Development [AOSP-11] [OFFICIAL] Samsung SM-A125F TWRP

Search This thread

dewaeshe

Mar 13, 2022
Good day,
You not need to clear anything. Just follow original post to make sure device is complete on stock firmwareand running TWRP as it is.
Format data, run shell command: multidisabler.

Reboot to recovery and flash GSI system.img to sytem image option.
hello. when flashing gsi in twrp, I get the error: unable to find partition size for /system_image. how to solve it?

Last edited:
Any gsi to install? Mine doesnt work, when i install it i get into a bootloop.

and i get failed to mount /system_root (invalid argument)

cant wipe system
if you'd like to wipe system partition;
1th mount system
then wipe > advanced > tick system partition and repair
2th chose change fs to EXT4
then you can format / wipe / whatever

10/05/2022
Rebuild kernel to fix issues with dynamic partitions. Backups and flashing img now doesn't break twrp and doesn't reboot anymore.

1th file: extract and flash direct in TWRP as IMG to recovery.
2th file: extract and flash in ODIN.

Attachments

• twrp-3.6.1_11-2-a12_img.zip
    26.2 MB · Views: 225
  • twrp-3.6.1_11-2-a12.img_tar.zip
    26.2 MB · Views: 868
Hello, Thanks for the update but i tried flashing the twrp tar file with odin. Everything worked fine, odin said PASS! But when i press volume up button and power button nothing happened. Tried the 11-1 version too but its the same result.

edit: 11-0 worked but the new one doesnt work

Last edited:

eternalvarka

Aug 19, 2021
Neverthless what i am doing, flashing dm verity, multidisabler, magisk, etc. Everytime I try to restart my phone it says - only official binaries are allowed (vbmeta)
what should i do? A125F

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: I WAS NEVER, HAVE NEVER BEEN, AND WILL NEVER BE RESPONSIBLE OF ANY DAMAGES AGAINST YOUR DEVICES BY YOUR OWN MIS-OPERATIONS

Install instructions:

1. Download an arbitrary SM-A125F firmware zip package on SamMobile.com, whose Android version is 11. I used A125FXXU2BVB4 firmware.

2. Clean install firmware (means, no magisk boot module, etc. Flash with ODIN full firmware (BL, AP, CP and CSC _A125FXXU2BVB4*.TAR.MD5. Tick in ODIN options: NAND ERASE; Re-partition. Make sure AUTO REBOOT is OFF!!!

3. Let ODIN flash all, on completion, click reset, disconnect and connect USB, Select recovery.img (below post) in AP slot, and nulled VBMETA.img (below) in USERDATA slot. again; Make sure AUTO REBOOT is OFF!!!

4. Let ODIN flash all. Once all succeeded; Hold <VolDn> + <Power> to shut down, then Hold <VolUp> + <Power> to reboot to TWRP

5. Once TWRP has booted, do full factory reset (wipe caches and data). After that, format data completely. Reboot to recovery once done.

6. Once TWRP has re-booted, go to advance, terminal and execute command: multidisabler.
    This will protect data partition from becoming encrypted again, and secure recovery partition from being replaced.

7. Reboot to system, and setup device as normal. After this, you could install Root or what ever you want.

Important: device must boot directly to recovery or stock recovery will be restored if you boot direct to OS.

8. Enjoy!👍🏻😎

What is working:
    Mounting, flashing *.img to superpartitions, MTP also fixed now.

What is not working:
    ADB sideloading;
    You tell me...

Device tree: https://github.com/edward0181/android_device_samsung_a12
    Kernel tree: https://github.com/00p513-dev/android_kernel_samsung_a12
    Any pictures of the twrp it self? I'm curently testing something on android 10 and I don't want to revert back to android 11 yet.
    Thanks.
    IMG-20210809-WA0001.jpg
    For those who wants to install GSI, etc:

Boot to recovery, flash IMG and select what partition you want to flash to.

No need for aditional tools with latest update.
    10/05/2022
    Rebuild kernel to fix issues with dynamic partitions. Backups and flashing img now doesn't break twrp and doesn't reboot anymore.

17/04/2022
    Updated with latest FSTAB issues.
    Will fix not being able to flash GSI to system partitions etc.

Will be online in TWRP.ME downloads soon, but below post is most recent.
    https://eu.dl.twrp.me/a12/ Can be flashed from current recovery (TWRP) as IMG into recovery slot.

12/04/2022
    Rebuild from A125FXXU2BVB4 firmware. Updated kernel to custom kernel. Modified FSTAB points to flash *.IMG files to dynamic partitions. Fixed FBE decryption of data partition.

04/10/2021
    Updated to fix being able to install GSI in system-image partition. See below post

15/09/2021
    * Fixed MTP, mount points of Dynamic_Partitions. All is working now, except Decrypting. As mentioned earlier, not important now as you can use OTG, or External_SD or MTP.

15/09/2021
    * Redid whole tree, fixed partition errors. Works as system_root.
    * FSTAB fixed
    Still data decrypt issues, MTK is a pain... not important now, when using external_sd

20/08/2021
    * Fixed FSTAB issues.
    * Fixed Sideload and ADB issues
    * Mounts of partitions fixed

Still to do: Decryption of DATA partition failing as soon as stock ROM is factory resetted. WIP.

09/08/2021
    Initial entry; decrypt isn't working.
    Is still Work in Progress.
    to be updated
    Did update today.
    All except decrypt data... not important this stage as long as you use a external SD card.