AOD Plus Always On Display AMOLED Notifications with unique features

Search This thread

kslakhani

Jul 12, 2006
infront of ma HD2
Request:

Can you please give an option to enable / disable calendar in AOD like in the attachment?
And can you also give an option to set custom date format cause I use a really long date format for example the date display on my laptop is Mon-07-Mar 03-2022 (DDD-dd-MMM mm-YYYY)?

Edit: I understand it will consume more battery.

Edit 2: I have a DND Schedule active at 10pm on daily basis, it turns off AOD and I'm unable to find DND Access for this app.
As promised update is live ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220329-200805_AOD plus Adfree.jpg
    Screenshot_20220329-200805_AOD plus Adfree.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: immi

immi

Feb 27, 2013
As mentioned in my old posts, currently I don't own an Android 11 or AMOLED Display Phone. So I'm using this app more like a night clock, And I've noticed that the brightness is way too high for a completely dark room. It's so bright that objects in the room become darkly visible (tested at auto and fixed brightness levels).

So this might sound stupid cause I don't know the science behind it, but is it possible just to switch on the backlight and pixels on only the area where AOD is and reset of the backlight is off (you know, I'm 90% sure it doesn't work that way :D). And also can you please give a brightness slider option to set the backlight as low as 1% and up to 100% along with an option of Triple Tap or use of one of the Volume Rockers to set the Brightness to Max at Lock Screen if we're out in a sunny day from inside a relatively dark place.

Hope you understand all what I'm trying to say :D

elimiriel

Apr 26, 2010
Have you locked some legions? I'm in South Korea, and app shows Server/Connection error when I tried something more than basic features even in jan.13 2022 test versions....

kslakhani

Jul 12, 2006
infront of ma HD2
Have you locked some legions? I'm in South Korea, and app shows Server/Connection error when I tried something more than basic features even in jan.13 2022 test versions.
Yes, free version will ask you to watch ad and as soon as you finished watching ad free version will get all features unlocked for 1 day. That is Google ad server error. Try latest version from play store. Make sure you are connected to internet

kslakhani

Jul 12, 2006
infront of ma HD2
As mentioned in my old posts, currently I don't own an Android 11 or AMOLED Display Phone. So I'm using this app more like a night clock, And I've noticed that the brightness is way too high for a completely dark room. It's so bright that objects in the room become darkly visible (tested at auto and fixed brightness levels).

So this might sound stupid cause I don't know the science behind it, but is it possible just to switch on the backlight and pixels on only the area where AOD is and reset of the backlight is off (you know, I'm 90% sure it doesn't work that way :D). And also can you please give a brightness slider option to set the backlight as low as 1% and up to 100% along with an option of Triple Tap or use of one of the Volume Rockers to set the Brightness to Max at Lock Screen if we're out in a sunny day from inside a relatively dark place.

Hope you understand all what I'm trying to say :D
You are not 90% but 100% sure Its not possible on non OLED displays what I sujjest you is use auto brightness from your device or fixed brightness for AOD ( goto brightness & color and select fixed brightness then goto AOD swipe anywhere and you will see brightness and other features tap on brightness and use your desired brightness.)
I still recommend use auto brightness from your manufacturing settings and goto dark place and adjust minimum brightness and your truoble will gone;)

Reactions: immi

robbo1947

Jun 2, 2007
Manchester

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220727-102546_AOD plus Always On Display.jpg
    Screenshot_20220727-102546_AOD plus Always On Display.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20220727-102629_AOD plus Always On Display.jpg
    Screenshot_20220727-102629_AOD plus Always On Display.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

puredp1

Apr 29, 2014
okay this application is unique I just bought it and I'm very happy! I will test it and hope it doesn't drain much battery.
I'm using it on the Galaxy s22 ultra. love the option to put favorites calls! and preview options too! I'd like the option to have widgets from apps too maybe? Favorite contact photo would be nice. Do I have to run any adb commands? android 12 no root
thanx!

Last edited:
Reactions: kslakhani

kslakhani

Jul 12, 2006
infront of ma HD2
okay this application is unique I just bought it and I'm very happy! I will test it and hope it doesn't drain much battery.
I'm using it on the Galaxy s22 ultra. love the option to put favorites calls! and preview options too! I'd like the option to have widgets from apps too maybe? Favorite contact photo would be nice. Do I have to run any adb commands? android 12 no root
thanx!
Thank you for purchasing the app :)
From Android 11 and up you no longer need any adb commands or even root.
I like your photo on favorite contacts suggestion I will add them on upcoming updates

• Love
Reactions: puredp1

puredp1

Apr 29, 2014
Thank you for purchasing the app :)
From Android 11 and up you no longer need any adb commands or even root.
I like your photo on favorite contacts suggestion I will add them on upcoming updates
I usually purchase because I want to show my gratitude for all you developers creating those amazing apps. Great app!

Last edited:
Reactions: kslakhani

kslakhani

Jul 12, 2006
infront of ma HD2
thanx!
Hi
Update 6.1.1 is up on play store for pro version photos can be added to favorite contacts 😉
Please share your feedback after update

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOD plus Always On Display

With some unique features

Take advantage of your AMOLED display:p

Why AOD plus ?

Weather with sense animation
    Direct dial your fav. contact
    Date n time customization
    Photoclock with customization
    Ringer status
    Wallpaper
    Uniquely developed battery status
    Weather with customization
    Audio recording right from the AOD
    Torch
    Timer right from AOD
    Calculator right from AOD
    Stopwatch right from AOD
    iSilent mode
    Live brightness touch n hold on clock to adjust brightness.
    See full fledge notification details like status bar.
    Comparatively consumes less power than any other Always on display in the market.
    Real burn in protection it revolves through entire screen not just a few pixels
    All pro features included available in ad and adfree version.
    Fingerprint unlock support for devices having in display scanner(requires root)
    Swipe clock to see weather or calendar events.
    No more brightness issue like in stock AOD
    Simple UI
    Lightweight
    One click prayer times

Latest free version can be downloaded from here

fav_contacts.png
    F_AOD+.png

For non rooted devices please grant WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission through adb to enable power saving feature

For battery drain issue see my second post

Update v6.0.4 6 Oct 2020

Auto font and color change on clock movement. Please select first digital clock for that.

double tap on clock to change font and color.

Improved calculator swipe right on clock for calc.

Pocket mode

Update v6.0.3 26 September 2020
    Full Landscape mode support
    Calculator right from the AOD
    Last notification badge
    Animation and much more

Guys please update your reviews on Play store.
    Thank you for your support.

Update 10-Sep-2020 v6.0 is up
    Stopwatch and Timer right from the AOD

Update 17-April-20

Music playback control added
    More widgets on the way;)
    Some code optimised

Update 24-April-20
    24hour clock option added
    More widgets are up;)
    Notification details/content can be show/hide
    Notification Icons size options
    Now page selection option added( Calendar, Weather tab can be show/hide)
    Some code optimised

Update 25April-20
    Music playback bug fixed
    Digital clock cutout issue fixed
    Added support for Android Lollipop and Marshmallow

Update v2 11-May-20
    MIUI widget added
    Device reboot crash fix
    Persistent Notification option added
    Code optimised for Marshmallow

Update v2 6-June-20
    Improved widgets
    Removed unnecessary permissions
    Added Notification Icon Badges
    Improved Noti Icons
    Battery backup improved
    Added button for root access check(good for first time use)

Update v2.2 9-June-20
    A quick update to previous one
    Fixed root related issues
    Added feature tap on hold on date to see calendar events(this will give you a quick glance of upcoming events for two months)

Update v4.3 26-June-20

Misscall reminder added

Update v4.8 20-July-20

Battery Threshold. Service can be disabled in low battery level
    Prayer Times added
    S7 Style widget display cutout bug fixed
    Improved UI

AOD+ free version is available on play store
    Adfree version available play store

Happy AODing:cool:
    Battery Saving tips for all devices

Good news is you no longer need rooted device on Android 11+ to enter device in doze

* Turn off lockscreen notifications, you will surprise with battery backup.
    * Use pockect mode if you keep your device in pocket most of the time

* Give the following adb command
    Code:
    adb shell settings put global device_idle_constants inactive_to=2592000000,motion_inactive_to=2592000000,light_after_inactive_to=20000,light_pre_idle_to=30000,light_max_idle_to=86400000,light_idle_to=1800000,light_idle_factor=1.5,light_idle_maintenance_max_budget=30000,light_idle_maintenance_min_budget=10000,min_time_to_alarm=60000

Please note that on some devices you need to follow this step again upon restarting the device.

to issue adb command you need adb SDK installed on your PC/Laptop https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f3Wes8Gp2hJ3bjcYHoNVsEG5nGh9PqYW/view?usp=sharing.
    Make sure you have USB debugging on from Developer Options and USB driver installed from your device manufacture to connect to PC.

* For rooted device the power saving is enabled automatically you can choose one of the doze mode the best suits your device.

* Close all unnecessary apps to get nice battery backup

Feel free to post here if you required
    Unable to install the app. Parse Error on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 Phronesis Note 7 Marshmallow Ported Rom. Rom has N7 ported AOD which works fine.
    Thanks for reporting.
    MarshMallow and Lollipop support added:)

Yes the previous version was working.
    On my 3xl rom custom android 10.
    Another issue is the last figure on the digital clock is just showing 1. Ex: 8h11 instead of 8h14.
    Both issue fixed:)
    Update v2 2-june-20 is up.
    Please see the first post
    Thanks mate for this one. It installed without any errors and app settings opened normally. But when I press Preview button the app crashes and aod won't show when phone is locked. Sorry I don't know how to fetch logs for app crash.
    I am going to lauch an update within couple of days lot of code optimised on it.
    Stay tuned