• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[AOSP 11.0] [2020-11-27] LeOS - ungoogled GSI

Search This thread

Drummer605

Nov 5, 2015
I'm from Siberia)
1) Ok, noted
2) Installed the 2.2.2021 build
3) Yes, using the MIUI Q vendor
4) CrDroid/LOS standard music players can't access external SD card even after the access is granted, they only have access to the internal memory
5) Yeah, I know, these are just basic apps that are included almost in every ROM/GSI, especially the contacts app, it's always there by default. That's funny that in the other GSI I installed instead the calendar is missing and it's persent in your GSI :)

P.S. Didn't mean to offend you in any way
P.P.S. Are you planning adding some customization options?

Reactions: hacker812c

harvey186

May 14, 2010
Please test the new 20210202 full version. Simple Contacts is back as default app. It was an error that it was not available.
Regarding SD access, I have all my music on external Sd and the MusicPlayer from F-droid can play them. I think it's an issue of the LOS player. Could be it will need some g**gle services/frameworks.

And it's all OK, I don't be sad about your comments.

And no, I have added all customization I want. But who knows what will come in future 😉

Reactions: hacker812c

LichtEstarossx

Nov 23, 2017
I have been using this gsi and I loved it, except for some strange bugs that I had in the last full version, the first error is that the message application for some reason crashes when starting, the second thing is that apparently some fonts are missing, in telegram foss the names of some acquaintances appear blacked out.
If it is not a problem I would like to know if you can pass me the old wallpaper of the rom, I liked it more than the one generated by my vendor partition.

harvey186

May 14, 2010
Hi, nice to hear that you like my GSI. Regarding messages, I haven't heard this issue it from other users. I will check it.
Regarding fonts, yes, that could be, the font set I'm using doesn't include all alternative characters. So if the user is using some special characters the will miss or looking wrong. Another font set is on my todo list
The wallpaper you can find in downloads https://leos-gsi.de/downloads/

SHA_NDY

Oct 17, 2013

harvey186

May 14, 2010
build without signature spoofing enabled (for security reasorns)?
sorry, I can't understand that. Most people want have signature spoofing for security reasons. !?!?!?
My builds are normally have microG included, but I don't know any ungoogled custom ROM/GSI where signature spoofing is working. With or without microG.
As you can see on attachment, signature spoofing isn't working on LeoS.

By the way, today I have created a nano-version which doesn't include MicroG and also on that version, signature spoofing isn't working

Attachments

• spoof.jpg
    spoof.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 34

SHA_NDY

Oct 17, 2013
sorry, I can't understand that. Most people want have signature spoofing for security reasons. !?!?!?
My builds are normally have microG included, but I don't know any ungoogled custom ROM/GSI where signature spoofing is working. With or without microG.

By the way, today I have created a nano-version which doesn't include MicroG and also on that version, signature spoofing isn't working

Ok cool. I thought signature spoofing enables apps to spoof a different signature to other apps and processes to pretend to be what they actually aren't. That sounds to me like a security issue, perhaps I'm missing information on what signature spoofing really does. That was just my understanding of it.

eltanque9

Mar 22, 2020
@harvey186 I tried nano version and it's very smooth, it seems just what I was searching for. Thanks for your work! I have a question for you: what did you remove from AOSP to obtain an ungoogled OS? I always used LOS as my daily driver and following some tips found on reddit I disabled captive portal and edited gps.config to obtain a degoogled LOS. But maybe it's not enough

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I have created a GSI based on latest PHH AOSP Android 11

What is LeOS:
    1. It's full ungoogled
    2. It includes full Working MicroG
    3. It includes Seedvauld
    4. It includes SimpleGallery, SimpleContacs, Silence, Telegram, F-Droid, Jquarks, K9, DAVx5, OpenCamera, ASK, TotalLauncher
    5. available as arm64avS, arm64avN, arm64bvS, arm64bvN
    6. no google Apps will work !!!!

You can download latest release at https://leos-gsi.de/downloads

Which variant do I pick
    To know which variant to download, use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevintresuelo.treble . Don't use other Treble Check apps, they'll give wrong informations.

Which vendor to use?
    1. Always use your actual device's vendor
    2. Always use OEM unmodified vendor, not some custom vendor
    3. This includes boot.img. boot.img and vendor MUST BE the same version.
    4. If you're on an Android 8.0 vendor, you'll need to stick to vendors with Security Patch Level before April 2019 (that's a bug of my GSI)

Join us a telegram group for support: https://t.me/LeOS_Support

Short overview: http://leos-gsi.de
    build without signature spoofing enabled (for security reasorns)?

LOS degoogled by default?
    I'm building from time to time an ungoogled LeOS-Q version, which is based on LOS17.1.
    But my main work is building an ungoogled LeOS-R which is based on AOSP
    Hi, nice to hear that you like my GSI. Regarding messages, I haven't heard this issue it from other users. I will check it.
    Regarding fonts, yes, that could be, the font set I'm using doesn't include all alternative characters. So if the user is using some special characters the will miss or looking wrong. Another font set is on my todo list
    The wallpaper you can find in downloads https://leos-gsi.de/downloads/
    Sorry, i think you're confusing me with the user above me. Was just trying to help... I don't have this gsi installed
    No, it was a helpful hint. That's why I have liked it :)