[AOSP 10.0] [2019-12-06] Quack Phh-Treble

Search This thread

VZTech

Dec 31, 2019
Not sure wht happened in last few builds, but i cant receive sms. Only way to get them is turn airplane mode on, then off, and they come in, then stop again. On redmagic5g.

Reactions: twfs

J_E_F_F

Nov 2, 2013
just installed 219 on a Mi Pad 4, seems super fast BUT the display brightness control does not work, full brightness all the time no matter where the slider is. Same using the settings panel, the brightness does not adjust.

cmglng

Apr 1, 2016
@phhusson (FIXED)how to pass safetynet? I even used MagiskHide Props Config module to change fingerprint but it still fails. Every other GSI I've tried passed cts by using that module. It's extremely bizarre cause all that other GSIs are based on phh, but the actual phh GSI won't pass safetynet?

(V219)

Last edited:

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
@phhusson how to pass safetynet? I even used MagiskHide Props Config module to change fingerprint but it still fails. Every other GSI I've tried passed cts by using that module. It's extremely bizarre cause all that other GSIs are based on phh, but the actual phh GSI won't pass safetynet?

(V219)

You don't need magisk to pass Safetynet, just go in Treble Settings => Misc and click Securize.

cmglng

Apr 1, 2016
You don't need magisk to pass Safetynet, just go in Treble Settings => Misc and click Securize.

When I enable Securize it throws me into a bootloop. Phone boots to recovery instead of system.

Edit: Well I deleted secure file to make the system boot. But it's all good now cause it now passes safetynet. Thanks!

Last edited:

shivangshukla

Aug 8, 2013
kanpur
QA. What does phh stand for ?

QB. I did not understand the vendor section (*) can someone help me and explain it to me in layman terms

* Which vendor to use?
1. Always use your actual device's vendor
2. Always use OEM unmodified vendor, not some custom vendor
3. This includes boot.img. boot.img and vendor MUST BE the same version.
4. If you're on an Android 8.0 vendor, you'll need to stick to vendors with Security Patch Level before April 2019 (that's a bug of my GSI)

QC. In the following site https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases the latest version is AOSP 10.0 v219
there are 24 files in assets. Which file should I download and flash it to my Samsung s10 (beyond1lte) ?

Screenshot of treble app info below

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200607-234426_Treble_Info.png
    Screenshot_20200607-234426_Treble_Info.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

devrieshh

Mar 27, 2011
You have to install a treble info app to find out your phone is A or A/B

so you can install system-quack-arm64-ab-vanilla.img.xz or one of the three downloads above

after you flash one of the above you should flash the vendor.img and boot.img from your original installed stockrom to prevent bootloop (boot.img)and bad behavior( vendor.img)of the flashed rom
so you need to download stock rom from Samsung s10,extract it and take the vendor.img and boot.img out and flash them over your new rom

Last edited:

rajaumarfarooq

Jan 10, 2010
Rawalpindi
Alcatel 1

QB. I did not understand the vendor section (*) can someone help me and explain it to me in layman terms

* Which vendor to use?
4. If you're on an Android 8.0 vendor, you'll need to stick to vendors with Security Patch Level before April 2019 (that's a bug of my GSI)

QC. In the following site https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases the latest version is AOSP 10.0 v219
there are 24 files in assets. Which file should I download and flash it to my Samsung s10 (beyond1lte) ?

Screenshot of treble app info below
hi
here are answers to your questions
always use you actual vendor means always use original firmware vendor if you have original firmware your vendor is original and for boot.img normally for original firmware have that if you have custom rom then install original firmware for safe side and then install this rom and for the security patch it has been fixed as said by Phh
as for which files use the file which is arm64-ab you can use any verient but must end with ab ad should contain only arm 64

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
That's my nick.
GSI uses drivers already on the phone. For best compatibility, it must contain OEM-provided drivers, not some other custom ROM's driver.

Any arm64 ab version.

@phhusson

Just tried installing v217 and v219 on my old Honor V8 Chinese import (great phone btw). In also tried the last but one Pie build

No mobile signal at all on any of them.

If like to give this to my son so how do I get a working radio?

I also cannot use any version later than v217 on my Honor View 10 - no browser works and SMS is totally borked.

What do you need to help me fix?

devrieshh

Mar 27, 2011
@phhusson

Just tried installing v217 and v219 on my old Honor V8 Chinese import (great phone btw). In also tried the last but one Pie build

No mobile signal at all on any of them.

If like to give this to my son so how do I get a working radio?

I also cannot use any version later than v217 on my Honor View 10 - no browser works and SMS is totally borked.

What do you need to help me fix?

My leagoo xrover have the same issue with v218 and v219
The 217 has no problems with that

ron9

Jul 10, 2014
Rasta
AOSP 10 v129. Oneplus 6.

Can send sms, but not receive.
Is it possible to get fast charge (oneplus Dash) working?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Here is the thread about Phh-Treble for Android 10.0, codename Quack.

The goal of Phh-Treble for Android 10.0 is the same as for Android 8.0, 8.1, and 9.0: Bring latest AOSP to the maximum number of devices running Google-certified Treble[1], with full hardware support.

You can download latest release at https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases

Which variant do I pick
    To know which variant to download, use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tk.hack5.treblecheck . Don't use other Treble Check apps, they'll give erronous informations.
    And then, you're free to choose between vanilla and gapps variant.

What works?
    On some devices, everything. They are still not the majority though.

What you can expect on the majority of devices?
    It should boot successfully on pretty much all devices with Google-certified Treble. [1]
    Most features should work on the majority of devices out-of-the-box: RIL, WiFi, brightness control, buttons, gestures, ...
    However, many devices still have issues with hardware video decoding and camera.

Is device XXX supported?
    If it's a Google-certified Treble, yes it is. Unlike Google's GSI, Treble devices supported, there is no exception.
    There might be bugs of course, but if you help me, I'll fix them!

Which vendor to use?

Enjoy!

[1] How do I know my device is Google-certified Treble?
    Well it's easy, if your device has first been released with Oreo or more recent, and it has google apps, it has a Google-certified Treble.
    Please note that this means only the vendor provided by the OEM is certified, not the one from device-specific ROM.
    do you plan on doing it?
    Yes, though I've been planning it for more than a year.
    Just flashed v211. What is this green dot on the lockscreen for? If I push it the screen dims and the green dot becomes brighter.
    Right, that's a fail from me, that will be fixed in next release.
    That's intended for devices with optical under-display fingerprint.
    I'm respinning a v212 to fix that.
    Well not working on V40 with LOS 17 android 10 base... haven't tried with Stock LG Pie base tho....
    Use stock vendor. It is very likely lineage breaks Treble compatibility.

works fine on sony xperia 10 dual sim + android 10 software binaries
    Thanks for the report.
    Could you update https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/ and create a page for your device mentioning your tests?

- adaptive brightness doesnt work, i can change brightness....but the automatic change isnt there....someone get what i mean?
    - battery stats....there is no app data....only the graph
    Those are fairly easy to fix, you just need an overlay, based on infos from stock rom.
    There is a guide there https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/How-to-create-an-overlay? or a quite automatic script there: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/blob/master/overlay/generate.sh though I recommend you join @PHHtreble telegram group so I can help you create it.

ps i would love to continue seeing AOSP+su-nogapps :fingers-crossed:
    I definitely don't plan on obsoleting it. Though i'm interested, may I ask why you're using this one?

ps.: changelog said october security update? in options still september written?
    Yup my bad, that's indeed still september.
    Hopefully next should be proper november.

Its working perfectly. but it would be awesome if the fix was built in
    Well the zip itself is closed-source, I can't integrate it without its sources