Anyone with dust under the screen?

Search This thread

plisk3n

Apr 25, 2010
Outer Heaven
This is sort of on the same topic since it deals with warranty and unlocked phones, but I've had no problem getting my phone swapped after unlocking the bootloader.

I had a stuck red pixel on the phone, and the tech support line didn't even ask me if I unlocked it or anything.

I've had a positive experience with the customer service with Google & HTC in terms of my Nexus One. The whole turn around for the swap was around 4 business days, and I'm in Canada.

In regards to the dust, I plugged the headphone jack with a piece of the zagg invisible shield to cover the hole since I don't be using that much anyways. Better safe than sorry!

kaiser_tytnii

Nov 15, 2007
Toronto
can someone who successfully got their rooted phone resolved with HTC for this dusts issue to send me the ticket # they had, please?

I am very frustrated that they are refusing to fix the dusts just because of the rooting:mad::mad::mad:

thank you very much in advance!

kaiser_tytnii

Nov 15, 2007
Toronto
Call HTC and they will replace it. Even if you Rooted. Just let them know that there is Dust under the screen [a google employee told me that HTC is replacing the N1's for obvious hardware issues even if you rooted]

I haven't read through this thread very much so forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

this is not happening unfortunately... Google refused to help and htc refused to fix :mad::mad::mad::mad:

darkshadowen

Jun 15, 2008
Bought Nexus One this past Saturday (06/12). Used it for about three days before I began noticing some dust specs appear under the screen, wouldn't have bothered, but one spec in the mid/left side of the screen was causing the pixel(s) right under it to rainbow (especially against a white background) which tended to distract me a bit...

Called HTC Support today (06/17) and they were able to setup a swap with a credit card pre-authorization. Hoping for better luck with the replacement device.

darkshadowen

Jun 15, 2008
Received replacement phone today, certainly appears brand new to me. Screen looks perfect, no clicking, also noted the part numbers changed (the last two digits were 00 on my old phone, new phone is 01. AT&T Nexus One).

HTC has made me happy so far, we'll see how it goes.

r0adki111

Dec 30, 2009
www.tacochicsalsa.com
Received replacement phone today, certainly appears brand new to me. Screen looks perfect, no clicking, also noted the part numbers changed (the last two digits were 00 on my old phone, new phone is 01. AT&T Nexus One).

HTC has made me happy so far, we'll see how it goes.
When I had mine repaired, I asked HTC on the phone if the replacements were brand new or refurbished, and she told me they send out brand new ones. Who knows if she knew anything at all though.

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
Has HTC fixed the dust problem?

If I send my N1 to HTC, well they just clean it our will they actually fix the problem so it does not recur?

android01

Apr 20, 2010
Toronto
Bought Nexus One this past Saturday (06/12). Used it for about three days before I began noticing some dust specs appear under the screen, wouldn't have bothered, but one spec in the mid/left side of the screen was causing the pixel(s) right under it to rainbow (especially against a white background) which tended to distract me a bit...

Called HTC Support today (06/17) and they were able to setup a swap with a credit card pre-authorization. Hoping for better luck with the replacement device.

Where did you buy the at&t nexus one? I though they didn't sell that model anymore

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am in the same situation, I want to order one but i'm afraid it will have this issue and dust annoys me so much! :mad: