[AOSP 10.0] [2019-12-06] Quack Phh-Treble

Search This thread

JuanM2020

Nov 25, 2019
Google released android 11 arm64 ab .

For clarification. Google released a developer version of Android 11. No where near complete or anything a user/custom rom developer would like to use. It is simply released so app developers and the sorts can start getting a piece of the pie to see how it works with there apps. Official stable release won't be till around the third quarter of this year.

Last edited:

rajaumarfarooq

Jan 10, 2010
Rawalpindi
hmmmm... I think I flashed the Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt once a log time ago via TWRP, but haven't had TWRP installed for a while, and regularly use the method I provided. Does this mean that the Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt sticks, even when going back to Stock ROM?
the changes will be reverted when you flash stock rom and also if you only install vendor image
so you have to flash them again if you going to do either any of the above

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

how to fix device unauthorized after using securize and getting rid of root
before that device was recognized and usable with adb

spancor

Jan 7, 2019
Soo after a while I've managed to get TWRP and the rom onto my umidigi one pro, and I am now struggling to get magisk installed on it, after flashing zip in TWRP and rebooting, it gets stuck on android logo.

Separately, I have tried using SP flash tool to flash a patched boot.img that I got from magisk manager (patched the stock boot.img) and I still get the same result.
Is it because I used a boot image from a stock rom (ie not android 10), or does anyone have any other ideas why this is?? Thanks! :)

hojnikb

Dec 25, 2009
Celje
partis.tk
How to flash via fastboot? I tried fastboot -u flash imagename and fastboot flash system imagename and no option is working?
thats on ulefone s1 (same as blackview a20)

So i was able to recover my device and tried flashing this rom via sp tool. Using stock everying but system image as this rom, i get a reset as soon as the room should be booting...

darren1

Oct 31, 2010
Soo after a while I've managed to get TWRP and the rom onto my umidigi one pro, and I am now struggling to get magisk installed on it, after flashing zip in TWRP and rebooting, it gets stuck on android logo.

Separately, I have tried using SP flash tool to flash a patched boot.img that I got from magisk manager (patched the stock boot.img) and I still get the same result.
Is it because I used a boot image from a stock rom (ie not android 10), or does anyone have any other ideas why this is?? Thanks! :)

Try flashing phhusson's modded magisk via TWRP. You can download it from his GitHub page here

https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases/download/v200/magisk-phh.zip

Reactions: spancor

spancor

Jan 7, 2019
Try flashing phhusson's modded magisk via TWRP. You can download it from his GitHub page here

https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases/download/v200/magisk-phh.zip

Legend thanks I'll try that!

UPDATE: Now have LineageOS 17.1, TWRP and Magisk (woo!!!), will it break if I update magisk through manager? And does anyone know how to stop my device automatically encrypting? I have formatted data partition in TWRP, all worked, but as soon as I reboot to system the first screen I see is the wee android and some text saying encrypting android, so I can't get my data partition to stay formatted :(

Last edited:

djlukas1983

Aug 20, 2009
thank you very much, works

another question, there is no option to assign different ringtone to different sim (o maybe i can't find)

there is a workaround or an app?

bye
Could you tell me how this GSI works on P20 lite? Does the camera Work? Can you setup your fingerprints?

Jazzda

Sep 18, 2019
Ask google

UPDATE: Now have LineageOS 17.1, TWRP and Magisk (woo!!!), will it break if I update magisk through manager? And does anyone know how to stop my device automatically encrypting? I have formatted data partition in TWRP, all worked, but as soon as I reboot to system the first screen I see is the wee android and some text saying encrypting android, so I can't get my data partition to stay formatted :(
Updating magisk through manager broke my phone. I could't find the "uninstall" option in the new interface so I tried magisk_uninstaller.zip within TWRP but it did not work. From then on the phone always booted to twrp. I had to flash stock rom to make it work again :(

I'm now planing my next move but have so many doubts.
First I want to get rid of encryption but I'm not sure what to do.
Second I have doubts about the real advantage of using android 10 as I believe that lots of issues I had was related to it.
My goal is simply to maximize battery life and getting rid of google and their "services" or any kind of "online account". I believe I don't even need microg.
Root is nice because it makes me feel that the phone is really mine.

I tried /e/, Lineage 17, and a few others, ending with this one (v210).
I trust phhusson, so, what GSI should I pick? Is /e/ still a good option for android 9, even if somewhat outdated? (my phone is a Redmi 7A).

Last edited:

spancor

Jan 7, 2019
Updating magisk through manager broke my phone. I could't find the "uninstall" option in the new interface so I tried magisk_uninstaller.zip within TWRP but it did not work. From then on the phone always booted to twrp. I had to flash stock rom to make it work again :(

I'm now planing my next move but have so many doubts.
First I want to get rid of encryption but I'm not sure what to do.
Second I have doubts about the real advantage of using android 10 as I believe that lots of issues I had was related to it.
My goal is simply to maximize battery life and getting rid of google and their "services" or any kind of "online account". I believe I don't even need microg.
Root is nice because it makes me feel that the phone is really mine.

I tried /e/, Lineage 17, and a few others.
I trust phhusson, so, what GSI should I pick? Is /e/ still a good option, even if somewhat outdated?

So far, what I've done was flash TWRP for a start, flashed the lineage 17 system image and moved magisk zip from phhusson and gapps to SD storage. Then I started the phone as normal, turned on debugging etc and rebooted to recovery.
Then I formatted data partition, rebooted to recovery, installed magisk phhusson zip and gapps from TWRP then booted phone as normal. Everything seems to be working so far, just trying to get Ed Xposed sorted now ?

Granted I've only learned how to do all this stuff myself the past few days so could be completely wrong process but it might help ya!

EDIT I realise I completely misinterpreted your post soz lok

Last edited:

plarfman

Dec 24, 2017
Could you tell me how this GSI works on P20 lite? Does the camera Work? Can you setup your fingerprints?

If u have emui 8 vendor fingerprint wont work after restart and when u charge the phone using fast charge it gets uncontrollably hot also YouTube sound will stutter a lot 113k score on antutu

If u have emui 9.1 vendor fingerprint will work without any problems even after reboot, it unlocks faster than stock emui, the phone will not be hot using fast charge and i get 114k score on antutu

Battery life on both vendors drains a bit faster but thats just emuis good battery optimisation

The rom is unusabke on emui 8 vendor, aosp 9 phh is good on emui 8 vendor tho

Reactions: djlukas1983

djlukas1983

Aug 20, 2009
If u have emui 8 vendor fingerprint wont work after restart and when u charge the phone using fast charge it gets uncontrollably hot also YouTube sound will stutter a lot 113k score on antutu

If u have emui 9.1 vendor fingerprint will work without any problems even after reboot, it unlocks faster than stock emui, the phone will not be hot using fast charge and i get 114k score on antutu

Battery life on both vendors drains a bit faster but thats just emuis good battery optimisation

The rom is unusabke on emui 8 vendor, aosp 9 phh is good on emui 8 vendor tho
Thanks for the answer. I'm p20 Pro user. But if it works well on P20 lite I think it should work the same on the PRO model too with the Emui 9.1 vendor.

jwarrior319

Aug 22, 2015
Black Creek, wi
LG V60 ThinQ
OnePlus 8T

Try flashing the disable force encrypt zip file in this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr...p-10-0-quack-phh-treble-t3992559/post81808389

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using XDA Labs

eradicator006

Aug 29, 2011
Just flashed v211. What is this green dot on the lockscreen for? If I push it the screen dims and the green dot becomes brighter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200222-155819.jpg
    Screenshot_20200222-155819.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 295

hojnikb

Dec 25, 2009
Celje
partis.tk
So i was able to recover my device and tried flashing this rom via sp tool. Using stock everying but system image as this rom, i get a reset as soon as the room should be booting...

I was able to get twrp working on this device, but when i try to flash img file, twrp only shows boot or recovery option, but not system (obviously these two partitions are not correct and too small anyway).
Any ideas ?

PoochyX

Oct 23, 2016
I was able to get twrp working on this device, but when i try to flash img file, twrp only shows boot or recovery option, but not system (obviously these two partitions are not correct and too small anyway).

Any ideas ?
Old version of twrp ...

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks.
    I did use it, but I still found it a little bit confusing...
    If it mentions no "VNDKlite", just "using VNDK version 29.0", Does it mean I should ignore the vndklite builds?
    vndklite builds also can be use on non-lite vendors, no problems here
    also vndklite (of some GSI) can be mounted as RW, non-lite can't. and some devices have works camera only with lite builds, so i recommend use that one
    Hi all,

Here is the thread about Phh-Treble for Android 10.0, codename Quack.

The goal of Phh-Treble for Android 10.0 is the same as for Android 8.0, 8.1, and 9.0: Bring latest AOSP to the maximum number of devices running Google-certified Treble[1], with full hardware support.

You can download latest release at https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases

Which variant do I pick
    To know which variant to download, use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tk.hack5.treblecheck . Don't use other Treble Check apps, they'll give erronous informations.
    And then, you're free to choose between vanilla and gapps variant.

What works?
    On some devices, everything. They are still not the majority though.

What you can expect on the majority of devices?
    It should boot successfully on pretty much all devices with Google-certified Treble. [1]
    Most features should work on the majority of devices out-of-the-box: RIL, WiFi, brightness control, buttons, gestures, ...
    However, many devices still have issues with hardware video decoding and camera.

Is device XXX supported?
    If it's a Google-certified Treble, yes it is. Unlike Google's GSI, Treble devices supported, there is no exception.
    There might be bugs of course, but if you help me, I'll fix them!

Which vendor to use?
    1. Always use your actual device's vendor
    2. Always use OEM unmodified vendor, not some custom vendor
    3. This includes boot.img. boot.img and vendor MUST BE the same version.
    4. If you're on an Android 8.0 vendor, you'll need to stick to vendors with Security Patch Level before April 2019 (that's a bug of my GSI)

Enjoy!

[1] How do I know my device is Google-certified Treble?
    Well it's easy, if your device has first been released with Oreo or more recent, and it has google apps, it has a Google-certified Treble.
    Please note that this means only the vendor provided by the OEM is certified, not the one from device-specific ROM.
    do you plan on doing it?
    Yes, though I've been planning it for more than a year.
    Just flashed v211. What is this green dot on the lockscreen for? If I push it the screen dims and the green dot becomes brighter.
    Right, that's a fail from me, that will be fixed in next release.
    That's intended for devices with optical under-display fingerprint.
    I'm respinning a v212 to fix that.
    Well not working on V40 with LOS 17 android 10 base... haven't tried with Stock LG Pie base tho....
    Use stock vendor. It is very likely lineage breaks Treble compatibility.

works fine on sony xperia 10 dual sim + android 10 software binaries
    Thanks for the report.
    Could you update https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/ and create a page for your device mentioning your tests?

- adaptive brightness doesnt work, i can change brightness....but the automatic change isnt there....someone get what i mean?
    - battery stats....there is no app data....only the graph
    Those are fairly easy to fix, you just need an overlay, based on infos from stock rom.
    There is a guide there https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/How-to-create-an-overlay? or a quite automatic script there: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/blob/master/overlay/generate.sh though I recommend you join @PHHtreble telegram group so I can help you create it.

ps i would love to continue seeing AOSP+su-nogapps :fingers-crossed:
    I definitely don't plan on obsoleting it. Though i'm interested, may I ask why you're using this one?

ps.: changelog said october security update? in options still september written?
    Yup my bad, that's indeed still september.
    Hopefully next should be proper november.

Its working perfectly. but it would be awesome if the fix was built in
    Well the zip itself is closed-source, I can't integrate it without its sources
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone