Themes / Apps / Mods aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for Pixel 6!

Search This thread

GuinnessX

Jan 4, 2014
DC
Google Pixel 6
My P6 is backordered, so I installed it on my Nexus 6P so I could go ahead and pay for the premium version and have it waiting... I hope to test it out soon!

radogost

Sep 9, 2015
Jaworzno
Great job on the app, I have purchased "Pro".

However, what would be great to have, is the ability to sign "Pro" version without being logged to Google. When CalyxOS/GrapheneOS will be available for P6, I won't be able to sign in and use my Pro version of the app.

Many other apps have a code that is generated for an email, so you can log in either by Google or using the unique code.

Let me know if it will be hard to implement :)

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Great job on the app, I have purchased "Pro".

However, what would be great to have, is the ability to sign "Pro" version without being logged to Google. When CalyxOS/GrapheneOS will be available for P6, I won't be able to sign in and use my Pro version of the app.

Many other apps have a code that is generated for an email, so you can log in either by Google or using the unique code.

Let me know if it will be hard to implement :)
no plans for this currently, sorry

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Rollout of aodNotify 1.08 beta has started!

Added some experimental adb mods to change aod brightness and reduce battery consumption!

• Brightness mod
• Powersaving mod
• Preview optimizations
• Interval bug fixed
• Translations updated
• Fixes & optimizations

Last edited:
Reactions: woe

phupton

Mar 13, 2006
UK
Rollout of aodNotify 1.08 beta has started!

Added some experimental adb mods to change aod brightness and reduce battery consumption!

• Brightness mod
• Powersaving mod
• Preview optimizations
• Interval bug fixed
• Translations updated
• Fixes & optimizations
Hi. I’m guessing some of these features require a rooted phone?

rbanaco

Aug 9, 2010
Hy to all, I've bought this app! I was running it but I've noticed that it's not working as it should (I believe) the aod with the notification appears but then it changes after some seconds to the normal AOD and the screen doesn't turn off. Does this happen to you also?

Another thing is the app seems to be adding big wakelock to the phone. I had more or less 2-3% rate with screen off and now it's 6% and the phone seems that it's always warm. Is this normal experience?

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I'm not on Facebook. Can you post the beta releases elsewhere and link to them here?
Just apply for beta directly in playstore app page

Hi. I’m guessing some of these features require a rooted phone?
no root needed. Only one time adb setup. Which is done in seconds...

Hy to all, I've bought this app! I was running it but I've noticed that it's not working as it should (I believe) the aod with the notification appears but then it changes after some seconds to the normal AOD and the screen doesn't turn off. Does this happen to you also?

Another thing is the app seems to be adding big wakelock to the phone. I had more or less 2-3% rate with screen off and now it's 6% and the phone seems that it's always warm. Is this normal experience?
Please have a look at the display duration settings. You can adjust how long the light, aod or notification preview are visible individually.

Wakelock is only active when the light is active. Notification preview doesnt need this.
Using the new powersaving mod is recommended

Reactions: rbanaco

rbanaco

Aug 9, 2010
Just apply for beta directly in playstore app page

no root needed. Only one time adb setup. Which is done in seconds...

Please have a look at the display duration settings. You can adjust how long the light, aod or notification preview are visible individually.

Wakelock is only active when the light is active. Notification preview doesnt need this.
Using the new powersaving mod is recommended

I tried that but it's still wakelocking don't know why... I'm attaching two screenshots for you to see, it's not deep sleeping on idle with aod installed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211115-215936.png
    Screenshot_20211115-215936.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20211115-215837.png
    Screenshot_20211115-215837.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 86

petzku

Jul 23, 2009
Huawei Nexus 6P
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
As much as I appreciate that this app has been translated into my language, I wish I could change the language inside the app myself. Maybe it is there, but I can't find it 😅
I prefer English over Finnish 😇

Last edited:

go_roy

Nov 16, 2017
OnePlus 2
OnePlus 5
On the new .037 Android 12 build, the powersaving adb mod seems to set "Always show time and info" to disabled after each unlock, preventing further unlocks with the fingerprint sensor while the screen is off. Just thought I'd mention this. Disabling the powersaving mod solves this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app was initially developed for Samsung Galaxy devices with Always on Display. As Pixel devices also have an Always on Display i decided to port the Samsung version to Pixel devices.

You need a notification light / LED for your Pixel 6!
    With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED to your Pixel 6!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Pixel 6 or Pixel 5!

As the notification light is integrated in Google's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

MAIN FEATURES
    • Notification light / LED for Pixel 6, Pixel 5 or Pixel 4a!
    • Low energy notification preview
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 2.0%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION - 1.8%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 1.0%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 1.0%

Without notification light the app consumes almost 0% battery!

The Pixel 6's Tensor chip has a context hub, which is a ultra low power context engine especially made for the AOD and other background tasks, wich should reduce power consumption a lot. The values above are approximate values from old Pixel devices.

DOWNLOAD:

DEVICES
    • Pixel 6 / 6 Pro
    • Pixel 5
    • Pixel 4a
    • Pixel ...

NOTES
    • The app is still in beta stage, errors may occur!!
    • Google may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Google Pixel" is a protected trademark of "Google LLC"
    zoom_ezgifcfjpa.gif
    144261909_500312494280pjnf.jpg

1mtuj24.png
    7m7zk0k.png

The position of the light around the camera cutout may not be accurate in this beta.

Position can be adjusted in Notification light > Size & position > fine tuning section in the app.
    i bought the pro version... it's amazing... love it
    No AOD option for those running alternative ROMS. :-(

Try "Holey Light" instead. Does the same kind of thing, but is open source, and all options work on AOSP builds (running oGole-free GrapheneOS). Use the "unholey light" mode for low battery AOD option.
    I found a way to completely disable the AOD when not needed using adb. Coming in next beta. This can save up to 25% battery per day!