Themes / Apps / Mods aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for Pixel 6!

Search This thread

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
This app was initially developed for Samsung Galaxy devices with Always on Display. As Pixel devices also have an Always on Display i decided to port the Samsung version to Pixel devices.

You need a notification light / LED for your Pixel 6!
With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED to your Pixel 6!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Pixel 6 or Pixel 5!

As the notification light is integrated in Google's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

MAIN FEATURES
• Notification light / LED for Pixel 6, Pixel 5 or Pixel 4a!
• Low energy notification preview
• Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
• Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES
• Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
• Custom app / contact colors
• ECO animations to save battery
• Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
• Night times to save battery

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
• LED - 3.0%
• LED & INTERVAL - 2.0%
• LED & ECO ANIMATION - 1.8%
• LED & ECO ANIMATION & INTERVAL - 1.5%
• NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 1.0%
• ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 1.0%

Without notification light the app consumes almost 0% battery!

The Pixel 6's Tensor chip has a context hub, which is a ultra low power context engine especially made for the AOD and other background tasks, wich should reduce power consumption a lot. The values above are approximate values from old Pixel devices.

DOWNLOAD:

DEVICES
• Pixel 6 / 6 Pro
• Pixel 5
• Pixel 4a
• Pixel ...

NOTES
• The app is still in beta stage, errors may occur!!
• Google may block this app with future updates!
• Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software!
• Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Google Pixel" is a protected trademark of "Google LLC"

Last edited:

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
zoom_ezgifcfjpa.gif
144261909_500312494280pjnf.jpg

1mtuj24.png
7m7zk0k.png

The position of the light around the camera cutout may not be accurate in this beta.

Position can be adjusted in Notification light > Size & position > fine tuning section in the app.

go_roy

Nov 16, 2017
OnePlus 2
OnePlus 5
Very nice! Already installed yesterday, when it was only on the Pixel 5 forums. Will use for a few days and report battery usage.
(Since the default ring position is not adjusted to the camera, I adjusted manually. Y offset 60 and X/Y size at -52 seems to be fine)

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
The new beta is online. Positions around camera should be correct now.

You may have to reset the position offsets to 0 after the update.

Any feedback about camera positions is appreciated! Enjoy!

Reactions: Nimueh

darfbozo

Sep 7, 2009
Southampton(ish)
Lookign good so far, thanks for your efforts. Description says it hides the fingerprint icon, which is something I really want .. but can't see how to do this? Any help much appreciated. Cheers.

Diablo2424

Mar 6, 2008
Can you post the APK file as well for those without Google Play Store access? Thanks for the awesome app!

Edit: just bought the pro version to be able to customize east apps color! This app is sweet!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jawomo

BunkMoreland

Nov 2, 2021
@Jawomo great app, bought premium right away.
One thing I would find cool is if the notification dot could move around the screen a bit to reduce burnin. Like have a slider for how much the dot moves around the screen.

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
@Jawomo great app, bought premium right away.
One thing I would find cool is if the notification dot could move around the screen a bit to reduce burnin. Like have a slider for how much the dot moves around the screen.
Thanks! Had this once and people complained that the dot moves in unwanted regions. As it blinks burn in should not be a problem. Maybe ill readd this sometime in future

MaddHatt3r

Jan 6, 2012
Google Pixel 6
I love this idea, my Moto phone had this and it was great. Now, with the way always on is handled I keep my phone face down mostly. Can this be used on the rear of the phone?

Diablo2424

Mar 6, 2008
Is there any way to enable edge lighting for notifications on this app? instead of notification dot or around the camera glow... I don't see it in my options and I have the pro version

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app was initially developed for Samsung Galaxy devices with Always on Display. As Pixel devices also have an Always on Display i decided to port the Samsung version to Pixel devices.

You need a notification light / LED for your Pixel 6!
    With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED to your Pixel 6!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Pixel 6 or Pixel 5!

As the notification light is integrated in Google's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

MAIN FEATURES
    • Notification light / LED for Pixel 6, Pixel 5 or Pixel 4a!
    • Low energy notification preview
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 2.0%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION - 1.8%
    • LED & ECO ANIMATION & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 1.0%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 1.0%

Without notification light the app consumes almost 0% battery!

The Pixel 6's Tensor chip has a context hub, which is a ultra low power context engine especially made for the AOD and other background tasks, wich should reduce power consumption a lot. The values above are approximate values from old Pixel devices.

DOWNLOAD:

DEVICES
    • Pixel 6 / 6 Pro
    • Pixel 5
    • Pixel 4a
    • Pixel ...

NOTES
    • The app is still in beta stage, errors may occur!!
    • Google may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Google Pixel" is a protected trademark of "Google LLC"
    zoom_ezgifcfjpa.gif
    144261909_500312494280pjnf.jpg

1mtuj24.png
    7m7zk0k.png

The position of the light around the camera cutout may not be accurate in this beta.

Position can be adjusted in Notification light > Size & position > fine tuning section in the app.
    i bought the pro version... it's amazing... love it
    No AOD option for those running alternative ROMS. :-(

Try "Holey Light" instead. Does the same kind of thing, but is open source, and all options work on AOSP builds (running oGole-free GrapheneOS). Use the "unholey light" mode for low battery AOD option.
    I found a way to completely disable the AOD when not needed using adb. Coming in next beta. This can save up to 25% battery per day!