[AOSP 10.0] [2019-12-06] Quack Phh-Treble

Search This thread

Ekterm

Nov 9, 2016
Then from twrp retrieve the content of /proc/last_kmsg and /sys/fs/pstore

Tried it again with v215 on my Xiaomi Mix 2S and I hadn't remembered it quite right, the phone actually goes: MI boot logo, black, MI boot logo, fastboot. I hold the volume up button when it turns black but it still goes to fastboot.

I can reboot into TWRP and check these locations you gave, but:
last_kmsg doesn't exist,
pstore folder is empty,
and for good measure last_mcrash contains "none".

Last edited:

ManovSteele

Dec 23, 2014
I'm having trouble removing Superuser. Installed magisk when I flashed this rom (didn't know there was built in root) but I'm failing safetynet even with Magiskhide so I want to disable built-in root.

I click the 'Securize' button and grant root access, but it just hangs and eventually crashes. I then can't use Phh settings until I reboot, and Superuser is still there.
So I think I managed to get around it - having two roots enabled kept crashing the Settings, so I started from scratch without Magisk, then ran Securise, then wiped and installed Magisk.

It's at least passing Basic Integrity now, so I can look at the cts options.

Reactions: ajislav

Eisen2

Aug 19, 2019
Salamanca
No Sound

Dear phhusson,
Could you give me any idea how to fix my problem?
I have a Ulefone Armor 6, MT6771, I have installed AOSP 10.0 v215, and with this update, my device sound bug is not fixed either. No sound. I hope I can pay you for that coffee. Thank you

Kimsimth

Sep 27, 2019
Nanking
Dear phhusson,

Could you give me any idea how to fix my problem?

I have a Ulefone Armor 6, MT6771, I have installed AOSP 10.0 v215, and with this update, my device sound bug is not fixed either. No sound. I hope I can pay you for that coffee. Thank you
If you use magisk, please uninstall it and see whether the sound problem is fixed.

通过我的 Phh-Treble vanilla 上的 Tapatalk发言

txenglan

Sep 26, 2017
Is anyone else getting higher battery drain on this or the last version of this GSI? I have a Umidigi F1 Play which has a pretty big battery and while I still get decent SOT, something is definitely draining the battery faster. I've gone though logcat and examined which apps might be too blame using Accubattery but nothing seems out of the norm.

Battery drain seems to have mysteriously disappeared on my phone. I noticed that the Google app was updated at the same time I noticed the drain had seemingly disappeared so perhaps it was that....

ChessPiece

Jul 4, 2016
Bandung
www.irfanfadilah.com
Looks like MagiskHide doesn't work, it is because SuperSU is installed?

Anyone know what is "Securize" menu actually do? because it's hang on my device.

Is it just removing the SuperSU app? If yes then maybe I could remove it manually using other apps.

Last edited:

drgabrielsy

Jan 25, 2015
AOSP GSI 10 V215 system IMG file system-quack-arm64-aonly-gapps.img.xz
Work perfect on Huawei Gr5 2017 bln-l21 rebranded to bln-l22
Issues were as many devices
-No offline charging I tried the fix but had no chance to work.
-Battery state error the device turns off when battery at 12% but actually it's 0
-Some times when working with heavy application it freezes and UI system not responding message pops up till I do force power off.
- Brightness control isn't accurate it's high too much
- Google Assistant hot word doesn't work and can't activate option
-In about menu device unknown , hardware unknown How can I change this values with Root explorer ?
Thanks you for this nice work.

Last edited:

Gilbot

Jul 29, 2010
Milpitas
v215 mostly works with Verizon on my Pixel 3 XL, only visual voicemail and receiving sms and mms don't work. Is there a fix?

Edit: Would an MVNO that uses Verizon's network be easier to activate?

Are you able to make voice calls over LTE? I can't seem to get Voice/MMS/SMS on a Galaxy Note 10+ with a verizon sim in. Data works, but the rest doesn't.

Ekterm

Nov 9, 2016
Tried it again with v215 on my Xiaomi Mix 2S and I hadn't remembered it quite right, the phone actually goes: MI boot logo, black, MI boot logo, fastboot. I hold the volume up button when it turns black but it still goes to fastboot.

I can reboot into TWRP and check these locations you gave, but:
last_kmsg doesn't exist,
pstore folder is empty,
and for good measure last_mcrash contains "none".
Bump. @phhusson what can I do next?

R3xXDA

Oct 11, 2018
I installed one of the first versions successfully on Doogee S55. My question is: if I flash newer version will the phone retain its settings or will go back to factory mode? Thank you.

darren1

Oct 31, 2010
I installed one of the first versions successfully on Doogee S55. My question is: if I flash newer version will the phone retain its settings or will go back to factory mode? Thank you.

I was looking at the Doogee S range this morning, what's your experience with this ROM any problems?

R3xXDA

Oct 11, 2018
I was looking at the Doogee S range this morning, what's your experience with this ROM any problems?

My son is using it - mainly to play games, watching Youtube, some videoconferencing to school. There is no SIM installed in it. So far I do not know about any problems. The only thing I am lacking a bit is TWRP for this phone. The one supposedly for it is too large to fit into the partition.

Reactions: darren1

Fatact

Mar 21, 2020
Lille
unable to call on AOSP 10

Hello hello , I have a serious problem with GSI AOSP 10 ROM, I can't call anybody :( .
As soon as I make a call, it immediately stops saying "call ended". When i go to the call settings it says "Network or SIM card error". My SIM card works fine on other devices and when I switch back to a stock ROM, I can call again :mad: .
In the network settings, the automatic search does not find anything, and when I search manually, it takes a long time until I find my network (Bouygue Telecom in France), but after that I can't still call. However, I can still send SMS and use 4G :eek: . I have this problem with all other GSIs ROMs like Lineage OS 17.1 or Havoc OS :rolleyes: ....

I don't know what to do :confused: , someone would have any idea please :highfive: ??

Reactions: joefloater

CodingAddict704

Mar 29, 2017
installed the GSI on my rebranded honor 6X and other than the known issues it's been great but i had this interesting thing happen to me, when i went into the settings to remove the preinstalled superuser i pressed "securize" which resulted in my phone rebooting and the superuser app being removed but the device still fails both safety-net checks (basic and CTS).
does anyone know why is this happening and whether installing magisk would fix it ?

(BTW thank's a lot for making this GSI because it saved me hard because all pie ROMS that were available to my device had the BLE issue and i couldn't use my mi band but now thanks to you i can use it :D)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks.
    I did use it, but I still found it a little bit confusing...
    If it mentions no "VNDKlite", just "using VNDK version 29.0", Does it mean I should ignore the vndklite builds?
    vndklite builds also can be use on non-lite vendors, no problems here
    also vndklite (of some GSI) can be mounted as RW, non-lite can't. and some devices have works camera only with lite builds, so i recommend use that one
    Hi all,

Here is the thread about Phh-Treble for Android 10.0, codename Quack.

The goal of Phh-Treble for Android 10.0 is the same as for Android 8.0, 8.1, and 9.0: Bring latest AOSP to the maximum number of devices running Google-certified Treble[1], with full hardware support.

You can download latest release at https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases

Which variant do I pick
    To know which variant to download, use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tk.hack5.treblecheck . Don't use other Treble Check apps, they'll give erronous informations.
    And then, you're free to choose between vanilla and gapps variant.

What works?
    On some devices, everything. They are still not the majority though.

What you can expect on the majority of devices?
    It should boot successfully on pretty much all devices with Google-certified Treble. [1]
    Most features should work on the majority of devices out-of-the-box: RIL, WiFi, brightness control, buttons, gestures, ...
    However, many devices still have issues with hardware video decoding and camera.

Is device XXX supported?
    If it's a Google-certified Treble, yes it is. Unlike Google's GSI, Treble devices supported, there is no exception.
    There might be bugs of course, but if you help me, I'll fix them!

Which vendor to use?
    1. Always use your actual device's vendor
    2. Always use OEM unmodified vendor, not some custom vendor
    3. This includes boot.img. boot.img and vendor MUST BE the same version.
    4. If you're on an Android 8.0 vendor, you'll need to stick to vendors with Security Patch Level before April 2019 (that's a bug of my GSI)

Enjoy!

[1] How do I know my device is Google-certified Treble?
    Well it's easy, if your device has first been released with Oreo or more recent, and it has google apps, it has a Google-certified Treble.
    Please note that this means only the vendor provided by the OEM is certified, not the one from device-specific ROM.
    do you plan on doing it?
    Yes, though I've been planning it for more than a year.
    Just flashed v211. What is this green dot on the lockscreen for? If I push it the screen dims and the green dot becomes brighter.
    Right, that's a fail from me, that will be fixed in next release.
    That's intended for devices with optical under-display fingerprint.
    I'm respinning a v212 to fix that.
    Well not working on V40 with LOS 17 android 10 base... haven't tried with Stock LG Pie base tho....
    Use stock vendor. It is very likely lineage breaks Treble compatibility.

works fine on sony xperia 10 dual sim + android 10 software binaries
    Thanks for the report.
    Could you update https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/ and create a page for your device mentioning your tests?

- adaptive brightness doesnt work, i can change brightness....but the automatic change isnt there....someone get what i mean?
    - battery stats....there is no app data....only the graph
    Those are fairly easy to fix, you just need an overlay, based on infos from stock rom.
    There is a guide there https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/How-to-create-an-overlay? or a quite automatic script there: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/blob/master/overlay/generate.sh though I recommend you join @PHHtreble telegram group so I can help you create it.

ps i would love to continue seeing AOSP+su-nogapps :fingers-crossed:
    I definitely don't plan on obsoleting it. Though i'm interested, may I ask why you're using this one?

ps.: changelog said october security update? in options still september written?
    Yup my bad, that's indeed still september.
    Hopefully next should be proper november.

Its working perfectly. but it would be awesome if the fix was built in
    Well the zip itself is closed-source, I can't integrate it without its sources
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone