AOSP 4.2 - TRAINWRECK edition - very early build - preview 2 available

Search This thread

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
I don't even know why I'm releasing this, it's current state is awful but for those that want to play with the latest hotness from google here is the pre alpha super crappy trainwreck edition

This is only provided as a demonstration of android 4.2 you cannot make phone calls you cannot browse the web properly it's just so you can see the interface.

DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU DON'T BACKUP

Working
wifi & tethering
mobile data
the ui
sdcard

broken
the browser displays garbage based on the website you're viewing
usb mass storage does not work - if you try enabling it your sdcard will become unmounted until reboot
audio doesn't work
bluetooth doesn't work
browser is buggy to fix the screen coruption enter about:debug in the url bar then tap menu debug and uncheck enable opengl

BACKUP EVERYTHING then wipe everything and be prepared to reflash your favorite steady rom after you're done goofing around in 4.2

The ROM:
http://jellytime.googlecode.com/files/TrainWreck4.2nov18.zip
chart

Gapps - now working with preview 2
gapps-4.2-JOP40C-121116.zip

A8AgIujCQAEK5eH.png:large

A8AhOxnCIAEqxLj.png

Kernel Source:
https://github.com/randomblame/Jellytime_7x30

Last edited:

bunbury911

Feb 1, 2012
RB you r the man!!

Woooooot my first post ever in developer section.....

Had long time waiting to say "Thanks RB for your great work" and finally can :)

Sent from my Inspire 4G

Hilmy

Jan 20, 2012
Nice work randomblame. Looking forward to try this when its a bit more stable.

Are you planing to use 4.2 in JellyTime? Would love to see this running as smooth as JellyTime does :D

jsethi3

Feb 27, 2011
Princeton
Great work!
I'll try it now.
I dont know if this is the place,but does it mean you'll stop the JellyTime project ?

One cannot pamper two beautiful babes at the same time...:cyclops:

I do agree that we will like to see JT till near finishing line..and I think - it is there!! Why I say "near finishing line"? - development like these never complete. They just mature into next version/release - and that is what 4.2 is.

Personally - I will like to see 4.2 grow into another stunning....;):cool:

Keep up the good work.

ciao for now..

cdordon

Feb 25, 2011
Clifton Park, NY
I did not backup and flashed this. Now camera MMS data don't work, and I can't download anything. I didn't read op only used it for link. Help!!!

... Jk. Can't wait for this to be functional. Rb is the ****!

Sent from my Cellular Telephone, which can do magic things over the internet.

Reactions: espmartin

htctouchelfin

Apr 22, 2009
I did not backup and flashed this. Now camera MMS data don't work, and I can't download anything. I didn't read op only used it for link. Help!!!
... Jk. Can't wait for this to be functional. Rb is the ****!

Sent from my Cellular Telephone, which can do magic things over the internet.
can you go into recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't even know why I'm releasing this, it's current state is awful but for those that want to play with the latest hotness from google here is the pre alpha super crappy trainwreck edition

This is only provided as a demonstration of android 4.2 you cannot make phone calls you cannot browse the web properly it's just so you can see the interface.

DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU DON'T BACKUP

Working
    wifi & tethering
    mobile data
    the ui
    sdcard

broken
    the browser displays garbage based on the website you're viewing
    usb mass storage does not work - if you try enabling it your sdcard will become unmounted until reboot
    audio doesn't work
    bluetooth doesn't work
    browser is buggy to fix the screen coruption enter about:debug in the url bar then tap menu debug and uncheck enable opengl

BACKUP EVERYTHING then wipe everything and be prepared to reflash your favorite steady rom after you're done goofing around in 4.2

The ROM:
    http://jellytime.googlecode.com/files/TrainWreck4.2nov18.zip
    chart

Gapps - now working with preview 2
    gapps-4.2-JOP40C-121116.zip

A8AgIujCQAEK5eH.png:large

A8AhOxnCIAEqxLj.png

Kernel Source:
    https://github.com/randomblame/Jellytime_7x30
    well I got sdcard access had to sort out some issues with init and it's all good in the hood. now audio
    no it's that damned platipus

Got a working extended power menu - makes me happy
    Added rotation lock/unlock tile to the quick settings menu
    all the while trying to fix usb mass storage
    I'm gonna throw up I'm so tired. Got the nexus 4's in the mail today. One for me and one for the wife :p and I put out the first custom rom and kernel for it tonight rahaha hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to pull myself away from the new shiny toy and work on desire hd :p
    here a new version still no audio, usb mass storage causes sd card to become unmounted and requires a reboot to remount :silly: keyboard gestures working kernel updated. http://jellytime.googlecode.com/files/TrainWreck4.2nov18.zip
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone