary blobs and to build a device tree.

RogerClark

Feb 9, 2011
Melbourne
What's the model number of this?

I have a P11 TB-J606F

I am a developer, but I have no knowledge of how to extra the blobs ?

Can you post a link to the kernel sources ?

nexuspb

Jul 9, 2014

I have a P11 TB-J606F

That is the snapdragon variant, likely much easier to develop a custom rom for...

I am talking about the mediatek one which is the cheaper model (although they call it "plus")

nexuspb

Jul 9, 2014

I have a P11 TB-J606F

You can get the source from lenevo's open source website and search for your model...

There are scripts floating around that can help you extract the blobs from your running device or a system image.

You'll have to make a device tree though

RogerClark

Feb 9, 2011
Melbourne
Ah. OK

I noticed something on github about Levono not releasing the latest kernel sources in a reasonable period of time.

And people just having kernel panic's after trying to use the old kernel, which appears to be over a year old

:-(

nexuspb

Jul 9, 2014
Ah. OK

I noticed something on github about Levono not releasing the latest kernel sources in a reasonable period of time.

And people just having kernel panic's after trying to use the old kernel, which appears to be over a year old

:-(
You might have a lot of work to do then. You can compare with other tablets with the same SOC. Snapdragon is very common and they release their own source as well and can rebuild the kenrnel.

You can use that guys kernel and see what the panic is to figure out what he is missing. It's def possible!

RogerClark

Feb 9, 2011
Melbourne
You might have a lot of work to do then. You can compare with other tablets with the same SOC. Snapdragon is very common and they release their own source as well and can rebuild the kenrnel.

You can use that guys kernel and see what the panic is to figure out what he is missing. It's def possible!

Yep. Probably a year old kernel should be fine, and the other guy's kernel probably has a miss configuration

bauuuuu

Feb 12, 2015
anyone out there to test custom rom for P11 plus? I have compiled it but I haven't received the bootloader unlock email reply so cant test myself