• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General AOD not shutting off

Search This thread

__McB__

Sep 5, 2009
My phone's screen randomly turning on when sitting still on a table even though AOD settings were turned off was driving me crazy. Google search showed it's happening to a lot of people. However, I found a solution that fixed it on my phone so wanted to pass along in case it fixes yours.

Once I disabled the gesture to tap the back to take a screenshot the problem finally went away. I do have tap to wake and lift to wake also disabled, but just having those two disabled did not eliminate the random screen turning on. Hope this helps!

Reactions: mko000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My phone's screen randomly turning on when sitting still on a table even though AOD settings were turned off was driving me crazy. Google search showed it's happening to a lot of people. However, I found a solution that fixed it on my phone so wanted to pass along in case it fixes yours.

Once I disabled the gesture to tap the back to take a screenshot the problem finally went away. I do have tap to wake and lift to wake also disabled, but just having those two disabled did not eliminate the random screen turning on. Hope this helps!
    If anybody is interested you can turn this off via adb.

"adb shell settings put secure doze_quick_pickup_gesture 0"