• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Anyone with a rooted phone and Galaxy Watch 4?

Search This thread

inningsdefeat500

Oct 30, 2010
Vancouver
I ordered it, I have note 20 utra ( HK Version ) rooted
I had read a while back that if you setup Samsung pay directly from watch, it works?
Can I setup Spay wth a non-rooted phone, have it work on the watch then go back to the rooted phone?
Gpay works on my phone, will it work on the watch
Will any of the health apps work

I ordered it, I have note 20 utra ( HK Version ) rooted
I had read a while back that if you setup Samsung pay directly from watch, it works?
Can I setup Spay wth a non-rooted phone, have it work on the watch then go back to the rooted phone?
Gpay works on my phone, will it work on the watch
Will any of the health apps work
I don't have the watch4 yet but on watch3, I was able to use it without my rooted phone and no, you can't configure things on a device and change the device, because every time the device is changed, the watch resets...

Root on phone has no effects on the watch, rooted phone will affect the apps installed on it, for example "this application can't run on rooted devices"

As for gpay, as I recall, I believe someone did use gpay instead of Samsung pay

DaReDeViL

Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer
Staff member
Jul 15, 2009
Rabat
Samsung Galaxy S21

thehartk

Jan 12, 2014
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6

DaReDeViL

Staff member
Jul 15, 2009
Rabat
Samsung Galaxy S21

TacoDeMuerte

Feb 16, 2021
I'm on a rooted S10 and it paired just fine. I don't use any of the pay features, but all of the health features work. Just be aware that some other people have had issues.

DaReDeViL

Staff member
Jul 15, 2009
Rabat
Samsung Galaxy S21
Ive had all model Samsung Phones, and ALL have had no issues with pairing on a rooted Samsung phone, S8+, S9+, N10, S21U.

Considering Galaxy Wear doesn't look for root, why would root be the issue?

I'm on a rooted S10 and it paired just fine. I don't use any of the pay features, but all of the health features work. Just be aware that some other people have had issues.

I also had all S models and faced this issue with STOCK rooted firmwares and even with only TRIPPED KNOX unrooted stock ones. Using custom roms doesn't trigger the problem as they already include the gear fix which involves patching some vendor files (manifest.xml).
If the problem doesn't exist, why would there be so many threads describing it and proposing fixes for it ? ;)

PS : The only time I was able to directly use my GW4 and S-Health without problems on my Knox tripped S21 is with the actual A12 beta ...

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
there is some code pertaining to "WSM" in manifest.xml - this needs removing to get wearables connecting to galaxy wearable app properly - a few modules out there patch this

TacoDeMuerte

Feb 16, 2021
I am also on stock firmware. I'm not saying that just because I didn't have any issues, that there won't be issues for anyone else. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
Hello,
Yes I have the Galaxy 4 Watch, and a Rooted Note 8.
The Watch pairs without issue on Bluetooth, and works
wonderfully.

Top Liked Posts