• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Anyone working on LineageOS 17 support?

Search This thread

freddd1

Jul 29, 2015
Considering there are no maintainers right now, is anyone interested in picking up?

I have no Android rom development experience myself but I would really like to see continued support.

Anyone tried yet and stumbled upon any hurdles? Perhaps we can figure this out together.

blackuriel

Nov 25, 2017
Google Nexus 4
Nextbit Robin
Unofficial LineageOS 17.1

I've just found this unofficial version of LineageOS 17.1 for Robin.
Haven't tried it yet though. Maybe anyone tried it already?
The latest build is from beginning of September.
It's maintained by lennertfranssens and you can find it on Android file host.
If you Google the developer's name you can easily find it.
(As I'm new I can't post links here, sorry...)

xWolf13

Jul 6, 2012
I've just found this unofficial version of LineageOS 17.1 for Robin.
Haven't tried it yet though. Maybe anyone tried it already?
The latest build is from beginning of September.
It's maintained by lennertfranssens and you can find it on Android file host.
If you Google the developer's name you can easily find it.
(As I'm new I can't post links here, sorry...)

Just flashed and it works. Here's the link for anyone interested: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675557410

Have no idea what works and what doesn't. I'll play around with it today

Lennert_F

Aug 8, 2012
Beveren
Just flashed and it works. Here's the link for anyone interested: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675557410

Have no idea what works and what doesn't. I'll play around with it today

On my part everything is working. I make the builds with the sources of Nolen Johnson and Paul Keith with some small additions.

Nolen told me he stopped his work because some testers said they faced deadlocks when entering their passcode and he was never able to recreate that situation.

I also never had that problem. But if some of you do and are able to make a logcat of it you may always post it here or send a message to me.

linckandrea

Nov 9, 2013
Roma
Moto X 2014
Nexus 9
On my part everything is working. I make the builds with the sources of Nolen Johnson and Paul Keith with some small additions.

Nolen told me he stopped his work because some testers said they faced deadlocks when entering their passcode and he was never able to recreate that situation.

I also never had that problem. But if some of you do and are able to make a logcat of it you may always post it here or send a message to me.

Idem on my part,
Maybe is a core control/interactive parameters fault?

Mydiva

Oct 20, 2020
Hi,
I have also installed version 17, but it did not work properly for me. After successful installation, i got to the initial screen with the settings (Set up Android). As soon as I entered my wlan password, the "Android APP" crashed. I rebooted and skipped the wifi settings, so android started. But as soon as I entered the wifi password again, android crashed again. So I had to go back to 16.0.

freddd1

Jul 29, 2015
17.1 is official now - fixed the deadlocks and fingerprint.

18.1 everything but RIL works - and I'm working on that.

Like in the email, thank you again for your efforts.

RIL not working sounds like a serious issue. Is it something that can be easily overcome by LineageOS developers or does it require aid from the OEM to make it possible on a newer Android for an older device?

Raiz

Forum Moderator
Staff member
17.1 is official now - fixed the deadlocks and fingerprint.

18.1 everything but RIL works - and I'm working on that.
So excited to try it out!
Man it's amazing this phone still lives on! It makes me genuinely happy :)

RIL not working sounds like a serious issue. Is it something that can be easily overcome by LineageOS developers or does it require aid from the OEM to make it possible on a newer Android for an older device?
AFAIK it doesn't. Plus we have the chance to have maintainers that aren't just enthusiasts but actual professionals. So I'm confident he should not have that hard of a time fixing this.
It feels good to see that device enjoying its youth again :)

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

I'll figure it out - OEM is long gone - and not that helpful when they were around.

Reactions: Raiz and blackuriel

Top Liked Posts