AOSP 12.0 GSI - MOTO G6 ALI!

Search This thread

HeroRicky_Games09

Feb 7, 2018
Moto G6

AOSP 12.0 GSI - G6 ALI​

Hello friends, how are you? I was pretty tired of the traditional roms we have for the Moto G6 there, (I got sick), these roms are excellent, but with time it ended up being more the same, that's when phhusson released an Android 12 GSI, I went to test it and found it amazing the operation on the system, unfortunately there is no way to use the SIM, but some improvements are even nice, I'm starting in this area of customization of the latest ROMs (current android)

You need a recovery that accepts ARM64 ROMs, and the GSI itself

In the link you select system-squeak-arm64-ab-vanilla.img.xz and download, then unzip and install on your system and test

GSI:

Depending on when you are watching this post the performance is already better, however I made this post to motivate the community (us) to try to port ROMs and GSIs for the Moto G6 ALI.

For those who are having doubts a while ago I made a video installing the TWRP with the GSI of Android 11 on the Moto G6 ALI, I recommend you check it out if you have any questions!

(The video is in Brazilian Portuguese my native language)

Last edited:

Skippy12359

Feb 28, 2018
How were you able to get an a/b partition GSI to boot properly on an A-only partition device like the Moto G6?. I've used A-only GSIs successfully on mine in the past but my understanding is A-only has been discontinued with release of a12.

HeroRicky_Games09

Feb 7, 2018
Moto G6
I don't know man, but I just installed it, in the application that sees which system it is if it's AB or A only says it's AB, if I'm not mistaken I've already tested A only roms for it but it didn't work for some reason, I don't know if it's the current Vendor of the custom Roms I'm using or something else, I think it's the vendor since it's not an ARM32 but an ARM64, it can also be for recovery. In short, I don't know.

Skippy12359

Feb 28, 2018
Don't know why an a/b gsi works on an a-only device but it does. Give this a12 gsi a try OctaviOS-v3.2-arm64_bvN-29122021-Unofficial.img.xz. It booted and I got an LTE signal no problem.

Last edited:

adhamnasr

Nov 15, 2021
Earth
doesn't work for me :(
tried both 64 and 32, i'm using twrp 3.6.0_9-0 though, not sure if that is the problem, rolling back to 11 for now.

adhamnasr

Nov 15, 2021
Earth
do you guys push the img and install using twrp or sideload?

edit: i reflashed it to stock, and gonna repeat the process

Last edited:

Skippy12359

Feb 28, 2018
I didn't use stock boot or vendor when Octavia gsi booted for me. I was on the latest Ali Crdroid11 Dec patch, backed it up in latest twrp, did a normal wipe and flashed the vanilla Octavia arm64 a/b system gsi link above. Don't recall if it booted right away or if I went back to twrp and flashed permissiver v4. Either way it booted fine, got carrier signal right away (t- mobile) , sound also worked fine. Didn't flash gapps or anything else. Just was curious if an a/b gsi would actually boot on a G6 and both Aosp12 and Octavia both did for me. Try this permissive zip if the other doesn't work https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117886495

Last edited:
Reactions: kozmo2k4

Skippy12359

Feb 28, 2018
Did a little research on telegram and found out a12 a/b gsi's will also work on an a-only device as long as the device supports SAR (system as root). Treble check app shows the G6 supports SAR and is arm64 so that's likely why they boot OK for some of us. That said the two I've tried Aosp12 and Octavia12 were laggy and would hang occasionally.

Reactions: kozmo2k4

HeroRicky_Games09

Feb 7, 2018
Moto G6
For those who are having doubts a while ago I made a video installing the TWRP with the GSI of Android 11 on the Moto G6 ALI, I recommend you check it out if you have any questions!

HeroRicky_Games09

Feb 7, 2018
Moto G6

AOSP 12.0 GSI - G6 ALI​

Hello friends, how are you? I was pretty tired of the traditional roms we have for the Moto G6 there, (I got sick), these roms are excellent, but with time it ended up being more the same, that's when phhusson released an Android 12 GSI, I went to test it and found it amazing the operation on the system, unfortunately there is no way to use the SIM, but some improvements are even nice, I'm starting in this area of customization of the latest ROMs (current android)

In the link you select system-squeak-arm64-ab-vanilla.img.xz and download, then unzip and install on your system and test

GSI:

Depending on when you are watching this post the performance is already better, however I made this post to motivate the community (us) to try to port ROMs and GSIs for the Moto G6 ALI.

I made a video installing this GSI on it, go there and check it out! It is in Portuguese Brazil.

Nikhil15

Apr 23, 2022
Will it work on moto g6 play Jeter 3gb ram 64 bit cpu snapdragon 430 currently on Android 11 pixel experience

Nikhil15

Apr 23, 2022
Can you tell the steps of installation because I don't understand brazilian
And please tell about bugs of anything

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

AOSP 12.0 GSI - G6 ALI​

GSI:

Nope, still gets a boot loop into the bootloader, i'll give it another try though :)
    Try man, because it's worth testing and seeing the Moto G6 ALI running Android 12, pretty cool
    I didn't use stock boot or vendor when Octavia gsi booted for me. I was on the latest Ali Crdroid11 Dec patch, backed it up in latest twrp, did a normal wipe and flashed the vanilla Octavia arm64 a/b system gsi link above. Don't recall if it booted right away or if I went back to twrp and flashed permissiver v4. Either way it booted fine, got carrier signal right away (t- mobile) , sound also worked fine. Didn't flash gapps or anything else. Just was curious if an a/b gsi would actually boot on a G6 and both Aosp12 and Octavia both did for me. Try this permissive zip if the other doesn't work https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117886495
    Did a little research on telegram and found out a12 a/b gsi's will also work on an a-only device as long as the device supports SAR (system as root). Treble check app shows the G6 supports SAR and is arm64 so that's likely why they boot OK for some of us. That said the two I've tried Aosp12 and Octavia12 were laggy and would hang occasionally.