harvey186

May 14, 2010
Hi all,

I have created a GSI based on latest PHH AOSP Android 11

What is LeOS:
1. It's full ungoogled
2. It includes full Working MicroG
3. It includes Seedvauld
4. It includes SimpleGallery, SimpleContacs, Silence, Telegram, F-Droid, Jquarks, K9, DAVx5, OpenCamera, ASK, TotalLauncher
5. available as arm64avS, arm64avN, arm64bvS, arm64bvN
6. no google Apps will work !!!!

You can download latest release at https://leos-gsi.de/downloads

Which variant do I pick
To know which variant to download, use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevintresuelo.treble . Don't use other Treble Check apps, they'll give wrong informations.

Which vendor to use?
1. Always use your actual device's vendor
2. Always use OEM unmodified vendor, not some custom vendor
3. This includes boot.img. boot.img and vendor MUST BE the same version.
4. If you're on an Android 8.0 vendor, you'll need to stick to vendors with Security Patch Level before April 2019 (that's a bug of my GSI)

Join us a telegram group for support: https://t.me/LeOS_Support

Short overview: http://leos-gsi.de

Last edited:

forart.eu

Sep 20, 2012
Macerata, Marche
www.forart.it
Dunno if someone could be interested, but many users asked for an \e\ - a fully deGoogled mobile operating system (OS) and carefully selected applications, together forming a privacy-enabled internal environment for mobile phones - build for Exynos 7870-based devices...

Check here:

eltanque9

Mar 22, 2020
Dunno if someone could be interested, but many users asked for an \e\ - a fully deGoogled mobile operating system (OS) and carefully selected applications, together forming a privacy-enabled internal environment for mobile phones - build for Exynos 7870-based devices...

Check here:
I think a gsi would be a better option to let users try this os before asking for a full porting to \e\ foundation.

Reactions: harvey186

harvey186

May 14, 2010

Check here:
The bad thing on eOS is, that it'S not uptodate. That's why I have created LeOS

Reactions: hacker812c

harvey186

May 14, 2010
Thanks for your precious share @harvey186

i tried to install Leos on my OnePlus Nord AC2003 (avicii), by following this guide
https://community.e.foundation/t/gs...note-9pro-with-super-partition-and-root/22648
but got the Qualcomm crashdump mode after finishing install and reboot.
Official LOS17.1 is working however, and now i'm trying to build an unofficial eOS build, but would love to have your LeOS working.
Have you tried LeOS Q or LeOS -R ?? Which Android version (Pie or Q) was installed on your device ? Are you using OEM vendor or from a custom rom. Most issues are from not using OEM vendor sources.
We have one user which have installed LeOS on a AndroidGo device successfull

for better support, visit the LeOS community here

Last edited:

getthiswork2

May 9, 2019
I tried LeOS R 20210106-RW-bvS.img.xz 2021-01-09 11:13 686M
My OnePlus Nord is delivered with Q (Oneplus 10.5.10 for the moment), and i think i'm using OEM vendor, since i haven't modified anything else.
From my understanding, it's an ARM64 A/B device, is the RW-bvs the correct ROM to use ?
Can you please tell us what's the meaning of RO RW avs avn bvs bvn ?
Thanks

harvey186

May 14, 2010
OK, first a stupid question: You have decompressed the xz file ?
Why have you used such an old version ? Please try the latest. Yesterday I have uploaded a new set of GSI.

RW means system partition is write able. It's for people which want modify anything on /system.
RO means that system partition ins not write able. But all about versions you can find https://leos-gsi.de
Normally this way should work unlocked Q devices:
>adb reboot bootloader
>fastboot devices
>fastboot reboot fastboot
>fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
>fastboot erase system
>fastboot flash system LeOS.img
>fastboot -w
>fastboot reboot bootloader
>fastboot erase userdata
>fastboot reboot

if stuck in bootloop
>reboot in TWRP
>flash permissiver.zip
>reboot system

Drummer605

Nov 5, 2015
I'm from Siberia)
Great idea creating the ungoogled ROM! But it seems to be on the alpha stage yet, as I'm experiencing many issues after installing it to my Redmi 7A 3/32:
1) Screen is blinking sometimes, also brightness slider works very weirdly..
2) On initial load when opening location settings it crashes
3) When in battery saver mode the notifications indicator light constantly blinking and there's no setting to turn it off
4) Many apps have issues accessing SD card or even internal memory, so it makes them impossible to use (like apk downloaders, music players)
5) Contacts and calculator apps are missing, had to install additionally
The rest seem to be fine, the great thing is that all Magisk modules I use (Xposed, ViperFX, Dolby Digital) are working flawlessly!
To sum up - great work so far, but still requires a lot of polishing. Good luck!

IamTheBRAVE

Jan 29, 2017
Always make sure your system partition is big enough when installing. Apps missing or settings tabs not working correctly are symptoms that gsi did not install correctly.

Reactions: harvey186

harvey186

May 14, 2010
thx, but I think it's more than a beta status.
to your issues:
1. it's a know issue of your device. On other devices it works as it should.
2. Seems you using an older version. It's fixed since January versions
3. Do you using OEM vendor? And which Android OEM version are the vendor sources ? A9 or A10?
4. Are you using FOSS apps ? Or Apps from Play Store ? Normally all apps have access to externalSD. You have to allow it. That's a A11 feature
5. You will never find a ROM or GSI wich has all apps you need. Most peopel are using the mini version because they don't want any default app.

I think you should try the latest LeOS from yesterday with the latest OEM vendor sources.