[AOSP 12.1] LeOS - ungoogled GSI

Search This thread

softrobot

Apr 30, 2022

harvey186

May 14, 2010
Harvey,

Is it possible with your GSI to run Open Street Map inside apps like this using MicroG or this is no private?
https://www.reddit.com/r/MicroG/comments/i0p7y6
Thanks,
Sorry, I don't know any app which is needing this. But anyway, it is never secure if you need an account for an app and the app is needing location. t depends on app/developer what he is doing with the collected data.

Let me know a app which is needing this api and I will try. I only can say, that trekarta or OSM / OrganicMaps Navigation works fine

and by the way, most of these proprietary apps are including google trackers. And they are collection private data as hell

softrobot

Apr 30, 2022
Sorry, I don't know any app which is needing this. But anyway, it is never secure if you need an account for an app and the app is needing location. t depends on app/developer what he is doing with the collected data.

Let me know a app which is needing this api and I will try. I only can say, that trekarta or OSM / OrganicMaps Navigation works fine

and by the way, most of these proprietary apps are including google trackers. And they are collection private data as hell
Thanks, Harvey

I have installed this two apps which are used in Spain to pay parking and gasoline in an old tablet that I used for testing.

As you can see they are able to show Mapbox-Open Street Map inside with MicroG that I have installed in my tablet. Not your GSI. A Crdroid without any gapps. Originally, under a full googled android, they would be using google maps.

With your GSI they not show any map. They are complety blank. But get location.
Screenshot_20220507-193515764.jpg
Screenshot_20220507-193552174.jpg

harvey186

May 14, 2010
Thanks, Harvey

I have installed this two apps which are used in Spain to pay parking and gasoline in an old tablet that I used for testing.

As you can see they are able to show Mapbox-Open Street Map inside with MicroG that I have installed in my tablet. Not your GSI. A Crdroid without any gapps. Originally, under a full googled android, they would be using google maps.

With your GSI they not show any map. They are complety blank. But get location.
View attachment 5608775View attachment 5608777
Ok, I will try testing

harvey186

May 14, 2010
Ok, I will try testing
Ok, sorry, I can't test any of this apps. They are contaminated with trackers and need an account.
Such apps are totally against for what LeOS is created. They will steel your privacy. If you will need such spying apps, better use a different OS. Sorry

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220507-200314_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220507-200314_Trebuchet.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20220507-200123_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220507-200123_Trebuchet.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

tomri

Jun 20, 2013

harvey186

May 14, 2010
What I am after is not "new" but "ungoogled". The device is A-only according to the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevintresuelo.treble recommended in the first post. If there is another definition of A-only, please exply

What I am after is not "new" but "ungoogled". The device is A-only according to the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevintresuelo.treble recommended in the first post. If there is another definition of A-only, please explain.
Use treble info app and not treble check app.

For a-only devices you can use LeOS-R.

tomri

Jun 20, 2013
By "newer stock ROMs", I mean a more modern stock firmware, on which you can install an "AB" GSI.
Treble Info says my A50 supports system-as-root and I shall use an A/B image.
I am still on the original firmware, Android 9, OneUI 1.1. Do I need to update to the latest stock first, and then follow the guide here and install TWRP, then the GSI?

harvey186

May 14, 2010
Last edited:

bentalebnordine

Mar 2, 2013
I tried this rom - especially the version mentioned in the screen shot- on my OnePlus nord 100, it was fabulous, thank you so much. My phone stays cool even when I watch YouTube, and battery life is very good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220520-100216_LeOS Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220520-100216_LeOS Launcher.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20220520-100146_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220520-100146_Trebuchet.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20220520-100110_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220520-100110_Trebuchet.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: harvey186

奶茶G

Mar 4, 2017
Hello, I am currently using the Sony Xperia 1 II to customize the Android12 ROM, I would like to try it (LeOS-19.1-VNDK-arm64-bvN.img), but I don't know how to flash the .img, and I am looking for step-by-step help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220526-172845_Treble 檢查.png
    Screenshot_20220526-172845_Treble 檢查.png
    214.9 KB · Views: 10

harvey186

May 14, 2010

奶茶G

Mar 4, 2017
Android12 is only as a/b version available and I don't know if there will be a a-only version in future. Sorry

Android devices are a-only or a/b devices. There is no b-only.
Excuse me: This column fastboot flash system LeOS.img
Do you want to change it to fastboot flash system (LeOS-19.1-VNDK-arm64-bvn).img ?
Do the rest of the columns follow the Standard Android 10 order?
English is not very good, just use Google translate.
pdx203 1ii I just use Fastboot to flash the established script to complete.
If I want to learn a different way, I feel that my head is too big.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Amazing ROM, no issues!
    Great Job :D(y)
    Little update from me here iso on Telegram (I am still 2500 message behind there, lol)
    I took the jump: deleted seedvault and dirty updated my aosp a64 vndklite March version to June.
    The launcher was not working properly and the UI was a mess. o_O
    Then I dirty flashed vndk 19.1 June over it and all is fine! :cool:(y)
    Hi all,

I have created a GSI based on latest PHH AOSP Android 12. Thanks PHH for his great work.

What is LeOS:
    1. It's full ungoogled
    2. It includes full Working MicroG
    3. It includes Seedvauld
    4.The beta version is a minimal version which only includes some essential apps. But with an easy install script, you can create a 'full' version with more FOSS apps.
    5. available for now arm64bvS, a64bvS. Both in VNDK and VNDK lite available.
    6. no google Apps will work !!!!

You can download latest release at https://leos-gsi.de/downloads

Which variant do I pick
    To know which variant to download, use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevintresuelo.treble . Don't use other Treble Check apps, they'll give wrong informations.

Which vendor to use?
    1. Always use your actual device's vendor
    2. Always use OEM unmodified vendor, not some custom vendor
    3. This includes boot.img. boot.img and vendor MUST BE the same version.
    4. Android 10 / 11 / 12 OEM vendor is needed.

LeOS-S is still in Beta and does have some bugs.
    Know bugs you will find on PHH release page
    -- the su bug I have fixed

Join us a telegram group for support: https://t.me/LeOS_Support

Short overview: http://leos-gsi.de
    LeOS is really fantastic and already in early A12 stage usable as a daily driver. For all who are looking for a gsi far away from the Google claws, LeOS is the best decision. Thx for gr8 work.
    micro-g supposedly fully works but google apps won't work? what about youtube and google photos?
    It's a special MicroG version where you can't add a g'**gle account or register your device. For youtube you can use NewPipe from f-droid. Google photos wont work.

LeOS is designed for users which don't want share personal data with g**gle
    Great work...thanks.....will try it soon...
    MOD ACTION:

Thread cleaned.

While arguments are good, it is to be ensured that the language doesn't deteriorate, which it did in a couple of posts. Please read and follow Rule 2.

I presume that the issue is now settled and we can concentrate on the purpose of the thread.

Thank you.