[AOKP][KK 4.4.2][ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT]

Search This thread

Adi Shakthi

Oct 5, 2011
Everywhere
83.png

Device:Sony Xperia Z2 (SIRIUS)

What is AOKP?
AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?
We were waiting for when you’d ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they’re “baked in” by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone’s settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Click Here to Read About Unique Features

AOKP Feature Overview

AOKP Screenies

81.png

Minimum Requirements To Install ROM

1.Your Device Should be Rooted
2.A Latest Custom recovery Installed like
CWM, TWRP,Philz.

Installation Procedure:

(A)If you are making a Fresh Installation :

Boot Into Recovery Mode
Wipe Data,System,Cache,Dalvik
Flash provide latest Carbon ROM Zip
Again Wipe Cache and Dalvik
Reboot To System
Now again Reboot into Recovery Mode
Flash latest G-Apps
Wipe Cache and Dalvik....and Reboot To System.

(B)Instruction to Flash Updates:

Boot Into Recovery Mode
Flash provided Updates of Carbon ROM(latest weekly/Nightly)
Reboot To System

78.png

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» AOKP Download

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
» AOKP on Github
» SOURCE on AOKP.co

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
» Donation options on AOKP.co

Donate To AudioGod

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
[AOKP][KK 4.4.2][ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
Audio God
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2014-06-02

Created 2014-06-02
Last Updated 2014-06-01

seventieslord

May 12, 2011
What are the known issues?

This ROM looks incredible, by the way. I can't wait to play with all these options.

seventieslord

May 12, 2011
Eh.... No... 402 is from Sony. ;)

Skickat från min Xperia Z2

In that case, do you think it would be possible to include whatever improvements were made to the camera in 402? Apparently it has helped with the overheating.

Of course, I say this having not yet used the camera with and without the update, and knowing that this ROM doesn't have camera working yet...

Sent from my LG-E971 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

skitty

Jul 17, 2005
No, as this isn't Sony's firmware and doesn't use Sony's camera app. You'd have to port their app to aosp

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

seventieslord

May 12, 2011
Ahh, OK.

Do you need their camera app to record 4k video?

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

And my previous post was not asking about improvements to the camera app, but to its firmware.

skitty

Jul 17, 2005
Unless a play store app does 4k, yes

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

seventieslord

May 12, 2011
what are the differences between this and CM? I've always seen CM as the gold standard of roms, and it's hard to imagine a rom improving on this. I understand this is based on CM. What has been added to the CM build? What is maybe not as strong as in CM, or missing that CM features?

Reactions: waynekirby

3f1f37

Feb 16, 2011
Cape Town
what are the differences between this and CM? I've always seen CM as the gold standard of roms, and it's hard to imagine a rom improving on this. I understand this is based on CM. What has been added to the CM build? What is maybe not as strong as in CM, or missing that CM features?

AOKP is CM on streroids...

AOKP is based on AOSP like CM but it has many under the hood tweaks and that enhances the user experience but it depends on you and what you want the devices to do. The feature list is extensive and there are too many to list but it comes down to prefernce and what you as the user wants to do with the device.

CM is based on AOSP with minor additions to enhance the user experience.

Reactions: seventieslord

seventieslord

May 12, 2011

AOKP is based on AOSP like CM but it has many under the hood tweaks and that enhances the user experience but it depends on you and what you want the devices to do. The feature list is extensive and there are too many to list but it comes down to prefernce and what you as the user wants to do with the device.

Perfect, that is the impression that I had as well but I wanted to be sure.

Fingers crossed daily for a camera fix... don't need MFC but the camera is essential. I'll pay big bucks for this ROM, I've been missing awesome roms for 2 years now.

cchant

May 11, 2010
Perfect, that is the impression that I had as well but I wanted to be sure.

Fingers crossed daily for a camera fix... don't need MFC but the camera is essential. I'll pay big bucks for this ROM, I've been missing awesome roms for 2 years now.

Camera and touch screen bug after reboot etc keep this and all other AOSP ROMS from being daily drivers. Once someone figures that out we'll see a lot more development I bet

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    83.png

Device:Sony Xperia Z2 (SIRIUS)

What is AOKP?
    AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?
    We were waiting for when you’d ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they’re “baked in” by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone’s settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Click Here to Read About Unique Features

AOKP Feature Overview

AOKP Screenies

81.png

Minimum Requirements To Install ROM

1.Your Device Should be Rooted
    2.A Latest Custom recovery Installed like
    CWM, TWRP,Philz.

Installation Procedure:

(A)If you are making a Fresh Installation :

Boot Into Recovery Mode
    Wipe Data,System,Cache,Dalvik
    Flash provide latest Carbon ROM Zip
    Reboot To System
    Now again Reboot into Recovery Mode
    Flash latest G-Apps
    Wipe Cache and Dalvik....and Reboot To System.

(B)Instruction to Flash Updates:

Boot Into Recovery Mode
    Flash provided Updates of Carbon ROM(latest weekly/Nightly)
    Reboot To System

78.png

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» AOKP Download

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » SOURCE on AOKP.co

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donation options on AOKP.co

Donate To AudioGod

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [AOKP][KK 4.4.2][ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
    Audio God
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2014-06-02

Created 2014-06-02
    Last Updated 2014-06-01
    Credits

Credits

AOKP TEAM For AOKP Source And Allowing Me to Build

a2441918 For Supporting & Helping Me In My Busy Times

Team Sonic-Developers You Guys Always Rock