[AOSP 10.0] [2019-12-06] Quack Phh-Treble

Search This thread

MIcHiJK

Feb 13, 2016
Unknown
Can i help you with some logs or something to fix the camera on huawei devices?
Also my signal icon is forever 2 bars and it doesnt change, launcher is messed up a little bit with the search bar, google search bar on homescreen is old for some reason, and the rom doesnt have night light(yellow tint).
Also device is charging slow but the battery drain is amazing, woke up and lost only 1% battery.
performance is amazing, better than official roms for my device.

Next patch when :p ?

p8 lite 2017, android 8 vendor.

Is this fix not working?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr...p-10-0-quack-phh-treble-t3992559/post80744579

immerblind

Oct 16, 2012
Paradise City
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
v202 on Honor 9
-SD Card doesnt work, it asks to format, but doesnt work still after doing so.

Format your sd card to fat32 on computer (use a simple sdcard adapter or whatever) after that, my sd card works perfectly fine

AOSP 10.0 v202
system-quack-arm64-ab-vanilla.img.xz

works fine on sony xperia 10 dual sim + android 10 software binaries
camera,data, signal,fingerprint,sound,calls etc...the important stuff....all functional.

- adaptive brightness doesnt work, i can change brightness....but the automatic change isnt there....someone get what i mean?
- battery stats....there is no app data....only the graph
- do not disturb seems not to work...or i have no idea how to set it up properly under android 10 :silly:

daily driver material.

thanks for providing me AOSP+SU without gapps

ps i would love to continue seeing AOSP+su-nogapps :fingers-crossed:

ps.: changelog said october security update? in options still september written?
---updated without wipes,from previous release. no crashes or whatsoever

Last edited:

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
Well not working on V40 with LOS 17 android 10 base... haven't tried with Stock LG Pie base tho....
Use stock vendor. It is very likely lineage breaks Treble compatibility.

Thanks for the report.
Could you update https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/ and create a page for your device mentioning your tests?

- adaptive brightness doesnt work, i can change brightness....but the automatic change isnt there....someone get what i mean?
Those are fairly easy to fix, you just need an overlay, based on infos from stock rom.
There is a guide there https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/How-to-create-an-overlay? or a quite automatic script there: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/blob/master/overlay/generate.sh though I recommend you join @PHHtreble telegram group so I can help you create it.

I definitely don't plan on obsoleting it. Though i'm interested, may I ask why you're using this one?

ps.: changelog said october security update? in options still september written?
Yup my bad, that's indeed still september.
Hopefully next should be proper november.

Its working perfectly. but it would be awesome if the fix was built in
Well the zip itself is closed-source, I can't integrate it without its sources

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
Mi A1

anyone using this Phh Q GSI on Xiaomi Mi A1 ?

I ask because the device is not Google-certified Treble as OP recommends
(it came with Nougat and never got stock vendor).
But it has run Phh O and runs Phh P GSI just fine ...

jackzkj

Oct 7, 2011
uh, that's interesting considering pretty much every gsi on this phone was running off of a xiaomi.eu firmeare... Not even sure it's possible to run it off of chinese vendor / firmware. I'm pretty sure i've never seen it at least. Guess i'll wait for the next stable miui release, it'll likely be based on android 10 and i'll try with that vendor then. In the meanwhile if anyone's currently running a quack gsi on sirius, please hit me up.

Edit: So i've had a look at the xiaomi devices in the treble_experimentations wiki and it looks like mi 8 se is the only one which is only available in china. This might be why we're forced to use xiaomi.eu firmware, as this phone unlike other xiaomi doesn't have a global miui version.

之前的v200b,或者v200c能够进入系统。但是有很多设备不工作。

hbar98

Oct 11, 2010
@phhusson
Using a Huawei Mediapad M5 8.4, SHT-W09, can't seem to boot A only with Quack. I updated to your version 120 on Pie and it works just fine.

I used fastboot erase system, then fastboot flash system (quack), then reboot. First I would get a black screen. Left it there for a good while, then tried rebooting. Still wouldn't boot, so I wiped the cache, rebooted, and got the slowly flashing "Android" logo. Waited about 10 minutes, still nothing. Rebooted back into bootloader, fastboot erase and flash v120, and the tablet booted right into Android.

What am I missing?

darren1

Oct 31, 2010
@phhusson
Using a Huawei Mediapad M5 8.4, SHT-W09, can't seem to boot A only with Quack. I updated to your version 120 on Pie and it works just fine.

I used fastboot erase system, then fastboot flash system (quack), then reboot. First I would get a black screen. Left it there for a good while, then tried rebooting. Still wouldn't boot, so I wiped the cache, rebooted, and got the slowly flashing "Android" logo. Waited about 10 minutes, still nothing. Rebooted back into bootloader, fastboot erase and flash v120, and the tablet booted right into Android.

What am I missing?

It boots on mine, are you using magisk? If you are you have to use the following modded version.

https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases/download/v200/magisk-phh.zip

djlukas1983

Aug 20, 2009
@phhusson

What am I missing?
Try to format data with the stock recovery after the flashing.

rajaumarfarooq

Jan 10, 2010
Rawalpindi
great rom working great on mate 10 lite
camera is fixed with patch provided before
one question
will this rom be able to use the new magisk which s released for android 10 on a only roms or we have to use the moded version provided by the developer

Mhystes

Apr 16, 2018
Nevers
FOD doesn't work on MI 9SE last vendor (and previous) (v202 and 203)

Also Wifi is not working on v203 ( no pb on 202)

Another problem is that the notch is detected like she is huge like on poco f1. Hozerver it's just a teardrop.... Si yo miss lot of space...

EDIT: After flashin last vendor (miui 11) wifi is working on v203 and the notch is seems to be well recognized.

Stiil remain FOD not working ( the green dot appear and i can "press it" but the fingerprint enrollement doesn't work so i can't saved one ).

Last edited:
Reactions: TheNikkoMan

djtechno98

Aug 1, 2014
Rivoli
tried to flash v203 on k20 pro, booting fine, wifi not working, fp works, bluetooth works, audio not work, pop up camera need to force close over terminal like previous android version. So for now, i think is not stable for k20 pro/mi9t pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks.
    I did use it, but I still found it a little bit confusing...
    If it mentions no "VNDKlite", just "using VNDK version 29.0", Does it mean I should ignore the vndklite builds?
    vndklite builds also can be use on non-lite vendors, no problems here
    also vndklite (of some GSI) can be mounted as RW, non-lite can't. and some devices have works camera only with lite builds, so i recommend use that one
    Hi all,

Here is the thread about Phh-Treble for Android 10.0, codename Quack.

The goal of Phh-Treble for Android 10.0 is the same as for Android 8.0, 8.1, and 9.0: Bring latest AOSP to the maximum number of devices running Google-certified Treble[1], with full hardware support.

You can download latest release at https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases

Which variant do I pick
    To know which variant to download, use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tk.hack5.treblecheck . Don't use other Treble Check apps, they'll give erronous informations.
    And then, you're free to choose between vanilla and gapps variant.

What works?
    On some devices, everything. They are still not the majority though.

What you can expect on the majority of devices?
    It should boot successfully on pretty much all devices with Google-certified Treble. [1]
    Most features should work on the majority of devices out-of-the-box: RIL, WiFi, brightness control, buttons, gestures, ...
    However, many devices still have issues with hardware video decoding and camera.

Is device XXX supported?
    If it's a Google-certified Treble, yes it is. Unlike Google's GSI, Treble devices supported, there is no exception.
    There might be bugs of course, but if you help me, I'll fix them!

Which vendor to use?
    1. Always use your actual device's vendor
    2. Always use OEM unmodified vendor, not some custom vendor
    3. This includes boot.img. boot.img and vendor MUST BE the same version.
    4. If you're on an Android 8.0 vendor, you'll need to stick to vendors with Security Patch Level before April 2019 (that's a bug of my GSI)

Enjoy!

[1] How do I know my device is Google-certified Treble?
    Well it's easy, if your device has first been released with Oreo or more recent, and it has google apps, it has a Google-certified Treble.
    Please note that this means only the vendor provided by the OEM is certified, not the one from device-specific ROM.
    do you plan on doing it?
    Yes, though I've been planning it for more than a year.
    Just flashed v211. What is this green dot on the lockscreen for? If I push it the screen dims and the green dot becomes brighter.
    Right, that's a fail from me, that will be fixed in next release.
    That's intended for devices with optical under-display fingerprint.
    I'm respinning a v212 to fix that.
    Well not working on V40 with LOS 17 android 10 base... haven't tried with Stock LG Pie base tho....
    Use stock vendor. It is very likely lineage breaks Treble compatibility.

Thanks for the report.
    Could you update https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/ and create a page for your device mentioning your tests?

Those are fairly easy to fix, you just need an overlay, based on infos from stock rom.
    There is a guide there https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/How-to-create-an-overlay? or a quite automatic script there: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/blob/master/overlay/generate.sh though I recommend you join @PHHtreble telegram group so I can help you create it.

I definitely don't plan on obsoleting it. Though i'm interested, may I ask why you're using this one?

Yup my bad, that's indeed still september.
    Hopefully next should be proper november.

Its working perfectly. but it would be awesome if the fix was built in
    Well the zip itself is closed-source, I can't integrate it without its sources
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone