• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Anyone want to extract the long power press key from schaps rom?

Search This thread

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Make your own. It's really easy. Take the shortcut to whatever you want to run using the power key & duplicate it (or you can use the original .lnk).

Rename the copy or original to Long_Power.lnk & move it to the windows folder.

That's all there is to it!

You can also do Short_Power.lnk, Short_Send.lnk, Long_Send.lnk, Long_End.lnk & Short_End.lnk. :D

adebilloez

Feb 15, 2004
HW key shortcut

Make your own. It's really easy. Take the shortcut to whatever you want to run using the power key & duplicate it (or you can use the original .lnk).

Rename the copy or original to Long_Power.lnk & move it to the windows folder.

That's all there is to it!

You can also do Short_Power.lnk, Short_Send.lnk, Long_Send.lnk, Long_End.lnk & Short_End.lnk. :D

Wouah...where did you found a such tips ...

antnee

Feb 27, 2006
i was actually looking for the app. similar to the htc end key that is in his rom.
thanks for the tip though!

briggs81

Dec 27, 2007
Ontario, Canada
He said it's only for his roms at the moment and I believe he doest want to release it yet because it will probably conflict with other roms. He mentioned it in his thread I think.

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Wouah...where did you found a such tips ...

Let's see, I found it by playing around with .lnk names & looking into the files of AE keyboard. (Long_Power).

The rest I found in an amazing place called XDA-Developers.com! I was posted by a member who thought "Heck, let's take a look at the KB driver with a disassembler". This brilliant gentleperson is known as hma4!

See Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=356322&highlight=keyboard+driver

briggs81

Dec 27, 2007
Ontario, Canada