AnyUnlock: An app to treat N1's power button problem (no root required)

Search This thread

helloworld1

Sep 21, 2007
San Jose
Before developoing this app, I am using
1. Nolock
2. Flyscreen
3. lock widget
in order to
1. use any key to turn the phone on
2. use widget to turn off the phone
3. Use flyscreen to prevent the accident tap

However this combination is huge and invenient. So I deciced to develop a very small app (40k in size) it can
1. Use any key to turn on the phone
2. A widget turn phone off
3. A very simple lock screen to prevent accident tap.

Search AnyUnlock in Android Market and enjoy it. If there are any porblems, please report.

Attachments

• device1.jpg
    device1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,292
  • device2.jpg
    device2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,301
  • device3.jpg
    device3.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,154
Last edited:

vinnyjr

Jul 25, 2010
Boston
It didn't work for my N1. I enabled the app, brought me to the 2nd window where I also enabled it and let the phone shut down and nothing, I had to use the power button to turn the screen back on. Back to nolock.

It was the way I installed it, working now but after installing gingerbread the trackball wake no longer wakes the screen, have to use the volume key. Still very effective but like the trackball wake.

Last edited:

helloworld1

Sep 21, 2007
San Jose
It didn't work for my N1. I enabled the app, brought me to the 2nd window where I also enabled it and let the phone shut down and nothing, I had to use the power button to turn the screen back on. Back to nolock.

Yes, there is a bug. If you don't allow the admin permission in the first time. The program will fail. You can disable it, uninstall it and reinstall to take effect.

Last edited:

deenn

Sep 26, 2008
I also couldn't pick up on an incoming call... it just went to the screen which shows the enable/disable anylock buttons. I couldn't press home or back. Uninstalled it for now.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

helloworld1

Sep 21, 2007
San Jose
I also couldn't pick up on an incoming call... it just went to the screen which shows the enable/disable anylock buttons. I couldn't press home or back. Uninstalled it for now.

I have updated to 1.2 with the option to disable simple lock screen. Also I tried to fix your phone call issue. Hopefully it is working.

vinnyjr

Jul 25, 2010
Boston
Works fantastic. After enabling the app I went back into settings and unchecked the lock screen. Now it works just the way I wanted. Thanks for the great app.

Vinny :cool:

deenn

Sep 26, 2008
works brilliantly now! thanks.

maybe you should put in the description in the market that no root is required.

and an option to still use the slider when unlocking? that would be my favorite option.
just pressing the track ball brings you to the unlocking screen with the slider.

xanatos00

Apr 5, 2010
This is super awesome, thanks for making this!

Curious, what specific activity does the widget call? I would like to be able to shut the screen off using other things (dock swipe up, tasker, custom widget) etc. is it an android acitivity or one that is specific to AnyUnlock?

I tried each of the 4 or 5 activities in AnyUnlock but they didn't work.

Thanks for making this!

Dirk

May 11, 2009
No Lock too from what another user has stated. There's no way i'm changing from CM7 if there's no possibility of trackball wake!

vinnyjr

Jul 25, 2010
Boston
I can also confirm the trackball doesn't work to wake the screen up, but the volume buttons still do.

I can also confirm trackball doesn't wake screen but the volume key will. Hopefully the dev. can fix this issue.

Thanks for a great app.
PS Will donate when trackball is fixed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before developoing this app, I am using
    1. Nolock
    2. Flyscreen
    3. lock widget
    in order to
    1. use any key to turn the phone on
    2. use widget to turn off the phone
    3. Use flyscreen to prevent the accident tap

However this combination is huge and invenient. So I deciced to develop a very small app (40k in size) it can
    1. Use any key to turn on the phone
    2. A widget turn phone off
    3. A very simple lock screen to prevent accident tap.

Search AnyUnlock in Android Market and enjoy it. If there are any porblems, please report.
    i like it!
    perhaps you should include an option to enable or disable the 'lock screen to prevent the accidental tap.'

Yes, I will do that in next version.
    Interesting app since my power button is acting up, Thanks.

You can have a try. The power button is quite vunerable for HTC devices. I hope Android would make an official option to power on the device using any keys.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone