[AOSP 12.1] LeOS - ungoogled GSI

Search This thread

TrickyJoe

Dec 12, 2019
Kiev
Quite curious about miscellaneous folder. Any readme/description what those files stand for? vbmeta in particular, I used from my Pie rom before flashing leos. Is it safe to flash them? At what conditions?
Used fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification ... for my device and see people use special zips like DFS.zip.
Does that additional string fully substitude that disablers? Or that was device-specific fastboot option?
Entry #14 from wiki post adds another vbmeta-empty-noverity.img is that file specific to mi9se?

Last edited:

harvey186

May 14, 2010
Quite curious about miscellaneous folder. Any readme/description what those files stand for? vbmeta in particular, I used from my Pie rom before flashing leos. Is it safe to flash them? At what conditions?
Used fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification ... for my device and see people use special zips like DFS.zip.
Does that additional string fully substitude that disablers? Or that was device-specific fastboot option?
Entry #14 from wiki post adds another vbmeta-empty-noverity.img is that file specific to mi9se?
Sorry, but I can't explain every file in that folder. If you will need one, I will tell you or you will know.
The position 14 in Wiki is a bit overloaded. you have to flash a vbmeta.img (best is always the stock vbmeta) with
'fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img'
If you don*t have a stock vbmeta, you can use the google-vbmeta.img for Misc. folder.

But I don*t understand all that. You have a running LeOS-19.1 on your device with some keyboard issues. So I have build you a special GSI which you should dirty flash over your existing install. No need for anything from wiki. flash special LeOS with fastboot and all fine.

TrickyJoe

Dec 12, 2019
Kiev
If you don*t have a stock vbmeta, you can use the google-vbmeta.img for Misc. folder.
Thanks for clarification and cyrillyc build (hope it's lite version). I understand about dirty flashing and will do that asap when fix fastboot driver issue at windows notebook. That questions were just out of curiosity. Don't blame me for this). I've got another identical phone and very eager to flash the last build you sent to another phone by means of usb male-male cable. Flash one phone from another (without computer windows|unix). Will try to do that with the help of the apk i've found at f-droid. if fail than try rooted gsi as donor)

TrickyJoe

Dec 12, 2019
Kiev
Hello Harvey. Found an issue at non-rooted version vdnklite latest (june) font switching is not working. Tried your special cyrillic build but got bootloop no matter pure from scratch or dirty flash. Downloaded rooted light vesion and after switching fonts got working ukrainian interface. Was curious (fixed twrp at last) and used a bit newer original firmware but think that's smth you missed in gsi.
UPDATE: fonts work at system settings mostly. Other applications display incorrect symbols.

Attachments

• fonts_rooted.png
    fonts_rooted.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 35
  • non_system_font.png
    non_system_font.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

wishx

Feb 10, 2009
Google Pixel 5
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
I'm itching to try this, but my tablet just updated to the July security patch today (unless that doesn't matter, in which case I will flash June VNDKLITE-arm64-bvN on my Mi Pad 5), but I assumed it had to be on the same security releases like other ROMs.
Waiting for that sweet July release! :)

EDIT: I couldn't wait and installed it anyway, and it works great! LeOS is awesome!

Last edited:

AldairDoe

Jul 9, 2022
I can't add an account to microg it says that can't connect with the google servers, is that a bug?, i tried with the a11 gsi too

KenHerman

Feb 8, 2021
I have the July build of LeOS 19.1 installed on my Sony Xperia 1 iii. - running very successfully .
A few observations:

* I see that the download notes say that a firewall app is included in build. I don't see the app. How do I access it?
One reason I am asking is because I am trying to set the DNS to Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 without any success. It might be the firewall stopping it. (Settings->Network & Internet-> Private DNS)

* I am trying to install the Simple Contacts Pro from F-Droid without success. It gives me an install error of -13. The new package failed because it contains a content provider with the same authority as a provider already installed in the system. Any thoughts on this?

* It appears as if I change from the default system font that it does not apply everywhere. For instance, error messages and keyboard fonts don't change, but the settings fonts do.

* This has been reported in a previous post, audio will play out of both the headphones and the speakers.

wori

May 7, 2010
@harvey186 is this not an opensource ROM? I didn't see the sources anywhere. For something that is privacy-focused, it surprises me that I can't find the source.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I cant sign in google account in Microg its stuck on establishing connect,,im rooted with magisk
    This is an ungoogled gsi, you will not be able to sign into a google account. That's the design of this gsi. If you need a google account, use another gsi.
    View attachment 5673795
    Sorry, but, if so, why microG in included by default?
    ^
    ^
    Because some Apps rely heavily on Google APIs and have no fallbacks for if you want full Notifications and a few other things.. is 1 reason :cowboy:
    Hi all,

I have created a GSI based on latest PHH AOSP Android 12. Thanks PHH for his great work.

What is LeOS:
    1. It's full ungoogled
    2. It includes full Working MicroG
    3. It includes Seedvauld
    4.The beta version is a minimal version which only includes some essential apps. But with an easy install script, you can create a 'full' version with more FOSS apps.
    5. available for now arm64bvS, a64bvS. Both in VNDK and VNDK lite available.
    6. no google Apps will work !!!!

You can download latest release at https://leos-gsi.de/downloads

Which variant do I pick
    To know which variant to download, use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevintresuelo.treble . Don't use other Treble Check apps, they'll give wrong informations.

Which vendor to use?
    1. Always use your actual device's vendor
    2. Always use OEM unmodified vendor, not some custom vendor
    3. This includes boot.img. boot.img and vendor MUST BE the same version.
    4. Android 10 / 11 / 12 OEM vendor is needed.

LeOS-S is still in Beta and does have some bugs.
    Know bugs you will find on PHH release page
    -- the su bug I have fixed

Join us a telegram group for support: https://t.me/LeOS_Support

Short overview: http://leos-gsi.de
    LeOS is really fantastic and already in early A12 stage usable as a daily driver. For all who are looking for a gsi far away from the Google claws, LeOS is the best decision. Thx for gr8 work.
    I cant sign in google account in Microg its stuck on establishing connect,,im rooted with magisk
    This is an ungoogled gsi, you will not be able to sign into a google account. That's the design of this gsi. If you need a google account, use another gsi.
    micro-g supposedly fully works but google apps won't work? what about youtube and google photos?
    It's a special MicroG version where you can't add a g'**gle account or register your device. For youtube you can use NewPipe from f-droid. Google photos wont work.

LeOS is designed for users which don't want share personal data with g**gle
    Great work...thanks.....will try it soon...