Themes / Apps / Mods aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for Pixel 6 Pro!

Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hello

So I was trying to find an option to make the colors random or jump from color to color like a rainbow setting every time there's a notification and I noticed this unicolor gimmick setting, anyone know what it's for?
Hi. I believe it only changes the color of the app itself.

Reactions: kronikings

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hello!
How do I save my settings and import my settings?
Without root, I think it's possible the app might use Google's automatic backup and restore function, although I think that's only useable when setting up a device from scratch. I'm rooted so I use Swift Backup, but I think I've also taken screenshots of each section of the app.

ukue

Dec 23, 2010
hi. I'd had to uninstall aodnotify because aod was going weird the last few days. The screen doesn't fade off completely as always and aodnotify app drains the battery. I tried holey light and it works better

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
hi. I'd had to uninstall aodnotify because aod was going weird the last few days. The screen doesn't fade off completely as always and aodnotify app drains the battery. I tried holey light and it works better
No issues with aodNotify here - using on the PIxel 6 Pro on the stable June update.

Reactions: bobby janow

ukue

Dec 23, 2010
Same here. Works as designed no battery drain I can tell. There is a contingent here that's pushing the other app for some reason. I should probably write down my settings for when I get the P7. 😁
not the case. i paid for this app but it's not working well now. I just came here searching for any fix and i found the other app but i still prefer aodnotify.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
not the case. i paid for this app but it's not working well now. I just came here searching for any fix and i found the other app but i still prefer aodnotify.
Try resetting it to default. If you're rooted then you'll have to get answers elsewhere. I'm not. Not sure if they had an update lately but you can check that too. As I said I've had no problems through multiple monthlies.

Reactions: ukue

ukue

Dec 23, 2010
I could finally fix de aod not hiding but now the notification light works very erratic. sometimes shows the light and sometimes not. idk why

The application is great.
It would be great if it worked with the phone upside down.
I put the phone in this position to turn off the AOD but if it was seen from the side the notification would be perfect.
For example on Samsung Phones, when you receive a Whatsapp message, both sides light up green. This way you can see the color reflected on the table.

Thank you!!

Reactions: owilsky

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I put the phone in this position to turn off the AOD but if it was seen from the side the notification would be perfect.
For example on Samsung Phones, when you receive a Whatsapp message, both sides light up green. This way you can see the color reflected on the table.

Thank you!!
Try notification light - style - screen edges option for both screen off and on.

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
Under "General" I have "Only on Notification" selected but the AOD remains on all the time. What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Under "General" I have "Only on Notification" selected but the AOD remains on all the time. What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.
I don't have the phone in front of me at the moment, but I have this screenshot handy in Google Photos from times I've shared it in this thread before. You also want the ADB-enabled Power saving mode from the bottom of the General section. To be clear, ADB enables you to enable the option, once you use the ADB command then you can toggle it.
lMnK_-3GNfLXktR7ujWQr4pqu4SGU3FUkREswYCULC4Dz08pKeHjiYENBvaWoHHpWC62R7scWpYzdiLSny6_5_mT2KQ6Jb6exPgxgPDordrp7A0K45lVUuJv_HoBo30_5w0OcYaCP_7xK0I0CiSFldPlxuBnIdnbnMto5Tn0thILaxVxq_H_zLX3AecxC42vDgxmv5Dr5lRB3ODXXs-rTunFzNHUIfLmua3FXt7tk069-MWdtS89xWyHxAfD_I2alIm62_DWhgQq48WUsKQh_LwZfG3Jk6YjKFinq_L_lBXIRU2Lm5pjIA1vFJW6oQvGkG33_DrMTSl-_e-dHnkOo4VEMxQ_22oj9dyMqtMfb4jIqB16j3bqrbImjy3AFV7btUlO3i0wEjV0S_veX1T3uOxVy1gDdHNNwuEiwL3N0B_9YjR-3i26Auz-XEzPiUdLV20Phg007yWaN6cvXB1KrAUGaru66VkOiXLfhIQKOHEZ39omDf71uVNdxi_kAQkWFsc1Zz7lT_Rc8QpmuhMysUtpcuB_D7SxHchcQBJdmY-N_bL1YBa8UNhVnOWNgQ6rg0i77sq3yO1YOAxWHHoMgr86AchC0qcp8ucIE1NjIe1G9aYYXj8_ygA0z3k6HrDzu3CyHXELXmlYlPFw-2lXniSCEIdBEBeJ94tE1cHvbDpSgcbwIrh0Q1CKNHR_5eqPqzJN7pfC78MznmWKOZ3dFPYGAPzm9_8E0qvh8HHyzcboQ_Vrr6I_Z-OBBKbHU9Q=w557-h1206-no

Reactions: Lughnasadh

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
Thanks for coming back to me. I had already enabled that option using ADB but the AOD still was not lighting up. After further experimentation I've found that for the AOD to light up, either the Notification Light or the Notification Preview has to be enabled in the aodNotify settings.

I don't want either of these to be visible. As a workaround I've enabled the Notification Preview then adjusted the preview settings so that nothing actually shows. Now, after the minimum 5 second timeout of the Notification Preview the AOD lights up.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No issues with aodNotify here - using on the PIxel 6 Pro on the stable June update.
    Same here. Works as designed no battery drain I can tell. There is a contingent here that's pushing the other app for some reason. I should probably write down my settings for when I get the P7. 😁
    Try resetting it to default. If you're rooted then you'll have to get answers elsewhere. I'm not. Not sure if they had an update lately but you can check that too. As I said I've had no problems through multiple monthlies.

Thank you!!
    I don't have the phone in front of me at the moment, but I have this screenshot handy in Google Photos from times I've shared it in this thread before. You also want the ADB-enabled Power saving mode from the bottom of the General section. To be clear, ADB enables you to enable the option, once you use the ADB command then you can toggle it.
    This app was initially developed for Samsung Galaxy devices with Always on Display. As Pixel devices also have an Always on Display i decided to port the Samsung version to Pixel devices.

You need a notification light / LED for your Pixel 6!
    With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED to your Pixel 6!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Pixel 6 or Pixel 5!

As the notification light is integrated in Google's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

MAIN FEATURES
    • Notification light / LED for Pixel 6, Pixel 5 or Pixel 4a!
    • Low energy notification preview
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 2.0%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION - 1.8%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 1.0%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 1.0%

Without notification light the app consumes almost 0% battery!

The Pixel 6's Tensor chip has a context hub, which is a ultra low power context engine especially made for the AOD and other background tasks, wich should reduce power consumption a lot. The values above are approximate values from old Pixel devices.

DOWNLOAD:

DEVICES
    • Pixel 6 / 6 Pro
    • Pixel 5
    • Pixel 4a
    • Pixel ...

NOTES
    • The app is still in beta stage, errors may occur!!
    • Google may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Google Pixel" is a protected trademark of "Google LLC"
    I found a way to completely disable the AOD when not needed using adb. Coming in next beta. This can save up to 25% battery per day!
    Does that mean that when I have an unread WhatsApp message that creates a green ring around the camera cutout it costs me about 24% battery during 8 hours of sleep?
    Oh, these 3% per hour are only approximate values based on old Pixel devices.

The Pixel 6's Tensor chip has a context hub, which is a ultra low power context engine especially made for AOD and other background tasks, wich should reduce power consumption a lot.

Additionally there are low energy eco effects, interval mode and sleep times which can drastically reduce battery consumption in aodNotify.

Just give it a try. As soon as i get my Pixel i'll start optimizing even further.
    zoom_ezgifcfjpa.gif
    144261909_500312494280pjnf.jpg

1mtuj24.png
    7m7zk0k.png

The position of the light around the camera cutout may not be accurate in this beta.

Position can be adjusted in Notification light > Size & position > fine tuning section in the app.
    Good news, i was able to get edge lighting around screen edges to work again on andoid 12.

New beta coming soon!