AOSiP 8.1 [Official]

Search This thread

Feimitsu

Aug 6, 2013
Budapest
Unfortunately, I am getting few random reboots, June build was rock stable in this regard. I'll give it some more time to let it stabilize itself. Maybe something related to the updated PowerHAL?

wavedashdoc

Mar 9, 2011
Unfortunately, I am getting few random reboots, June build was rock stable in this regard. I'll give it some more time to let it stabilize itself. Maybe something related to the updated PowerHAL?

No random reboots on my end. What were you doing when they happened? Are you on the latest TWRP?

Elektroschmock

Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Winnenden
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 6

beeewell

Apr 25, 2012
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3a
I'm on 10+ hours no reboots (no SIM card). Anyone else having this issue?

Installed last night, and in use all day. No reboots, but in case there's any issue with GPS, I'll mention that I routinely keep location services off, and only turn it on when needed.

Thanks again wavedashdoc and Elektroschmock!! Great job!!

Last edited:
Reactions: wavedashdoc

relaxable

Feb 9, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel Fold
New ROM update:

- November Security Patch

Download

Thanks!
I'm trying it both as a clean install and a dirty flash & both seem to run OK.
Wondering: Why is the file size of the ROM about 100MB smaller than (pre June-19?) releases?

On my dirty - I had something happen that causes Media Services (mediascanner service) to crash at boot. I know it's something I/an app did at some point as it doesn't happen on a clean flash - but if anyone has a clue I'd appreciate idea - Logcat complains: "Background start not allowed service intent (cmp=com.android.providers.media/,MediaScannerService (has extras) ) to com.android.providers.media/.MediaScannerService from pid=#### uid=10001 pgk=com.android.providers.media (This was happening before the dirty flash on older AOSip as well.) This prevents any USB file transfers (the connection is recognized, and the media process crashes if MTP selected). Have to boot to recovery or bootloader if I want to transfer files via USB. Sometime earlier, this would happen intermittently, now like 100%. )

Last edited:

wavedashdoc

Mar 9, 2011
New build.

Fixes download crash that was introduced with the Nov Security Patch.
Improved Thermals
Many repos replaced with updated Lineage Repos
Many updates to bring AOSiP device tree and vendor inline with current Lineage 15.1

*** This update build introduces a strange behavior at first boot. Give the Device about 3-5 Google Logo flashes, then the device will move to the boot animation and boot. further reboots will not do this, seems to only happen on the first boot***

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261650241

Last edited:

joseavazquez

Nov 3, 2013
Cayey
Is VoLTE is enabled in this rom? Every time I receive or make a call it goes to 3g or H+. Thanks for such great rom really appreciate your efforts to keep Shamu alive.

wavedashdoc

Mar 9, 2011
Is VoLTE is enabled in this rom? Every time I receive or make a call it goes to 3g or H+. Thanks for such great rom really appreciate your efforts to keep Shamu alive.

I'm not using Shamu as my daily driver, so I hadn't tested calls. Its probably from one of the lineage repos I brought in that might have broken VoLTE. I can revert back those that may be responsible. Can you access the hidden phone menu and manually activate VoLTE and then make a call?

Reactions: cujo6801

joseavazquez

Nov 3, 2013
Cayey
I'm not using Shamu as my daily driver, so I hadn't tested calls. Its probably from one of the lineage repos I brought in that might have broken VoLTE. I can revert back those that may be responsible. Can you access the hidden phone menu and manually activate VoLTE and then make a call?
Thanks for your quick response. VoLTE is enabled in the hidden phone menu and in settings. Made a couple of calls and stills goes to 3g.

wavedashdoc

Mar 9, 2011
Thanks for your quick response. VoLTE is enabled in the hidden phone menu and in settings. Made a couple of calls and stills goes to 3g.

So I popped in my Verizon sim and was able to make a call with VoLTE without an issue. I did however have to check in "settings" -> "network & internet" -> "mobile network" -> "advanced" -> and change preferred network type from 3G to LTE/CDMA.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: cujo6801

joseavazquez

Nov 3, 2013
Cayey
So I popped in my Verizon sim and was able to make a call with VoLTE without an issue. I did however have to check in "settings" -> "network & internet" -> "mobile network" -> "advanced" -> and change preferred network type from 3G to LTE/CDMA.

Please let me know if this works for you.
I already have chosen that option try to received a couple of phone calls still drops to 3g H+ by way I'm on T-Mobile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Phone_Services_20191202-105955.png
    Screenshot_Phone_Services_20191202-105955.png
    168.7 KB · Views: 169

wavedashdoc

Mar 9, 2011
I already have chosen that option try to received a couple of phone calls still drops to 3g H+ by way I'm on T-Mobile.

Okay. I reverted a change. Let me know if this corrects the issue for you.

Also, this build fixes the startup bug introduced in the last build. The ROM will now boot properly, without delay.

download

cujo6801

Jan 2, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Just checking in..
I haven't checked in a while ...
thanks for all the hard work bro...
DLing now...
I'll do a backup and then clean flash and let you know...

joseavazquez

Nov 3, 2013
Cayey
Okay. I reverted a change. Let me know if this corrects the issue for you.

Also, this build fixes the startup bug introduced in the last build. The ROM will now boot properly, without delay.

download

I dirty flashed the new version. But still have the same problem. Tomorrow will try a fresh install to see if VoLTE works. Maybe my phone is the problem. Anyway thanks for your support and your efforts to help me on with my problem. After i clean install i will post what happens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FZAQhLl2X0i-A19WIqR8BYhNSFsc%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FDr6rSI1.png

Code:
    [CENTER][SIZE="4"]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:

AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on Google AOSP source since 6.0 release.
    Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Brett Montague
    Shreesha Murthy
    Sri Harsha

Bug reporting:

DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Source code:

Latest Downloads:

FAQ and Install instructions:

Reboot into TWRP
    Make a backup just in case of unforeseen issues
    I personally do a clean install every build but dirty flash should be Ok unless otherwise told
    Flash gapps (I personally use open but try whatever you like)
    AOSiP isn't rooted out of the box flash your preferred root solution
    Reboot and enjoy

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSiP, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    camcory, xlxfoxxlx, akhilnarang
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-06-08
    Last Updated 2018-06-08
    P

Its a start!
    Android P

Im asking that we shut down the p talk here. I understand that everyone is excited for this but its far too early and this the AOSiP 8.1 thread. Im partly to blame as I got excited to show early work but lets just keep it 8.1 from here out. Thanks
    Well folks it's been good but looks like I will be trading in the N6 with T-MOBILE for the 6t too good of a deal to pass up. Good luck to everyone and thanks for the fun.

So here's an Android P (pie) (9.0) progress update. Thanks to the help of @camcory I have built the initial p rom from his repo. So lets get right down to what I know you all want to know.

What's working:
    - WiFi
    - Bluetooth
    - Flashlight
    - Night light
    - Rotation
    - Correct battery reporting
    - @Elektroschmock new Power Hal and upstreamed 3.10.108 kernel. (Currently in Permissive (only way it would boot))
    - Root (Magisk 16.7.1)
    - Adaway
    - DRM info is reporting L1 ( Netflix and Youtube TV)
    - 8.1 GAPPs with modified config file to point to SDK 28 and 9.0
    - Advanced Power menu with reboot to System, Bootloader and Recovery.

What's not working:
    - Mobile Data (LTE) (found a potential fix, may be difficult to implement)
    - NFC
    - Video or Audio Playback (currently working on this)
    - Dark mode for quick settings

Initial impressions after playing with it for a day:
    - Extremely fast boot-up (around 5 seconds, even after a clean flash)
    - Extremely smooth ( Animations are fluid, very few dropped frames) As smooth if not smoother than any current 8.1 ROM.
    - No random reboots at all.

DO NOT ask @camcory or myself for an ETA for release. If you have any other questions about the ROM I'd be happy to answer them if I haven't covered them above.

Thanks of course to @camcory . This guy is outstanding :good: