Search This thread

championswimmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
android.championswimmer.tk
AOKP MM 6.0.1 unofficial + nightly + official

DISCLAIMER
You need to have an unlocked bootloader to use this ROM & kernel. Also I or any contributor in the software DOES NOT take responsibility of damages caused to your phone due to this ROM.

83.png

81.png

1. Copy ROM zip and gapps zip to sdcard
2. Flash any kernel which has recovery (Use the boot.img in this ROM - It has TWRP)
3. Reboot device and go to recovery by pressing Vol-UP when LED is pink
4. If coming from 5.1 or below ROM wipedata/factory reset your phone
5. Flash ROM zip
6. Flash OpenGapps ARM zip
7. Reboot and enjoy.

80.png

Official NIghtlies (automatically built every 4-5 days) :
Basketbuild

Unofficial Test Builds (will contain experimental changes for testing) :
Mirror : Uploaded.to
Mirror : self hosted

Gapps :
http://opengapps.org

79.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to AOKP

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
78.png

Latest merges on Gerrit

http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/sony+status:merged,n,z
82.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

CREDITS

Thanks to all device maintainers of Sony devices on CM/AOKP/Omni/PA/PAC as everyone working on the device helps each other into making better ROMs.
Also thanks to Sony Mobile for being so helpful to developers.

XDA:DevDB Information
AOKP MM 6.0.1 unofficial + nightly + official, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Contributors
championswimmer
Source Code: http://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2016-02-09
Last Updated 2016-03-10

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
A quick test of the rom. First time I try any MM rom on my own device.

Working

Root
Sms+call (from earpiece and and mainspeaker)
Mobile data
Compass+GPS+Glonass (tested with gps status and Maps)
Video playback (tested with Vine)
Audio playback (tested with Spotify)
Main speaker
3.5mm port (tested with Bose headset)
Microphone internal+external on headset (tested with audio recorder app)

Not working

Wifi (Switch remains off)
Bluetooth (turns on but does not find any devices)
Camera
Some of the Live Wallpapers gives FC

Notes:

Animation is not very smooth if you swipe fast. For example pulling down the notification bar it stutters.
Video playback is very smooth in Vine app. Video replays seamlessl without any delay.
Did not try NFC.

Klaos3000

Sep 17, 2015
Just nitpicking here, but "AOKP MM 6.0.1 unofficial + nightly + official". You should probably make up your mind :p Updating the current banner would probably be a good idea since it's from the JB/KK days.

championswimmer

Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
Just nitpicking here, but "AOKP MM 6.0.1 unofficial + nightly + official". You should probably make up your mind :p Updating the current banner would probably be a good idea since it's from the JB/KK days.
Because I am the one who's making both unofficial and official builds ;)
For now no official builds have started unless we get camera working

qwasz123

Jul 30, 2010
THANK YOU!

This is amazing! I've been getting fed up with my Xperia Z Ultra though this should hold me out until March when the rumored Xperia Z Ultras will be announced! The second Bluetooth comes online I'll throw this on my device.

I'm happy to have AOKP back online. Do you have any tutorials or suggestions to a Computer Scientist to get into Rom building/helping with the community?

PDesire

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Hello @championswimmer

Is it okay for you and the AOKP team that I can use this ROM as base for my ROM?

My plan it is to give the crowd the update to 6.0.1 from "Sony" by porting the Z5 MM apps to Z Ultra, I need a 6.0.1 as base and this ROM could make it better/best Sony ROM ever, better than Z5 will get :) and the Z5 won't get that features which we get with AOKP combined with Sony apps ;)

I hope I get the permission :)

Your PDesire

Reactions: bavmouse

championswimmer

Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
Hello @championswimmer

Is it okay for you and the AOKP team that I can use this ROM as base for my ROM?

My plan it is to give the crowd the update to 6.0.1 from "Sony" by porting the Z5 MM apps to Z Ultra, I need a 6.0.1 as base and this ROM could make it better/best Sony ROM ever, better than Z5 will get :) and the Z5 won't get that features which we get with AOKP combined with Sony apps ;)

Your PDesire
Sure go ahead

qwasz123

Jul 30, 2010
Just tried the latest version from your site, the rom doesn't have WiFi or Mobile working (cannot find sim card nor turn on WiFi).

Installed latest FTF with modem, and tried installing the rom multiple different ways, from different recoveries including the recovery in the kernel for this rom (which I flash prior and after installing). The download is not corrupted either... anything you would suggest I test out?

*Edit: Seems that the Mac Address is incorrect. WiFi gets stuck turning on. Also Asks for Cyanogenmod Features during Setup, I wiped the phone prior to installation but I was on a CM 12 nightly.

varmtkaffe

Feb 18, 2015
Just tried the latest version from your site, the rom doesn't have WiFi or Mobile working (cannot find sim card nor turn on WiFi).

Installed latest FTF with modem, and tried installing the rom multiple different ways, from different recoveries including the recovery in the kernel for this rom (which I flash prior and after installing). The download is not corrupted either... anything you would suggest I test out?

*Edit: Seems that the Mac Address is incorrect. WiFi gets stuck turning on. Also Asks for Cyanogenmod Features during Setup, I wiped the phone prior to installation but I was on a CM 12 nightly.

I get the same result as you.
Neither wifi, bluetooth or modem is working.
Trying the previous version atleast it had working modem, so this new version is actually a regression over the first version.

Grari135

Aug 19, 2014
How do I replace the recovery? The recovery built in with the ROM can't read the external storage making me unable to use any backups in case of a brick. I've flashed an recovery.img in recoverg and the xzudualrecovery as well and used fastboot to flash a recovery.img aswell. Pls help

E90 Commie

Feb 5, 2009
New York
Regarding the WiFi/BT MAC address: I can't speak for MM but several CM based LP ROMs suffer from problems caused by a lack of the files under /data/etc where those addresses are stored.

By extracting them from a stock ROM with Root Explorer followed by creation and copying them to the proper folder on the new ROM, both BT and WiFi goes back to full operation.

It is possible that the problem on the MM ROMs are similar in nature.

Grari135

Aug 19, 2014
Hello @championswimmer

Your PDesire

Sounds Very interesting

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP MM 6.0.1 unofficial + nightly + official

DISCLAIMER
    You need to have an unlocked bootloader to use this ROM & kernel. Also I or any contributor in the software DOES NOT take responsibility of damages caused to your phone due to this ROM.

83.png

81.png

1. Copy ROM zip and gapps zip to sdcard
    2. Flash any kernel which has recovery (Use the boot.img in this ROM - It has TWRP)
    3. Reboot device and go to recovery by pressing Vol-UP when LED is pink
    4. If coming from 5.1 or below ROM wipedata/factory reset your phone
    5. Flash ROM zip
    6. Flash OpenGapps ARM zip
    7. Reboot and enjoy.

80.png

Official NIghtlies (automatically built every 4-5 days) :
    Basketbuild

Unofficial Test Builds (will contain experimental changes for testing) :
    Mirror : Uploaded.to
    Mirror : self hosted

Gapps :
    http://opengapps.org

79.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to AOKP

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    78.png

Latest merges on Gerrit

http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/sony+status:merged,n,z
    82.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

CREDITS

Thanks to all device maintainers of Sony devices on CM/AOKP/Omni/PA/PAC as everyone working on the device helps each other into making better ROMs.
    Also thanks to Sony Mobile for being so helpful to developers.

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP MM 6.0.1 unofficial + nightly + official, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Contributors
    championswimmer
    Source Code: http://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2016-02-09
    Last Updated 2016-03-10
    A quick test of the rom. First time I try any MM rom on my own device.

Working

Root
    Sms+call (from earpiece and and mainspeaker)
    Mobile data
    Compass+GPS+Glonass (tested with gps status and Maps)
    Video playback (tested with Vine)
    Audio playback (tested with Spotify)
    Main speaker
    3.5mm port (tested with Bose headset)
    Microphone internal+external on headset (tested with audio recorder app)

Not working

Wifi (Switch remains off)
    Bluetooth (turns on but does not find any devices)
    Camera
    Some of the Live Wallpapers gives FC

Notes:

Animation is not very smooth if you swipe fast. For example pulling down the notification bar it stutters.
    Video playback is very smooth in Vine app. Video replays seamlessl without any delay.
    Did not try NFC.
    What about camera? Is it fixed?
    Soon.

There are some preview flickers with using the new sony open source hal

We are trying to fix that. Next release will have camera
    new builds up. wifi/baseband working

laggy camera too :p (will improve in coming days)
    New build up. Wifi and Bluetooth should be working now