Themes / Apps / Mods aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for S22 Ultra - Now with optional notification preview!

Search This thread

peca_slo

Dec 21, 2013
Hey, this app is nice and thanks for your afford. But I have noticed that sometimes app switch off notification in app, or completely switch off AOD in phone settings. Any idea what could be this problem?

I bought you also a coffee to make pro version :)

Best regards, M

Reactions: eyalsa

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
@Jawomo how much battery should be consumed using only notification led in eco blink without any sleeping time per day?

OP says 1,5% per hour, but I don't believe it would drain 36% a day. I just want to know if my drain is normal or I should do something about it.

Dora.Darvas

Jul 6, 2022
Hi, my issue is that the app doesn't seem to be working at all on my S22 Ultra. I simply fail to get any LED notification around the camera edge even though I followed the instructions, enabled AOD, granted the necessary permsissions, made all the settings, restarted the phone several times and even bought the pro version etc. I did install the software update before installing the app though.
I've run out of ideas how to fix this. Could you please help?

Update: uninstalled and reinstalled app, which seemed to fix the non-show issue. However, the notification only blinks 2 or 3 times before stopping as opposed to the 30-minute period set. What should I do differently?

Last edited:

eyalsa

Aug 21, 2017
@Jawomo
Thank you, a lot, for this wonderful app. It works fine on my S22U.

I do miss an easy way to toggle AOD from "on notifications" to "always on". Before installing aodNotify I did it with Bixby routine, but aodNotify request Samsung AOD configuration to be always on. I did try to kill aodNotify with Tasker, but unfortunately this cancel the accessibility permission as well.
The best is if you can add a tasker plugin, that will let me to toggle enabling aodNotify.

Thanks

Eyal

Khiraji

Dec 11, 2010
Portland, OR
Cool app! Working great on my S908U. I'm coming from an ancient LG V20 and really missed the sort of proto-aod that phone had via its "second screen", and this fills the gap pretty well. Happily bought the full version.

Thank you!

Hi i really hate to say this bcs i love your app and bought the premium, but somehow its really draining the battery on my SM-S908E.

Been using it for a week and i noticed my phone battery goes down much faster than usual even when i sleep at night. So I use Battery Guru and it says battery drains 8.6%/hr (Screen Off). After i uninstalled Aod Notify, battery drain reading goes down to 1.6%/hr (screen off).

Is there some settings in the AOD Notify App i should change to prevent battery drain? Please advise. Thank you

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
Hi i really hate to say this bcs i love your app and bought the premium, but somehow its really draining the battery on my SM-S908E.

Been using it for a week and i noticed my phone battery goes down much faster than usual even when i sleep at night. So I use Battery Guru and it says battery drains 8.6%/hr (Screen Off). After i uninstalled Aod Notify, battery drain reading goes down to 1.6%/hr (screen off).

Is there some settings in the AOD Notify App i should change to prevent battery drain? Please advise. Thank you
Are you getting lots of notifications overnight or it's just draining your battery with screen off. There are several battery saving settings in the app but they are more related to how it will display the notification cause that is when the maximum battery consumption occurs (due to the screen being lit).

For me app is performing fine, haven't noticed any battery drain, and it's not even in the "never sleeping" apps.

Are you getting lots of notifications overnight or it's just draining your battery with screen off. There are several battery saving settings in the app but they are more related to how it will display the notification cause that is when the maximum battery consumption occurs (due to the screen being lit).

For me app is performing fine, haven't noticed any battery drain, and it's not even in the "never sleeping" apps.
No i don't get lots of notifications. Just normal phone usage, put most of my apps in deep sleep except social media apps and chat apps, using it once in every 1 to 2 hours (you know, casual phone usage).

Yes its draining my battery with screen off....

In the app, I turned off Notification Preview etc. Only camera ring light is on for notification. I also put AOD to "Show for new Notification".

Idk why :(

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
I have it like this, with stamina mode and AoD set to show then tap to show...but I also have it follow do not disturb and I have my phone in DnD mode overnight...

Screenshot_20220814_105329_aodNotify.jpg
Screenshot_20220814_105228_aodNotify.jpg

eyalsa

Aug 21, 2017
Does anyone know if there is an option to switch the 4 general modes (Don’t show; only on notification; tap to show; Show always) by Shell command?

I like to switch the mode by either Tasker or XposedEdge.

I have it like this, with stamina mode and AoD set to show then tap to show...but I also have it follow do not disturb and I have my phone in DnD mode overnight...

View attachment 5685427View attachment 5685429
Ahhh.... i set the Screen Off display time at 24 hrs. Maybe i can try just by setting it to 2 minutes like you.

But does letting it on for a long time hurts that much screen off battery? Still a bit too draining don't you think?

Decrease by 8% per hour with screen off is still too much...

Deiviz1984

Dec 29, 2013
Madrid
Very good app, I love it!

I would like to suggest some improvements that I think can make your app still better:

1. If the brightness could be changed just for the animation effect. I mean, if I go to settings-lockscreen-AOD-brightness and set to the maximum level I will get the lights effects more brighter (of course) but the clock will be brighter all the time too draining more battery.

2. The possibility to change between different effects with the screen off and the screen on (for example gravity for screen off and pulse for screen on).

3. Option to set 2 or more colours for the effects not just one colour.

These are just my suggestions, your app is amazing!

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
Ahhh.... i set the Screen Off display time at 24 hrs. Maybe i can try just by setting it to 2 minutes like you.

But does letting it on for a long time hurts that much screen off battery? Still a bit too draining don't you think?

Decrease by 8% per hour with screen off is still too much...
My battery drains with about 5% per night so I guess it's fine

3) Do you have any dark mode planned for the app itself?

3. No plans currently as the app is a one time setup normally. Maybe if i find some free time..

As a long-time PRO user of both the Samsung and OnePlus versions, may I ask whether you have found any free time (I appreciate how unlikely it is that you have been able to do so!)?

In the meantime, using Force Dark Mode under Developer Options works with aodNotify, although it does need to be re-enabled after every reboot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a notification light / LED for your Galaxy S22 Ultra? With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED directly to Samsung's Always On Display!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Galaxy S22 Ultra! As the notification light is integrated in Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

If you don't need the Always On Display, the app can also activate the Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications or show the notification light / LED even without the Always On Display!

With the notification preview feature you can directly see if you have important notifications without waking your Galaxy S22 Ultra!

MAIN FEATURES:
    • Notification light / LED for Galaxy S22 Ultra, Note 20, S20...
    • Low energy notification preview (android 10+)
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES:
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery
    • Minimal battery consumption

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO & INTERVAL - 1.0%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

If there is no notification the app consumes almost 0% battery

DOWNLOAD:

NOTES:
    • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software or always on display!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Samsung Galaxy" is a protected trademark of "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS"
    Thanks for the feedback! Will optimize for S22 soon. Enjoy!

View attachment 5685427View attachment 5685429

Could you tell me what font that is please, really looks cool. Ta

Edit: Nevermind, found it.
    Hi Dev or other users,
    I am a new user here. Would you mind checking below points?

1. I found that this app isn't compatible with the setting of AOD "Show as Scheduled". I have to choose the option of show always in AOD in order to use this app. I usually setup the time for disabling AOD between 11pm to 7am.

2. At the moment, I only use notification preview without lights and set AOD in the app to "only on notification". It's a very perfect choice as the fingerprint icon is still displaying without AOD. As I wish to see the AOD (mainly for battery percentage) while charging so I setup a Bixby routine to do that. I found that it doesn't work when this app is on. The only workaround is to turn on this setting: Notifications>Battery>Phone is charging. However the phone needs to wake up once then display AOD as soon as I plug charging. Is this the only way to achieve my purpose?

3. Is there a way to integrate with face unlook eg the notifications has been set up to hide contents in the settings of Lock Screen. When I look at the notifications, the contents can be displayed.

4. When I swipe notifications away from lock screen, can the number of notifications still displays in the app such as mails or messages apps? At the moment, the unread messages number is cleared after I swipe away the notifications.

Thank you
    1. You can setup a night time directly in aodNotify

2. You can enable charging notification in aodNotify. You see the current charging status in notification preview then

3. 4. Only Samsung can change this

Hope it helps