Development [AOSP-11] [OFFICIAL] Samsung SM-A125F TWRP

Search This thread

LAST_krypton

Reactions: hoba22

Marcbuday

Feb 25, 2021
I got stucked after flashing a twrp and vbmeta, so OS can't boot and restart freqnently but can reboot twrp. Secondly got issue for after an hour unofficial boot warning pops out.

About my phone SM-A125F and running latest version of Samsung.

I tried to root but above issue got after successful operation about rooting and flash twrp

Addition Questionings: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/cant-boot-system-and-or-twrp-running-on-sm-a12f.4361853/

Edit: Mystery Solved

Last edited:

LAST_krypton

I got stucked after flashing a twrp and vbmeta, so OS can't boot and restart freqnently but can reboot twrp. Secondly got issue for after an hour unofficial boot warning pops out.

About my phone SM-A125F and running latest version of Samsung.

I tried to root but above issue got after successful operation about rooting and flash twrp

Addition Questionings: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/cant-boot-system-and-or-twrp-running-on-sm-a12f.4361853/
READ HERE
I don't know how many times I have said the same thing on these forums, just a litle bit of searching is required and you shall find your answer.

Dec 9, 2021
I want to use twrp for my device not planning to flash custom rom like lineage but others who tried this are facing problems like bootloop please fix this issue i only want oneui 3.1 prerooted and twrp...

Last edited:

geek09

Aug 14, 2015
Dasmariñas City
For those who wants to install GSI, etc:

Make sure you're on stock firmware (not magisk patched).
1: Flash nulled VBMETA (below) in userdata slot with ODIN, and TWRP in AP slot.
Hold <VolDn> + <Power> to shut down, then Hold <VolUp> + <Power> to reboot to TWRP
2: In TWRP, wipe data, cache.
3: Flash with TWRP DynaPatch v1.5 to enable flashing to SYSTEM-IMAGE
4: Reboot to recovery
5: Install system.img you want to install, select system-image to flash
6: Done.

If any issues with having dynamic partitions being Read-Only, please flash systemrw_1.32_flashable.
it worked. flash lineage-19 gsi to 125f and success

geek09

Aug 14, 2015
Dasmariñas City
DISCLAIMER: I WAS NEVER, HAVE NEVER BEEN, AND WILL NEVER BE RESPONSIBLE OF ANY DAMAGES AGAINST YOUR DEVICES BY YOUR OWN MIS-OPERATIONS

Install instructions:

1. Download an arbitrary SM-A125F firmware zip package on SamMobile.com, whose Android version is 11
2. Flash by Heimdall by PIT partitions or by Odin by BL, AP, CP, and CSC tar packages
3. Back to the stock ROM > go to Developments settings > allow OEM unlocking (Developments settings could be enabled by tapping 7~10 times somewhere in About Device)
4. If OEM unlocking is unseen to you, take software updates first
5. Also inside Developments settings, enable USB debugging
6. Download the TWRP image, and unzip.
7. Hold <VolUp>+<VolDn> with device tethered to USB-C with your PC
8. Hold <VolUp> to unlock OEM
9. Hold <VolUp>+<VolDn> again with device not disconnected of USB-C
10. Press <VolUp> without holding to enter Download mode
11. Open ODIN to flash the downloaded TWRP in AP slot with my TWRP image.
12. Hold <VolDn> + <Power> to shut down, then Hold <VolUp> + <Power> to reboot to TWRP

Important: device must boot directly to recovery or stock recovery will be restored if you boot direct to OS.
13. Enjoy!👍🏻😎

What is working:
Mounting, flashing, sideloading, MTP also fixed now.

What is not working:
Decrypting USERDATA
You tell me...

Device tree: https://github.com/edward0181/android_device_samsung_a12
How did you manage to sideload? my laptop can't detect my A125F (Running LineageOS 18.1 GSI) when it's in TWRP/Advance/Sideload? I want to sideload GApps because I keep getting errors when I flash GApps in TWRP where the error is "system partition is out of space." BTW this recovery can't load any custom TWRP themes, I tried it. Also, internal storage can't read properly it just shows a lot of folders with random long names.

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
How did you manage to sideload? my laptop can't detect my A125F (Running LineageOS 18.1 GSI) when it's in TWRP/Advance/Sideload? I want to sideload GApps because I keep getting errors when I flash GApps in TWRP where the error is "system partition is out of space." BTW this recovery can't load any custom TWRP themes, I tried it. Also, internal storage can't read properly it just shows a lot of folders with random long names.
It's better to use a GSI with GAPPS included

SvvxKnow

Mar 10, 2022
someone help me please after i flash the twrp the file just become randomly named im new to flashing and costumizing android :(

Hold <VolDn> + <Power> to shut down, then Hold <VolUp> + <Power> to reboot to TWRP

If any issues with having dynamic partitions being Read-Only, please flash systemrw_1.32_flashable.
Unable to install any zipped GSI's and flashed @AndyYan 's LineageOS 19.x bvS instead.

Last edited:

Need guides for flashing NanoDroid which says ‘‘unsupported A/B device’’ but the GSI OS is A/B, and doesn’t support seamless upgrades

Last edited:
04/10/2021
Updated to fix being able to install GSI in system-image partition. See below post

15/09/2021
* Fixed MTP, mount points of Dynamic_Partitions. All is working now, except Decrypting. As mentioned earlier, not important now as you can use OTG, or External_SD or MTP.

15/09/2021
* Redid whole tree, fixed partition errors. Works as system_root.
* FSTAB fixed
Still data decrypt issues, MTK is a pain... not important now, when using external_sd

20/08/2021
* Fixed FSTAB issues.
* Fixed Sideload and ADB issues
* Mounts of partitions fixed

Still to do: Decryption of DATA partition failing as soon as stock ROM is factory resetted. WIP.

09/08/2021
Initial entry; decrypt isn't working.
Is still Work in Progress.
to be updated
And also your latest build doesn’t even have an option to wipe system partition, and never successfully backs data partition up somewhy

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-17-01-41-08.png
    Screenshot_2022-03-17-01-41-08.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_2022-03-17-01-41-07.png
    Screenshot_2022-03-17-01-41-07.png
    76 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_2022-03-16-18-53-28.png
    Screenshot_2022-03-16-18-53-28.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: I WAS NEVER, HAVE NEVER BEEN, AND WILL NEVER BE RESPONSIBLE OF ANY DAMAGES AGAINST YOUR DEVICES BY YOUR OWN MIS-OPERATIONS

Install instructions:

1. Download an arbitrary SM-A125F firmware zip package on SamMobile.com, whose Android version is 11. I used A125FXXU2BVB4 firmware.

2. Clean install firmware (means, no magisk boot module, etc. Flash with ODIN full firmware (BL, AP, CP and CSC _A125FXXU2BVB4*.TAR.MD5. Tick in ODIN options: NAND ERASE; Re-partition. Make sure AUTO REBOOT is OFF!!!

3. Let ODIN flash all, on completion, click reset, disconnect and connect USB, Select recovery.img (below post) in AP slot, and nulled VBMETA.img (below) in USERDATA slot. again; Make sure AUTO REBOOT is OFF!!!

4. Let ODIN flash all. Once all succeeded; Hold <VolDn> + <Power> to shut down, then Hold <VolUp> + <Power> to reboot to TWRP

5. Once TWRP has booted, do full factory reset (wipe caches and data). After that, format data completely. Reboot to recovery once done.

6. Once TWRP has re-booted, go to advance, terminal and execute command: multidisabler.
    This will protect data partition from becoming encrypted again, and secure recovery partition from being replaced.

7. Reboot to system, and setup device as normal. After this, you could install Root or what ever you want.

Important: device must boot directly to recovery or stock recovery will be restored if you boot direct to OS.

8. Enjoy!👍🏻😎

What is working:
    Mounting, flashing *.img to superpartitions, MTP also fixed now.

What is not working:
    ADB sideloading;
    You tell me...

Device tree: https://github.com/edward0181/android_device_samsung_a12
    Kernel tree: https://github.com/00p513-dev/android_kernel_samsung_a12

Boot to recovery, flash IMG and select what partition you want to flash to.

No need for aditional tools with latest update.
    Any pictures of the twrp it self? I'm curently testing something on android 10 and I don't want to revert back to android 11 yet.
    Thanks.
    IMG-20210809-WA0001.jpg
    10/05/2022
    Rebuild kernel to fix issues with dynamic partitions. Backups and flashing img now doesn't break twrp and doesn't reboot anymore.

17/04/2022
    Updated with latest FSTAB issues.
    Will fix not being able to flash GSI to system partitions etc.

Will be online in TWRP.ME downloads soon, but below post is most recent.
    https://eu.dl.twrp.me/a12/ Can be flashed from current recovery (TWRP) as IMG into recovery slot.

12/04/2022
    Rebuild from A125FXXU2BVB4 firmware. Updated kernel to custom kernel. Modified FSTAB points to flash *.IMG files to dynamic partitions. Fixed FBE decryption of data partition.

04/10/2021
    Updated to fix being able to install GSI in system-image partition. See below post

15/09/2021
    * Fixed MTP, mount points of Dynamic_Partitions. All is working now, except Decrypting. As mentioned earlier, not important now as you can use OTG, or External_SD or MTP.

15/09/2021
    * Redid whole tree, fixed partition errors. Works as system_root.
    * FSTAB fixed
    Still data decrypt issues, MTK is a pain... not important now, when using external_sd

20/08/2021
    * Fixed FSTAB issues.
    * Fixed Sideload and ADB issues
    * Mounts of partitions fixed

Still to do: Decryption of DATA partition failing as soon as stock ROM is factory resetted. WIP.

09/08/2021
    Initial entry; decrypt isn't working.
    Is still Work in Progress.
    to be updated
    Did update today.
    All except decrypt data... not important this stage as long as you use a external SD card.