• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Anything i can do with a demo s21 ultra?

Search This thread
Nov 22, 2021
I got totally scammed today on Facebook marketplace I hate used phones so much there's so many ******* ways to get scammed easily. It functions like a regular s21 but if I put a Sim into it nothing happens and the imei is all zeros. Also no demo menus pop up on the screen ever like normal display models. I finally looked at the phone alot closer and saw in super tiny print it was a demo model... I'm a total idiot for just not walking away when neither of us had a Sim card eject tool and he didn't care whether I bought it or not. Can I root this thing and make it usable or enter some special codes or flash something onto it or am I just stuck with a $550 wifi camera. I knew that price had to be to good to be true...

I got totally scammed today on Facebook marketplace I hate used phones so much there's so many ******* ways to get scammed easily. It functions like a regular s21 but if I put a Sim into it nothing happens and the imei is all zeros. Also no demo menus pop up on the screen ever like normal display models. I finally looked at the phone alot closer and saw in super tiny print it was a demo model... I'm a total idiot for just not walking away when neither of us had a Sim card eject tool and he didn't care whether I bought it or not. Can I root this thing and make it usable or enter some special codes or flash something onto it or am I just stuck with a $550 wifi camera. I knew that price had to be to good to be true...
To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to get it functional as a normal phone. Best to sell it for parts at some independent repair shop.

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Have you filled a claim with Facebook? They have a Purchase Protection Policy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am sorry for you. Demo model can not be transformed in a usable phone.

Demo models are not to be sold, so probably it was stolen.

Suggest to demand refund and return it to seller.