• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Anyone with the US LTE got the big update yet?

Search This thread

tamanaco

Jul 18, 2006
New York
I have an AT&T LTE Watch 4 Classic in NYC. No update here yet. The Watch still on U1BUI5. I'm waiting to get either U1CUID or U1DUJA as others outside the US and with Non-LTE Watch 4s have reported to have installed. Hoping the next OTA updates the watch to U1DUJA as that release "appears" to be the one with the most enhanced features and fixes.

sjgoel

I have Tmobile LTE & there have been only 2 updates:
Build no: R875USQU1BUI5 / Release Date : 2021-10-06
Build no: R875USQU1BUH9 / Release Date : 2021-08-25

There is nothing else as per the updates on the Samsung website.

ekerbuddyeker

Bit where is it?

williegomezt

Jan 13, 2010
I read somewhere that LTE version get the updates even 1 month later than non LTE version. I'm in the same situation, latest version BUI5 with my LTE 46mm

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa
Sorry, but yeah, LTE is always 1-2 months behind and sometimes they even skip updates. Has to do with LTE certification requirements from the carriers or some crap.
Dayum. I've only had one Samsung LTE (well, 3G) watch, and that was the original Galaxy Gear S (a beautiful piece of hardware let down by plastic charging latches). I quickly realized that although a way cool feature (it actually used a physical nano SIM), I almost always had my phone with (I suffer from nomobilephobia 🤣), so it wasn't worth paying monthly for service on the watch - I've bought BT-only watches ever since. I can't stand having my updates being subject to the carriers in any way, and I couldn't take a delay like that - so that just cinches it for me, BT-only from now on.

ekerbuddyeker

And the battery life really needs a fix on the LTE. One run for an hour and 30 minutes, with Bluetooth music to Galaxy buds live, and battery went from 85% to 10% before it went into saver mode. It's not a serious workout device. Hopefully this will be fixed. Most frustrating.

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa
And the battery life really needs a fix on the LTE. One run for an hour and 30 minutes, with Bluetooth music to Galaxy buds live, and battery went from 85% to 10% before it went into saver mode. It's not a serious workout device. Hopefully this will be fixed. Most frustrating.
LTE has always been a batter hog on watches - there's a limit to how much this can be fixed. That, combined with the high drain tracking workouts and listening to music, makes those results unsurprising. Battery life is important to me too, and therefore is another key reason I don't buy LTE watches.

True, but the fact that it's LTE is EXACTLY why I want it for running! Don't want to take my phone, do want access to messages, email and calls!!
Well. You could carry a phone size battery pack, the charge puck and somehow wedge it between your watch and arm. J/K.

Or you could stop running for 1.5 hours. :) J/K

Not much you can do. to have a watch size device, you're going to have a watch size battery.

Reactions: MilgeS

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa
Well. You could carry a phone size battery pack, the charge puck and somehow wedge it between your watch and arm. J/K.

Or you could stop running for 1.5 hours. :) J/K

Not much you can do. to have a watch size device, you're going to have a watch size battery.
Well, to be fair, that consumption does seem high, even with all those functions operating at the same time - I wonder if you're running ekerbuddyeker in an area with weak signal, hence the higher drain?

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
I saw.on reddit that the r895F which is also an LTE classic just got the update so we are probably close...
What country? The F model is the world other than US, China, and Korea. The F model has other LTE carriers than US, China, and Korea. I believe LTE models of watch are dependent on carrier for updates.

Top Liked Posts