AOSP 10 (QUACK) Treble Official ROM by phhusson. (Huawei Mediapad M5 lite Global)

Search This thread

garv_sk9

Mar 22, 2011
New Delhi
why no mention of the audio not working?

sound doesnt work on any of these roms -.-

Requirements:

1. Unlocked Bootloader
2. You need ramdisk of current version
3. Download Stock Firmware Online firmware database ⋆ TEAM MT Developers
4. Look for the brand and model and download the update.zip
5. Use the Huawei Extractor to extract the ramdisk.img
6. Zip looks like this "http://update.dbankcdn.com/TDS/data/files/px/sxx/Gxxx/gxxx/vxxxxx/f1/full/update.zip"
7. Download TWRP and Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_12.21.2019.zip from here.
8. AOSP 10.0 ROM from here

Instructions:

1.. Check correct version and download stock firmware and extract RAMDISK.img accordingly from above.
2.. copy Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_12.21.2019.zip on SD card
3. Boot into Fastboot Mode.
Fastboot:
4.. Flash TWRP -> fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp8.img
5.. fastboot reboot recovery (the first time booting should show up the twrp menu)
if the boot message "2. Press Volume up for 3 seconds" appears must do a Factory Reset in the Stock Recovery. After a reboot the TWRP menu shows up. You can activate advanced reboot in developer settings to boot in TWRP menu by pressing recovery mode
TWRP:
6. Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> select data + cache + dalvik-cache -> Swipe to wipe -> back to start menu
7. Install -> Select Storage -> select Mircro SD card -> OK -> select Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_12.21.2019.zip -> Swipe to confirm Flash
8. Reboot -> Bootloader (not System!!!)
Fastboot:
9. fastboot flash ramdisk RAMDISK.img
10. fastboot flash system system-quack-arm64-aonly-gapps.img
11. fastboot reboot
If you get stuck in a bootloop while it boots, go backin TWRP and format your data. Boot again.

Features:

Gapps included, pre installed Root by SU, Dark Mode, Substratum works like charm. Fingerprint works.

Bugs:
No Bugs

IMPORTANT Note :
To use fast charging enable it in Settings -> Phh Treble Setting -> Huawei features -> Huawei fast charge -> Mid-fast
To fix display blur enable it in Settings -> Phh Treble Setting -> Huawei features -> Enable blurry UI workaround

If the sound does not work...it should've been mentioned in the OP. not nice to learn this post flashing

Raresh T

Jul 14, 2014
If the sound does not work...it should've been mentioned in the OP. not nice to learn this post flashing

These aren't roms made exclusively for this tablet. They are Generic system images by Google, made to be compatible with thousands of devices. Of course there can be some incompatibility issues. Those issues might happen for some, not for all. Totally depends on ROM version, device, region and so on. Don't blame anyone here. Be glad you had a way to update the tablet at all.

Also the dev that made the tutorial simply made easy steps for all the beginners around here. Surely he deserves just recognition and no blame. It isn't his rom.

Last edited:

garv_sk9

Mar 22, 2011
New Delhi
These aren't roms made exclusively for this tablet. They are Generic system images by Google, made to be compatible with thousands of devices. Of course there can be some incompatibility issues. Those issues might happen for some, not for all. Totally depends on ROM version, device, region and so on. Don't blame anyone here. Be glad you had a way to update the tablet at all.

Also the dev that made the tutorial simply made easy steps for all the beginners around here. Surely he deserves just recognition and no blame. It isn't his rom.

Absolutely! Credits where due. I am thankful to the OP for the neatly laid out steps.
Just that the post title specifically mentions this device and the not the audio issue. Without sound, the device is practically useless for most and not nice to discover this after flashing and installing apps.
A mention in the bugs will help others decide. The Rom may not be, but this post is specifically for this device I think.

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Hi!
Thank you for the guide, but I am stuck on the first step :(
I am unable to extract RAMDISK.img, there is no RAMDISK.img, only recovery_ramdis.img and erecovery_ramdi.img.

I faced the same issue. It was that I was looking in the wrong update.zip file. It is usually the first one of the three when you click on 'filelist'

Reactions: klemen241

svratonzo

May 14, 2008
Hi,
on Mediapad M5 LITE i have this error

C:\WINDOWS\System32>fastboot flash system c:\adb\system-quack-arm64-aonly-gapps.img
Sending sparse 'system' 1/6 (460796 KB) OKAY [ 13.775s]
Writing 'system' FAILED (remote: 'sparse flash write failure')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Tried to format partition, clear cache without effect.
Please could help me?

Fytdyh

Hi,
on Mediapad M5 LITE i have this error

C:\WINDOWS\System32>fastboot flash system c:\adb\system-quack-arm64-aonly-gapps.img
Sending sparse 'system' 1/6 (460796 KB) OKAY [ 13.775s]
Writing 'system' FAILED (remote: 'sparse flash write failure')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Tried to format partition, clear cache without effect.
Please could help me?
It means you don't have space. Fastboot erase system should solve this. Also, in my thread I ve indicated that you should flash vanilla, since flashing with gapps might result in a bootloop.

svratonzo

May 14, 2008
It means you don't have space. Fastboot erase system should solve this. Also, in my thread I ve indicated that you should flash vanilla, since flashing with gapps might result in a bootloop.

Thank you for fast reply. I erased system, cache and userdata but the issue still affects.
Pelase could you link the correct image version should i install? I will try.
Thank you

Fytdyh

Thank you for fast reply. I erased system, cache and userdata but the issue still affects.
Pelase could you link the correct image version should i install? I will try.
Thank you
Try giving my guide a go. I ve added more info compared to this thread. Also explained in more details. I wouldn't go for phhusson image for my daily driver.

sensor.pl

Mar 15, 2021
Hi
i am looking for stock firmware BAH2-L09 8.0.0.340(OCEC432)
right now page with firmware is not working is there any one who can share it ?

tomKater

Jul 29, 2014
Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
Hi,

I would to try this rom but before I do I have some questions :

- Is there a easy way to go back to stock ? Should I pay attention to backup something ?
- Can you confirm that this rom as no sound issue at all ? (the conversation here is a little bit ambigous)
- I would like to have a no-root rom. Can you confirm that we can choose to active root or not (related to "pre-installed root" in the first topic)

Thank you for your feedback !

evilsquirrel_15

Apr 3, 2021
Seems the "Download stock firmware" step is impossible for me.. I'm needing the BAH2-W19 8.0.0.295(OCEC605) firmware for the device model BAH2-W19.. Can't find it anywhere, bummer. If anyone has it or knows where I can get it I would be forever greatful! Thanks!!!!!!!!

lallolu

Dec 5, 2009
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
I flashed the ROM without any error message. However, it fails to boot with errors:
1) huawei error mode func no 10
2) error no 2

It stops on the bootloader looking page. If I wipe, I am able to go to TWRP though. I have tried Android 11 and 10. I used ramdisk 339 but my ROM was 360. Could it be the cause?

Attachments

• 20210519_111631.jpg
    20210519_111631.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 48

gleck0de

Dec 11, 2020
Hello! Thank you so much for this guide.

I have a BAH2-W19 8.0.0.371 (OCEC567)

I have unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP.

I can't seem to find the RAMDISK for this version of the firmware. The latest available on the firmware site is not the version I have.

Does anyone have RAMDISK handy for this firmware? Or any advice on how to proceed?

Thank you kindly for all your help.

Viator_76

Dec 28, 2021
Hello! Thank you so much for this guide.

I have a BAH2-W19 8.0.0.371 (OCEC567)

I have unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP.

I can't seem to find the RAMDISK for this version of the firmware. The latest available on the firmware site is not the version I have.

Does anyone have RAMDISK handy for this firmware? Or any advice on how to proceed?

Thank you kindly for all your help.
Достаточно поставить HiSuite и обновиться через него, прошивка качается в /Documents/HiSuite/ROM тремя файлами, для себя достаточно забрать update.zip и если нужно то перепрошиться через /dload, единственное, дождаться 99% загрузки прошивки и отключить кабель, программа скажет о проблеме, но проша докачается, копируете куда-то update.zip или всю прошивку, подключаете кабель обратно и заново повторяете процедуру, т.к. прошивка осталась то это быстро и пойдет установка.
Translated:
It is enough to install HiSuite and update through it, the firmware is downloaded to / Documents / HiSuite / ROM in three files, for yourself it is enough to pick up update.zip and if you need to upgrade via / dload, the only thing is to wait for 99% of the firmware download and disconnect the cable, the program will say about problem, but the request will be downloaded, copy update.zip or the entire firmware somewhere, connect the cable back and repeat the procedure again. the firmware remains, then it's quick and the installation will go.

gleck0de

Dec 11, 2020
Достаточно поставить HiSuite и обновиться через него, прошивка качается в /Documents/HiSuite/ROM тремя файлами, для себя достаточно забрать update.zip и если нужно то перепрошиться через /dload, единственное, дождаться 99% загрузки прошивки и отключить кабель, программа скажет о проблеме, но проша докачается, копируете куда-то update.zip или всю прошивку, подключаете кабель обратно и заново повторяете процедуру, т.к. прошивка осталась то это быстро и пойдет установка.
Translated:
It is enough to install HiSuite and update through it, the firmware is downloaded to / Documents / HiSuite / ROM in three files, for yourself it is enough to pick up update.zip and if you need to upgrade via / dload, the only thing is to wait for 99% of the firmware download and disconnect the cable, the program will say about problem, but the request will be downloaded, copy update.zip or the entire firmware somewhere, connect the cable back and repeat the procedure again. the firmware remains, then it's quick and the installation will go.

Thank you for your reply. I managed this a few weeks ago and have been running smoothly since. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Also, I noticed recently that the OPENKIRIN site is back online, so I am looking to try some of those ROMs. Have you tried any? Would you recommend any ROM other than STOCK?

Thank you. Spasiba.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S
    sadiqkarur
    Requirements:

1. Unlocked Bootloader
    6. Zip looks like this "http://update.dbankcdn.com/TDS/data/files/px/sxx/Gxxx/gxxx/vxxxxx/f1/full/update.zip"

Instructions:

1.. Check correct version and download stock firmware and extract RAMDISK.img accordingly from above.
    Fastboot:
    5.. fastboot reboot recovery (the first time booting should show up the twrp menu)
    if the boot message "2. Press Volume up for 3 seconds" appears must do a Factory Reset in the Stock Recovery. After a reboot the TWRP menu shows up. You can activate advanced reboot in developer settings to boot in TWRP menu by pressing recovery mode
    TWRP:
    6. Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> select data + cache + dalvik-cache -> Swipe to wipe -> back to start menu
    7. Install -> Select Storage -> select Mircro SD card -> OK -> select Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_12.21.2019.zip -> Swipe to confirm Flash
    Fastboot:
    11. fastboot reboot
    If you get stuck in a bootloop while it boots, go backin TWRP and format your data. Boot again.

Features:

Gapps included, pre installed Root by SU, Dark Mode, Substratum works like charm. Fingerprint works.

Bugs:
    No Bugs

IMPORTANT Note :
    To use fast charging enable it in Settings -> Phh Treble Setting -> Huawei features -> Huawei fast charge -> Mid-fast
    To fix display blur enable it in Settings -> Phh Treble Setting -> Huawei features -> Enable blurry UI workaround
    It is a shame that Huawei has not upgraded this tablet...... Huawei: never again
    Requirements:

1. Unlocked Bootloader

Instructions:

Fastboot:
    TWRP:
    Fastboot:
    (or AOSP 10.0 v209)
    11. fastboot reboot

Features:

Gapps included, pre installed Root by SU, Dark Mode, Substratum works like charm.
    Bugs:
    Fingerprint issue.

Additional option to point 5:
    If your stock rom or custom rom starts you can boot into twrp by typing adb reboot revovery
    Be sure your device is autohorized like this:

c:\adb>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    82xyzabc device
    Is it compatible with m5 lite 8"?
    the twrp probably not, but you can try.
    May be this will help https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/764535/twrp-kirin.img
    @sadiqkarur

any updates on this ROM?
    fingerprint reader and speakers are working now?