• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[AOSP 11.0] [2020-11-27] LeOS - ungoogled GSI

Search This thread

harvey186

May 14, 2010
Hi there, really great rom! For me definitely the best GSI up until now having microg even intigrated :)
One question: one last thing I would like to install is the aurora services to have seamless app installs in aurora droid and store. But when I try to install the APP permissions (on the rw Version) it breaks signature spoofing. Can you give me a hint what I could do?
Hi thx that you like my work. If you own a device with A10 or A11 vendor, you can try ma LeOS-S :)

I never have used this seamless aurora app. But I will try and also ask in my Telegram group. I will come back to you if I have tried it.

harvey186

May 14, 2010
Hi there, really great rom! For me definitely the best GSI up until now having microg even intigrated :)
One question: one last thing I would like to install is the aurora services to have seamless app installs in aurora droid and store. But when I try to install the APP permissions (on the rw Version) it breaks signature spoofing. Can you give me a hint what I could do?
By the way, what do you mean with:
it breaks signature spoofing ?

Last edited:

harvey186

May 14, 2010
. But when I try to install the APP permissions (on the rw Version) it breaks signature spoofing.
OK, have tested it. I have installed the Aurora Service with MagisK. The app itself is showing that the permission is not give, but if you look into Settings/Apps/AuroraServices, you will see that the permission is granted And all works fine. Pls see screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211130-112538_Aurora_Services.png
    Screenshot_20211130-112538_Aurora_Services.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20211130-112700_Aurora_Store.png
    Screenshot_20211130-112700_Aurora_Store.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20211130-112520_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211130-112520_Settings.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20211130-112529_LeOS_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20211130-112529_LeOS_Launcher.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20211130-112458_microG_Services_Core.png
    Screenshot_20211130-112458_microG_Services_Core.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Vailskier
OK, have tested it. I have installed the Aurora Service with MagisK. The app itself is showing that the permission is not give, but if you look into Settings/Apps/AuroraServices, you will see that the permission is granted And all works fine. Pls see screenshots
Thank you very much for testing it yourself. I think on the SU version it works (I also tested LeOS-S and it works, thanks!)
But up until now I used the not rooted versions (due to banking apps) and flash the aurora services and permissions via twrp. Therefore on LeOS-R, arm64 on Galaxy S21:
- on the no SU, RO version I was not able to install (makes sense)
- on the no SU, RW version the result is, that signature of phonesky is not detected anymore (even after new install via fdroid), see attached

As for LeOS-S: looking great! Very excided for that, thanks for the tip. flashing via twrp worked and both microg and aurora services were fully functional. Do you plan on publishing builds without SU, for better compatibility with banking apps?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211130-155227_Aurora_Services.png
    Screenshot_20211130-155227_Aurora_Services.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20211130-154416_microG_Services_Core.png
    Screenshot_20211130-154416_microG_Services_Core.png
    229.1 KB · Views: 8

harvey186

May 14, 2010
Since LeOS-S seams to work I think I will try it out as a daily driver with magisk. I found the magisk install tutorial on your download page, I assume this also applys for LeOS-S?
Easiest way is installing MagisK and it will do the rest :)

I have made a poll in my telegram group regarding Aurora Services. The group has voted for including the service. So from december on I will include Aurora Services in LeOS.

you can remove su also easy. Use 'securize' in Phh Treble Settings.

Banking apps will always a problem on ungoogled OS with open bootloader. for some banking apps the go or no go depends on device. On my Mi Mix Fold no way to get banking app working. On Mi Max3 banking app will work, same on LenovoTab. All do have same LeOS running. And if you need banking app, than you should rin 'securize'. It makes some changes which are good fro banking apps

Easiest way is installing MagisK and it will do the rest :)

I have made a poll in my telegram group regarding Aurora Services. The group has voted for including the service. So from december on I will include Aurora Services in LeOS.

you can remove su also easy. Use 'securize' in Phh Treble Settings.

Banking apps will always a problem on ungoogled OS with open bootloader. for some banking apps the go or no go depends on device. On my Mi Mix Fold no way to get banking app working. On Mi Max3 banking app will work, same on LenovoTab. All do have same LeOS running. And if you need banking app, than you should rin 'securize'. It makes some changes which are good fro banking apps
Thanks for the expanation, I didn't know that :)
And great that you will include Aurora Services in future releases, looking forward to that!
For LeOS-R installing magisk on rootless version was not an issue, but somehow on LeOS-S I cannot get magisk to work and the phh menu crashed when trying to access the menu with securize button. Just to make sure, is this normal due to beta phase?

harvey186

May 14, 2010
Thanks for the expanation, I didn't know that :)
And great that you will include Aurora Services in future releases, looking forward to that!
For LeOS-R installing magisk on rootless version was not an issue, but somehow on LeOS-S I cannot get magisk to work and the phh menu crashed when trying to access the menu with securize button. Just to make sure, is this normal due to beta phase?
Yes, phh app is a bit buggy in the moment. You have to try mire times.
If it still not work I can give you an adb comand

Regarding magisk, I always patching the boot.img with magisk and flash it. Tgan Magisk works fine

okay great, after I cleared app data I was able to press the securize button but nothing happened... well I will try again as time moves on. But as of now I will use LeOS-S and look forward to the aurora service update. Thanks again for taking the initiative to try it out and ask your community about it, I will keep myself posted :) again, great GSI!

Reactions: harvey186

harvey186

May 14, 2010
okay great, after I cleared app data I was able to press the securize button but nothing happened... well I will try again as time moves on. But as of now I will use LeOS-S and look forward to the aurora service update. Thanks again for taking the initiative to try it out and ask your community about it, I will keep myself posted :) again, great GSI!
I have tried securize 2 hours ago on my Mi Note 10 with LeOS-S. After 3 times starting 'Misc' securize done his job
The su is needed for that. You still have it on your device or have you removed it before?

I have tried securize 2 hours ago on my Mi Note 10 with LeOS-S. After 3 times starting 'Misc' securize done his job
The su is needed for that. You still have it on your device or have you removed it before?
On LeOS-S: First I tried hitting the button several times without installing any other software to GSI, SU still present: nothing happens
Then I flashed patched magisk boot.img: magisk is not recognized by magisk manager and securize does not work either

On LeOS-R Magisk worked without a problem, so maybe it is just samsung specific thing, I guess.
So on LeOS-S, I might try when theres another update, maybe I did something wrong. Since everyting seams to work up until now, its not an issue for now :) Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

harvey186

May 14, 2010
On LeOS-S: First I tried hitting the button several times without installing any other software to GSI: nothing happens
Then I flashed patched magisk boot.img: magisk is not recognized by magisk manager and securize does not work either

On LeOS-R Magisk worked without a problem, so maybe it is just samsung specific thing, I guess.
So on LeOS-S, I might try when theres another update, maybe I did something wrong. Since everyting seams to work up until now, its not an issue for now :) Thanks for your help!
I'm publishing every month, some days after google has released new security patches, a new version. So I think I will create december builds next week for LeOS-S. LeOS-R + Q arereleased always mid of month.

I have installed Magisk on my Redmi Note 10. Seems an issue on Samsung

Attachments

• Magisk.png
    Magisk.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I have created a GSI based on latest PHH AOSP Android 11

What is LeOS:
    1. It's full ungoogled
    2. It includes full Working MicroG
    3. It includes Seedvauld
    4. It includes SimpleGallery, SimpleContacs, Silence, Telegram, F-Droid, Jquarks, K9, DAVx5, OpenCamera, ASK, TotalLauncher
    5. available as arm64avS, arm64avN, arm64bvS, arm64bvN
    6. no google Apps will work !!!!

You can download latest release at https://leos-gsi.de/downloads

Which variant do I pick
    To know which variant to download, use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevintresuelo.treble . Don't use other Treble Check apps, they'll give wrong informations.

Which vendor to use?
    1. Always use your actual device's vendor
    2. Always use OEM unmodified vendor, not some custom vendor
    3. This includes boot.img. boot.img and vendor MUST BE the same version.
    4. If you're on an Android 8.0 vendor, you'll need to stick to vendors with Security Patch Level before April 2019 (that's a bug of my GSI)

Join us a telegram group for support: https://t.me/LeOS_Support

Short overview: http://leos-gsi.de

November 3rd 2021:
    from November builds on LeOS-R base will swap to Linage18.1.
    November: 30ten 2021:
    from December on LeOS-R will include AuroraServices
    build without signature spoofing enabled (for security reasorns)?
    sorry, I can't understand that. Most people want have signature spoofing for security reasons. !?!?!?
    My builds are normally have microG included, but I don't know any ungoogled custom ROM/GSI where signature spoofing is working. With or without microG.
    As you can see on attachment, signature spoofing isn't working on LeoS.

By the way, today I have created a nano-version which doesn't include MicroG and also on that version, signature spoofing isn't working
    LOS degoogled by default?
    I'm building from time to time an ungoogled LeOS-Q version, which is based on LOS17.1.
    But my main work is building an ungoogled LeOS-R which is based on AOSP
    Hi, nice to hear that you like my GSI. Regarding messages, I haven't heard this issue it from other users. I will check it.
    Regarding fonts, yes, that could be, the font set I'm using doesn't include all alternative characters. So if the user is using some special characters the will miss or looking wrong. Another font set is on my todo list
    The wallpaper you can find in downloads https://leos-gsi.de/downloads/
    Sorry, i think you're confusing me with the user above me. Was just trying to help... I don't have this gsi installed
    No, it was a helpful hint. That's why I have liked it :)