Question Anyone Willing To Build TWRP For Barbet?

Search This thread
You should use the official Google device repo for A11, along with the minimal manifest for TWRP. Then just follow the same process as the bonito repo to retrofit it for TWRP.

The easiest way to extract blobs is to do so from the factory images.

EDIT: If I can find some time I may help with this, as long as you're willing to do the building and testing, I can probably create a mostly complete device tree for you to start with.
For sure. I think I can do it with my desktop, if not, I can spin up my server. Sorry for the delay. Holiday crap and other issues.

I have interest in this process as well. I see that Magisk recommends TWRP to install, and it seems that may be require for SafetyNet verification. I am fairly unclear on that point though: is TWRP the only reasonable way to use magisk? And, also, does a custom ROM not automatically provide a user with root access? Why is Magisk needed in that case?
If you're looking for just Magisk, you can just use Magisk app on another device to modify barbet's boot image.
Magisk is the 'root' in most cases. and afaik, you can get su access from adb shell, if enabled in developer settings.

nijel8

Dec 24, 2011
All over US
Google Pixel 5a
OK, here we go... Just for testing and poking around...

twrp-3.6.0_12-0-barbet.img

Built with Android 12 aosp sources and TeamWin android-12 branches where available, had to fix a lot of build errors...
MTP and /data decrypt not working, that's next on my list.

Boot to bootloader and run:
Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.6.0_12-0-barbet.img

No point for permanent install until decryption is fixed.

Last edited:

c3sharp

Mar 12, 2016

Built with Android 12 aosp sources and TeamWin android-12 branches where available, had to fix a lot of build errors...

Code:

Awesome! Thank you for taking a crack at this, and good luck with development!

nageen9211

Sep 21, 2015
Sunder Nagar
Google Pixel 5a

Code:

Great.. kudos and thanks for your work..

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer

Code:

If you build in 11, decryption without a password will work in 12. The 12 source isn't ready yet.

Locklear308

Feb 6, 2012
Loganville
Honestly I'm kind of confused why this phone has so little attention.

Is there something about it that the majority of folks don't like?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news, guys, decryption fixed!

Now need to fix some bugs here and there, do some twrp functionality testing and will release it I hope in the next couple of days...

Wish me luck...

Code:

I tried to build it, but I ran into issues. anyone have any idea the proper repos I'm supposed to use? also, when getting to the blobs point, extractblobs script is missing from lineage repos. (I also tried to build for android 12
    Point me in the right direction!
    You should use the official Google device repo for A11, along with the minimal manifest for TWRP. Then just follow the same process as the bonito repo to retrofit it for TWRP.

The easiest way to extract blobs is to do so from the factory images.

EDIT: If I can find some time I may help with this, as long as you're willing to do the building and testing, I can probably create a mostly complete device tree for you to start with.
    we need the wizard @Captain_Throwback to make an unofficial twrp. he's made a lot of unofficial twrps over the years and does a damn good job at doing it.

Unless someone buys me one, I won't be doing that. I don't build for devices I don't have anymore, unless they're essentially similar to a device that I do. And this device doesn't fit that scenario. I'm sure at some point a dev will come along to help. You'll just all have to be patient.
    Someone want to see if this TWRP boots?

No idea if it'll boot or if touch or vibration will work or anything, but it's a first attempt.